It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About God and Revelations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: cj6

The problem many people find themselves in is that they believe we were created with sin. We were created for fellowship. The idea behind our creation was to be a friend to G-d, or Yahweh. But then Satan fell because of all his pride and anger towards humans. He then deceived man, and through man came sin, and through sin came death.

We were created to life with Yahweh, but through sin, we were removed from the presence of Yahweh. The destruction of man you speak of, is to remove those people who chose to leave Him. People will not be destroyed because Yahweh does not want them, but because they did not want Him.

The thing about the "All-loving" G-d is that it is in a way very incorrect. Modern christians have made Him a all-loving G-d.

He is both Love and Punishment, Grace and Mercy, Forgiveness and Right-ruling.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

I find it funny that you type G-D as if you are being extra holy for doing so, then you proceed to type out the ineffable name yahweh right in the same breathe.

The reason anyone writes G-D is because the jews thought that writing Yahweh was too holy so they replaced it with Adonai, which then became God in modern usage. Then it became too holy to even write God, so they write G-D.

Ok fine I get it sort of, even though Adonai, and God are not names, but a title like president, or ruler. But you are very confused or just don't really know why you're writing that the way you are, If anything you should be writing God or god and Y-H or something like that.

In the same way. Your theology is confused IMHO. Nobody will reject G-D
forever, its not possible. Your view of God is the dualistic god of this world. The one who is both good and evil. That is not the God of Jesus or his apostles.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

The one who is both good and evil. That is not the God of Jesus or his apostles.

Why do you have that view?

cj6

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Who is Yahweh??

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Yahweh, יהוה (Yod Heh Vav Heh), is the proper and Holy name of the Creator, the El (God) of Israel, the Name being revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH). Yahweh is a Personal and Divine Name.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Yahweh is the Old Testament God ie modern Jewish God ie Christian Satan

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Yahweh is the Old Testament God ie modern Jewish God ie Christian Satan

No, Christians don't believe the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob to be satan. We call Him "Father".

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

Yahweh, יהוה (Yod Heh Vav Heh), is the proper and Holy name of the Creator, the El (God) of Israel, the Name being revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH). Yahweh is a Personal and Divine Name.

That's incorrect.This is what was told Moses and recorded

(אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה, ehyeh ašer ehyeh...

literal translation is..I will be what I will be.

The scriptures wrote it as four letters it wasn't revealed as four letters.The Israelites and Jews eventually turned it into pagan mysticism and "revered" the name so much so that it was the death penalty to say it.A name simply means the nature and character of the thing or person named.

That means the creator God said my nature and character is "I will be what I will be".It is not a mystical magical incantation.There is no power(good or evil) in saying the name at all.The same applies to Yahoshua which means Yahweh is deliverance/salvation.That is his name....(nature and character) to do something "in" Yahoshua's name is to deliver.Tagging it on the end of a prayer like an incantation or invoking it is meaningless and is mystic paganism at best.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

I can assure you that there is Power in the Name Yahweh. Also in the name Yehoshua. Demons and devils are afraid of those Names, and Angels is servants to Yahweh. That is why there is Power in them.

"I am that which I am" is one of the meanings of Yahweh. So when Yahweh Rapha means "I am Healing", or Yahweh Shalom means "I am Peace".

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
An orthodox Jew would tell you the name of God cannot be spoken. No, not that they know the name, and aren't allowed to say it, but that there is simply no way to put into words, the essence of what we call "God".

Say..."Yaaah" on the inhale, say "wayyy", on the exhale. It's Breath. It's Life. It's not a word.

YaaaaahWayyyyy".... Yahweh ...Breath in and out.... You're coming close to saying His name. It's not a word.

Deep stuff. Go deeper.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

I know that Yahweh is not His entire Name. His entire Name is not humanly pronounceble. Yahweh is the only part of His Name that can be pronounced by us, and was given to us.
edit on 9-1-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
His name is Jesus Christ. Jesus called His Father, Abba. A word that translates, literally, as "dadda", "Daddy".

If my 6 year old was Aramaic, he'd call me Abba.

I call Him Abba sometimes, cuz it's how I feel around Him...like a little ignorant baby, crawling around on the floor at His feet. "Abba!"....."dadda!"...."daddy"

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
His name is Jesus Christ. Jesus called His Father, Abba. A word that translates, literally, as "dadda", "Daddy".

If my 6 year old was Aramaic, he'd call me Abba.

I call Him Abba sometimes, cuz it's how I feel around Him...like a little ignorant baby, crawling around on the floor at His feet. "Abba!"....."dadda!"...."daddy"

That doesn't mean the Father has no Name. That means Jesus was the first to address Him intimately like that. I call my father dad, doesn't mean his name isn't John.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Jesus' father was named Howard. "Howard be thy name" :-)

a reply to: NOTurTypical

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Actually His name is Yehoshua Ha-Messiah

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
His name is Jesus Christ. THAT'S the Holy Name to concentrate on. No one comes to The Father, Yehoshua Ha ha ha Messiah, Allah, Howard, The Great Spirit, Yahweh, except through Jesus. Period.

Jesus taught us to call him Abba,...Father. It's usually best to do what Jesus says, right?

edit on 10-1-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentOpinion

Actually His name is Yehoshua Ha-Messiah

Yehoshua is Joshua. Jesus in Hebrew is "Yeshua" And Messiah is wrong, in Hebrew it is Moshiyach.

Yeshua ha'Moshiyach ha'Nagid

"Jesus the Messiah the King"

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
His name is Jesus Christ. THAT'S the Holy Name to concentrate on. No one comes to The Father, Yehoshua Ha ha ha Messiah, Allah, Howard, The Great Spirit, Yahweh, except through Jesus. Period.

Jesus taught us to call him Abba,...Father. It's usually best to do what Jesus says, right?

There was no such thing as English in the 1st century. There was Hebrew (Yeshua) and Greek (Iesous). (ee-YAY-soos)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
But, who do YOU say that He is? I can virtually assure you, God could care a less if you called him Larry, Curly or Moe, if said with a humble and contrite heart, and it was generally understood to be his name by the majority.

I'm a herd animal, (a sheep). I follow the herd....who all follow The Shepherd.

I speak English. So, I use English words. It ain't rocket science.

a reply to: NOTurTypical

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

HA. I am with you on that, one or the other not both. God isn't confused by English, nor does even our modern minds trip HIM up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join