It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD invkokes "virtual work stoppage" to protest Mayor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Do your JOB. If you cannot do your JOB, we'll find someone else who will. I just hope they don't outsource. I get it, they are mad at the Mayor. You think he's losing sleep over it? You are putting people at risk. Do you even care about the people you swore to protect? I'm not asking you to like the evil but not everyone is. You man up or get the # out. Voice your displeasure with the Mayor elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Do your JOB. If you cannot do your JOB, we'll find someone else who will. I just hope they don't outsource. I get it, they are mad at the Mayor. You think he's losing sleep over it? You are putting people at risk. Do you even care about the people you swore to protect? I'm not asking you to like the evil but not everyone is. You man up or get the # out. Voice your displeasure with the Mayor elsewhere.

Some one who will be worse? What happened to those who bitched about others for not upholding "their" OATH? How many people in the military have been let go for not passing the resent litmus test of firing upon their own fellow citizens?

Perhaps it is a good thing that the NYPD is standing down from imprisoning those for petty crimes? I applaud them! Now if some of my military brothers/sisters would stand up and disobey unlawful orders, maybe we could put a stop to the globalist agenda to take over the sovereignty of the few countries that still have it?

Hell! How many bankers have been put in prison for MAJOR CRIMES?

Perhaps in you way of thinking many members of the government should be fired???? Which I must say I can't disagree?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I was in the military. I wouldn't look the other way. I wouldn't do it in my own #ing country. They need to express disdain in a different way. Americans are being hurt. Petty crime still hurts the poor. Hell, they used to hang people for stealing horses. Want to know why? Because they were stealing their livelihood. Get back on the job you cry baby #s.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

I was in the military. I wouldn't look the other way. I wouldn't do it in my own #ing country. They need to express disdain in a different way. Americans are being hurt. Petty crime still hurts the poor. Hell, they used to hang people for stealing horses. Want to know why? Because they were stealing their livelihood. Get back on the job you cry baby #s.

Many do though! You can't deny a man/woman need to provide for their family! Something that is easily lost in some of these "self righteous" discussions!

Let's face it, freedom has already been lost when to survive as a human being you need to make "fiat currency" to be able to eat and have a semblance of a roof over your head?

Not to mention all of the local ordinances that must be obeyed and paid for?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Everyone has a price or so they say. That's probably why we're in the mess now. I can't see us evolving while these problems exist. That is the truly sad part in all of this. Watching the world plunge into a cesspool of # and not being able to anything about it. I should just turn off the television. Let the world burn and hope I don't have to dig a bunker anytime soon. Everything will work itself out eventually. They have been trying to squash the human spirit forever. We're still here!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Sounds like a union protesting peaceful in the only way they can, so whats the problem?

Maybe they should just stop patrolling the neighborhoods that don't want to have them around. That should stop any confrontations and both sides win. Arrests will go down as well and according to the above posts that can only be a good thing.

As someone who is a retired union worker/representative, I felt compelled to respond to your post.

As far as the NYPD's decision to avoid making arrest for minor infractions, I applaud them and welcome the decision. After all, it was this very thing that ultimately lead to the chocking death of Eric Garner in the first place.

On the other hand, if they're only doing it to protest their displeasure with the Mayor, I view them as despicable and worthy of contempt. Furthermore, it's mentality and actions like these that can give unions a bad name.

When I say "actions like these," I mean the refusal to take responsibility for ones "own" actions and instead, immediately attempt to place the blame on others.

The killings of Officers Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos were not caused by the Mayor's public comments regarding the ongoing protests in NYC over the Eric Garner incident and the suggestion by the NYPD that they were, is just plain ludicrous. IMO, the mere fact that they, (the NYPD) have even suggested it just goes to show how far out of touch they are with reality.

If anything, it was their own policies and the use of police brutality to carry them out, that triggered both the protest and the killing of the two police officers and their inability to accept and address that truth is downright scary. Especially when you consider the range and scope of authority this particular police union has over so many people.

The NYPD is accomplishing nothing other than painting themselves in a bad light and I assure you, it will soon come back to bite them right in the ass.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

This incidence goes to show that the police have and do selectively enforce the laws.

So, for those who keep saying "don't blame the police, they are only following orders", I say BS. This is proof that they can and could change the laws if they really wanted to.

So, YES.....I blame the police just as much as the law makers.

Imagine what slavery would have become had the police not "followed orders"...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join