It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Orb Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have experienced some ghostly/paranormal stuff in my life and those experiences I will share only with close friends and family. However I had an orb experience that was most unexpected. I had returned home from work and wanted to relax a little before doing my evening chores. My cat had been playing with her Christmas cat nip and then I caught something on camera that came a shock.

www.youtube.com...

youtu.be...

Please note this is not a hoax or anything like that. This video was made in good faith. It is interesting to note that my cat was watching the orbs and then jumped off in the direction of the orbs floated off to.

What do you make of it?

edit on 1/1/15 by Wirral Bagpuss because: YT Link Woes!

edit on 1/1/15 by Wirral Bagpuss because: You Tube Woes!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
it's at second 17, 18 and 19 for people having trouble spotting the orb with the lovely/tasteful beige background....LOL!!
Looks legit to me, altho I'm not an orb expert.

Nice catch Wirral!!

Beautiful Cat too!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wirral Bagpuss

I would say it's way more likely a bug... moth... that kitty went after.

Not that I think strange light-orbs cannot exist... I've seen some, but more info might be nice... like is your house "disturbed" or haunted? Anything else to make you think it would be paranormal?

Stopping the video on the "orb" doesn't produce the usual "buggy" look though... it does seem more circular than the average bug caught on film... but insect is just far more usual.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
It is interesting to note that my cat was watching the orbs and then jumped off in the direction of the orbs floated off to. What do you make of it?

Just a insect, that the cat also sees and then chases.
edit on 1-1-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I stopped the video and you can see straight thru the orb to the chair leg. Unless bugs are see thru?
Why can't orbs just be orbs?

(scuffing toe in dirt)

Cat's prey drives are pretty high, so now you're saying his cat is slow as well? Had that been a bug my cat would never have waited that long to dive after it. LOL
edit on 1-1-2015 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I stopped the video and you can see straight thru the orb to the chair leg. Unless bugs are see thru?

That is simply because it is massively out of focus, and close to the camera.

Why can't orbs just be orbs?

Well, orbs are just insects or dust....
rationalwiki.org...

Cat's prey drives are pretty high, so now you're saying his cat is slow as well? Had that been a bug my cat would never have waited that long to dive after it.

Perhaps the cat was looking at something else, and only noticed it later....
edit on 1-1-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

ROFL!!!
OK...it's still New Years Day here, a holiday, toss me a bone and just nod while saying "yep! Looks orbish to me too!"

a bonus would be "Hey your cat looks confused by that orb!"
But then again I'm optimistic

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well...OMFG!!!!! I used to take pictures a few years back full of orbs. We used to go `ghost hunting` etc etc, most haunted style, got loads of weird pictures. Now, I have a cheap smartphone, never thought of orbs since and have been happily snapping away these last few years, orb free. However cut a long story short, snapping away at ma little `un playing with his new christmas prezzies and when i look back at them, WHAM!!!!

A huge orb/light anomoly in just one picture.

So this has intruiged me and i`ve been studying the picture, weighing up all possibilities. Trying to rule out dust particles, moisture, weather balloons
. Zoomed in, zoomed out, then forgot about it. Do ma daily check of ATS and theres your thread. First thread on orbs av seen in ages.

I will definately be keeping my eye on this thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Nice carpet BTW.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Clearly a tiny out of focus object (dust/debris particle/bug) very close to the camera.

Honestly, it's 2015, and when I see how many people fall for dust 'orbs', camera anomalies like exposure issues, paradolia in pictures... well, I continue to lose faith in the objectivity of the average person to be able to distinguish mystery from mundane. Not surprising considering a few hundred years ago our every day lives were lived in the shadow of all sorts of superstitious beliefs and nonsense.

This isn't paranormal. Never was. Never will be. It is clearly what I stated above. Want to see hundreds of 'ghosts'? Go over to your couch, give your pillows a few good whacks, and start recording. Better call a priest.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fenian8

Thank you! The carpet shop had a sale on and I chose this patterned carpet as I liked it very much!
Mind you had my cat been a tortie I may well have been accidently stepping on the cat's tail as a tortie would blend in with the carpet! ;-)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

My cat is a rescue cat, she chose me! I have had her now for five year this year. And VERY spoilt!!
My cat has chased flies in the house before, and she even climbed the net curtains when she was much younger and for a few heart stopping moments I thought she would bring them down! But this was something different.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Calalini

Actually my phone camera was in focus. I was surprised as anyone when I captured this whilst filming my cat!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well I have had experiences in the past, though not in my home. The previous owner died, but this house has been very welcoming and I don't feel any threat whatsoever. Well once I did. My bed was shaking and I did think something was haunting me, but it turned out to be an earthquake which is rare in the UK! I have lost relatives and I like to think perhaps they might be coming in visitation. The other experiences I have had elsewhere. I do believe I am open to this sort of stuff having experienced stuff before, but I am not a medium or anything like that. Just ordinary!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Ive seen black orbs too. I'm pretty sure they are sentient too, I dont know much about them and they disappear as quickly as they appear.

No idea what they are??

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wirral Bagpuss
a reply to: Calalini

Actually my phone camera was in focus.

Look up "depth of field".... you camera was focused on your cat, not the dust or insect.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm going for out-of-focus bug.

If the thing was further from the camera lens, we'd have a better idea.

I think the jury's still out on orbs; it's easy to just dismiss them as dust particles and bugs, and if you are of a certain skeptical persuasion, that's all they are, case closed.

But dust and bugs are everywhere.

Orbs ought to be more common than they are.

new topics

top topics

join