It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the old stones that i've found from forest!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Colbomoose

Yeah it just might be. Fast Google search didn't yeld anything similar, nor did i find any near perfectly ball-shaped xenoliths. Circular yes, but whole ball, no. But the description fits in my opinion. There are also traces of different alloys, glass, biotite..

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The black speckled rock looks to me like a piece of granite. It is hard to tell much without physically analyzing them with my eyes and hands though. I am not an expert by the way, lol, so I could be wrong. The piece that looks attached to the granite does seem as if it could be meteoritic in origin, but I doubt this is the case considering it looks attached in the first place. Not really sure. The rocks that are roundish initially appeared to me like fossilized dinosaur eggs, but the shape is not really correct. Could be fossilized pieces though. In my opinion the most interesting piece is whatever is attached to the intrusive granite chunk.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Some fossilised nuts and other fossils.

paleobiology.si.edu...

accpaleo.wordpress.com...

Plant fossils (fruits, nuts, and woody parts) from the early Eocene Clarno formation (Nut Beds).
edit on 1-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here is some crappy microscopic pictures, taken through 5 dollar microscope and mobile phone.. sheesh.

I found some fibrous looking.. fibers. Theres pretty much of it "inside" the stone. Also some other.

The fibre inside

outer crust

inner crust; "exposed area in crack"

inner or outer crust

between the crusts

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I've never seen anything like that, amazing! I guess there is no chance to find such large chunks of fossils here from my area.

Too bad, that would be just heart stopping to stumble on such slab of fruits and nuts!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: menneni

May be a meteorite.
Is it magnetic?
I dunno any geologists in?.

its iron ore embedded in granite

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Thanks for input. Are you sure?

I've never seen similar, not even in pictures. And it makes me wonder that there are fibrous-looking material "inside of the ball" visible in microscope.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Love the article. Wish there was more people out there posting pictures though.

I collect rocks here and there when im out walking trails.. It passes time and it's a pretty fun investigating the rock back at home. We find a lot of quartz here where i live and I've found a lot of volcanic rock as well(upper-midwest). Don't know of any volcanoes in this area either which is odd. I'd post pictures but don't have a high quality camera so it would basically be a messy blur. Anyone ever get lucky and personally find a fossil?

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: menneni

the crust is way too thick for a meteorite:
fusion crust on a meteorite is less than a millimetre ...

[cube is 1cm]
www.meteorite-recon.com...

If it attracts a magnet try iron-oxide concretions ... meteorites.wustl.edu...
edit on 3-1-2015 by Takifugu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I grew up spending a lot of time in some woods that were mostly horse chestnut trees, on first appearance and more so from the microscope pictures it looks like it could be a fossilised horse chestnut.

www.rockymountainsoap.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join