It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About God and Revelations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cj6

I guess my biggest question is if it does happen then what was the point of creating is in the first place? First you create then you destroy but it's pointless and our lives mean nothing to this God.

God did not create you. Your mom and dad pro created you. It was their choice and not God's choice. The Creator doesn't go around creating guys and zapping them just for fun. He allows you to have a kid so that the kid can live forever. Sure there is a rule book. Rules are in all cultures so that people can get along but having a kid is your choice just like your mom and dad had the same choice. The whole purpose in human life is to live forever. If you don't want to believe that then that's on your own head. The Creator gave you the chance and you only get one chance to get it right.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Yehoshua is Joshua. Jesus in Hebrew is "Yeshua" . . .
Yehoshua is used in a couple places in the older books of the Old Testament for Joshua, then the shorter word, Yeshua is used for Joshua everywhere else in the Hebrew version of the Old Testament.

cj6

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

I appreciate everyone's input but this is way off topic. None of this has to do with Revelations which was my main concern. But in response my parents did not choose to create me, my father took off a month after I was born and my mother regrets that I was born in the first place. Anyways, Revelations! What does it all mean? All this information comes from the Bible or some other religious belief, is there any explanation that involves some other point of view? What is the PURPOSE of Revelations?

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So this comes back to what I told you on the first page.
Revelation is written for the benefit of a persecuted church, and the message is that their God has the power to overcome the persecuting world.
Everything that happens in the book is either
a) the persecution of the church, or
b) God's reaction to the persecution of the church
And the book ends with the removal of evil from the world.

And since Revelation is a religious book written for a religious purpose, why on earth would you expect it to have an interpretation which comes from "some other point of view"?
If you're not interested in information that comes from the Bible, then there is no reason why you should be concerning yourself with the meaning of Revelation.
They belong together.They are part of the same system.

edit on 11-1-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

. . . . if it's already been determined that we're all gonna be killed off in one way or another or taken to heaven if that's what you believe.
That is from the thread's OP.

Anyways, Revelations! What does it all mean?
That is from the post above.

It isn't the first thing that I quoted here.
It is more like what DISRAELI just posted, which is the eventual vindication of believers and the subjugation of the earth by the One who they believe in.

There was Nineteenth Century pandemonium over prophecies in Daniel being interpreted with the numbered days actually being years, and indicating an eminent appearance of Jesus, which then led to Revelation being reinterpreted to confirm the theory. Two hundred years later, people are still trying to get mileage from those old ideas that were really based on superficial or flawed knowledge of the Bible.
edit on 11-1-2015 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I appreciate everyone's input but this is way off topic. None of this has to do with Revelations which was my main concern. But in response my parents did not choose to create me, my father took off a month after I was born and my mother regrets that I was born in the first place. Anyways, Revelations! What does it all mean? All this information comes from the Bible or some other religious belief, is there any explanation that involves some other point of view? What is the PURPOSE of Revelations?

The purpose of the book of Revelation is to show that a future world does exist and is available to those who want to believe that an afterlife is possible. Revelation is closely linked to the book of Isaiah 65 and 66. The book of Isaiah covers much of what Revelation does not cover and Revelation covers much of what the Isaiah author does not cover. Put them together and one can get a much greater picture of prophecy of afterlife of Christ Jesus' doctrine.

As you die you are then judged and hopefully allowed into the New Jerusalem that both Revelation and Isaiah describes. The New Jerusalem is the key point in both authors. In this city of New Jerusalem is the food and water of everlasting life. The spirit that is allowed into New Jerusalem is given a celestial covering (body) and a new name. The spirit that is not allowed into New Jerusalem remains in this earth in the chambers of Sheol as a terrestrial naked spirit. (unclothed with out a new celestial body). Most bibles call this hell. This all depends upon what you want to believe. Different people get different meaning from Revelation but this is what I get from John's Revelation.

posted on Jan, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
But, who do YOU say that He is? I can virtually assure you, God could care a less if you called him Larry, Curly or Moe, if said with a humble and contrite heart, and it was generally understood to be his name by the majority.

I'm a herd animal, (a sheep). I follow the herd....who all follow The Shepherd.

I speak English. So, I use English words. It ain't rocket science.

a reply to: NOTurTypical

Hey I agree with that, Arabs call Him "Issa". God knows who we are calling on. When I was a chef the Hispanics called me by my name in Spanish, I knew who they were addressing. I mock people who try to teach that His exact Name must be used and vocalized or else you are calling on satan or whatever. That's basically witchcraft. That an exact phrase or word must be used to move the hand of a deity.

edit on 12-1-2015 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

That's a different point of view that I was looking for. It's refreshing to hear someone refer to Revelations as a theory.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join