It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the old stones that i've found from forest!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So, i was wandering in forest, looking for the signs of earlier humans... (laughing out loud)

Among other fantastic things i saw with imagination, i found a quartz-stone under a fallen tree's roots. Not big, like 5 x 5 x 3 cm or 2 x 2 x 1,25 inch, but what made it interesting was the location. No quartz visible anywhere near, except that piece under fallen tree.

And i found this stone, or stone in stone. What you think it is? This was in large slab ripped apart from bedrock when storm hit the tree.

"Ball" diameter is about 3,5 inch or 80mm. Looks layerish, like onion. The outer layer, i'm not sure what it is. It's full of some mineral.

edit on 01America/Chicago11America/Chicago144 by menneni because: Free AD for Zowie, so may i have my free mouse, a please?

edit on 01America/Chicago11America/Chicago121 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: menneni

May be a meteorite.
Is it magnetic?
I dunno any geologists in?.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Nice finds!

Thanks for sharing them!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I just tried, well in my android, the app called physics toolbox's magnetometer and gyroscope goes crazy, seems to me the magnetic disturbance is coming from the center OR from that broken crust.

The ball has been inside bedrock, it was just ripped open because of heavy winds. i wonder how it formed / whatever!

The quartz was very interesting too because it seemed so out of place.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm no geologist... but wow...that is an unusual stone. A meteorite, with concretion in a lava flow?

Mystery wrapped in an enigma... though I suspect a geologist or autodidact will have a more plausible answer!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Twice I have found fossilised mushrooms, they looked like regular mushrooms but made of stone.

That looks similar but fossilised something else, like a horse chestnut while still in it's green outer layer.

I have collected interesting stones since a child (imagine the taunts from other kids) and there are lots to be found. I found an octahedron shaped quartz polished on all sides but rugged at the base when I was about 5 in some stone garden chips, I kept it in my jewelry box, and some shiny green and blue onyx type stone that was on a stone chip pathway. Unsurprisingly, I moved near Avebury of the standing stones as an adult.

More people should be looking around forests, it is a great way of learning about nature, truth and reality.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 1-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
In regards to the find it's sage to say it's valuable at least

edit on 1-1-2015 by RodNasty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Oh my, those stoned mushrooms must be amazing! First thing that came to mind "on-site" was that it was an apple. Truth to be told, i have no idea, except that wandering and wondering in forest does good to human being.

Here's the quartz, and the ball after i layed my hands on it. I'm a bit shamed of myself, but but but i love the stone!

EDIT:

Hey thanks for your post, it really looks like that chestnut! The shape is on par.
edit on 01America/Chicago11America/Chicago141 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The ice age glaciers had deposited many minerals along their paths. There is gold in some streams here in Michigan, but it comes from areas way up north and were placed here by the glaciers. I imagine this is the case in Finland with these minerals.
edit on 1-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I feel sort of at home in a forest, perhaps it's in the DNA, our ancestors probably knew them well.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Add some "stoned mushrooms" and the forest gets magical indeed!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Same here, and i agree. What i find interesting effect while in forest, is those energy levels that are changing that you can notice. I don't know whats that about. Maybe it's the fear. Maybe it's the trees or the rocks.
Maybe it's the green man
But it's something.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ia reply to: menneni

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Yeah, there is gold and stuff around, sure. And the quartz could also just a stone left from the rectracting ice, among other rubble, but i'm inclined to think thats not the case here, because

- i was at top altitude within local environment
- all stones were found under a fallen trees roots. Both trees were adult trees, aged some 100 years or so.

And the ball, that was just something unexpected for a non-geologist like me. I really wish being lazy gets rewarded and someone tags along with this thread to give us some answers!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The rock in a rock is an iron concretion I'm 99% sure. Everything about it is right to come to that conclusion and you may find many in that area if it is.

The other, if you are in an area that has seen glaciation, it could be from an entirely different area. One of a kinds are common in areas that have seen a lot of till deposited.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thanks for the post. The area has seen glacitation, and it's quite plausible that the quartz-piece is a "traveller-stone". It's just the location that makes me wonder because of the other "tool-looking" items found on same square meter, like axe-head-lookalike and dark-mineral chips, 2x2 inch and 0,25" thick.

Area in general is deepish in forest, about 40 meters above current sea level, 20 kilometers from current shore. 500 km south from arctic circle. Top altitude in local environment, top of bedrock "pushings" or intrusions. The area is very near of calculated fracture line, and the bedrock is metamorhic, biotite paragneiss -rock, and other type of rock near on the fracture area is plutotonic rock, Tonalite and quartz-diorite, intrusive.

And the rock-rock, it's only magnetic? (digital sensor, mag+gyro) on near the breakage on "crust" thats the only place sensors go flip-flop, but you cant attach a magnet on it, nor sense any magnetic traction.

EDIT: forgot to add, Yes, there seems to be some, very minor oxydated iron-ore near the ball. But on the bedrock, there wasn't any signs of iron deposits. Do you know if there should be more iron visible? Or perhaps, if this is a concentration of "Mineral N", do you know if this is a telltale of larger deposits of said mineral? The "ball" weights at 371 grams, while similar sized stone covering the ball weights 249g

edit on 01America/Chicago11America/Chicago106 by menneni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just throwing some extras here

Photo of the bedrock from same hike, took picture because of those red spots, they were sparkly, like a make-up.

And this one, i wildly figured it could be a tomb. There are tombs and other building-leftovers from bronze age within 2 km from this zone. And stone-age within 15 km.

linky

There was also this intense green stuff growing from the tomb like fumes. I'd really like to know what sort of algae/mushroom that is. It was surreal and intensely green, altho its overblown in that picture.

linky

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Looks like a lump of granite with some xenoliths. Very common geological occurrence.a reply to: menneni

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The green stuff on those rocks is probably moss and lichen.

The red sparkly areas could be red granite, quartz or mica.

I know of Druid graves in Scotland that look similar to those stones. Perhaps there is a map with historical areas shown that would say if it is a known historical monument.
edit on 1-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Probably lichen, yeah. TIL there are lichens with psychoactive properties. The glowing green... Laughter.

Infact, there is a national ancient heritage sites -type of library available online of whole Finland, but there are no known sites on the spot i was on. The nearest known tombs are 2 km away.

The 'gravestones' in my opinion, were man-placed undoubtedly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join