It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia police chief calls 911 to report he accidentally shot his wife — twice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Hijinx

Innocent until proven guilty.

This popular figure of speech doesn't apply in this case.

Innocent until proven guilty is why we have arrests & trials...

You're only guilty when the judge or jury decide so...

Everyone is innocent up until that point... Whether they've been arrested & charged or not.

overall that is not true
reasonable suspicion=guilt
ask any dps officer

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How does a Chief "accidentally" shoot his own wife...twice??

Aren't LEO's well versed and trained in using firearms?

My hubby's not a LEO and I feel that he would never accidentally shoot me once, let alone twice, like ever. Same goes for me. He keeps his gear secure and unloaded when not in use.

Idk, maybe this LEO just doesn't have the same respect for firearms since he's around his ALL the time. What I am sure of is if my hubby shot me he'd be arrested and in jail during the investigation.

Must be another one of those fringe benefits our friends in blue enjoy that we mere civilians aren't privy to.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Hows the saying go?

Once is an accident, twice is intentional and three times, a conspiracy.

.......LE Officer I accidently shot my Wife twice send an ambulance.

Transalation I messed up meant to kill her with one fatal shot didn't go to plan .Tried again an failed again thought three times might be a bit obvious,,,Doh!
Neighbours heard the shots so got to call It In but theres no rush.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

How does a Chief "accidentally" shoot his own wife...twice??

From what I've gathered so far the answer is 'He shot her according to department policy on accidental use of force'. I know, sounds crazy dunnit?

BTW, only one shot they're saying now.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie
Im bad if it was just the one shot it could have been an accident .
Even 2 at a stretch if mistaken ID could be an accident,

Lets hope this Lady makes a full recovery an exonerates her Husband if it wasa genuine accident.
Or have him incarcerated if it was attempted Murder

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Hows the saying go?

Once is an accident, twice is intentional and three times, a conspiracy.

Once is happenstance, twice coincidence, but three times is enemy action ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Guess she didn't go down fast enough with the first shot......

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Arn't Americans famous for their *Double tap* ? could of been an accident. I don't think law enforcement are known for just firing one round. Expecially the military. I believe double tap is one of their most used techiques?

edit on 1-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Dont tell me!
a Bolt action rifle?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
911 call - Quite disturbing.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
They are now saying she was only shot once.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
They are now saying she was only shot once.

So far.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I'm thinking perhaps the round went through her back and exited her side and that was why he said on the phone she was shot twice.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I'm thinking perhaps the round went through her back and exited her side and that was why he said on the phone she was shot twice.

It's sort of odd not knowing how many times you fired. I can see not immediately knowing how many times you hit.

Worse, how do you set a Glock down on a table and have it "just go off"? Twice, maybe?

eta: I was making a comment more on the line that if he didn't get the job done the first time, maybe her accidents haven't ended quite yet.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Yeah...I thought this was nuts. I live in the metro and local news reported that the chief has been at his wife's side.

I was like WTH? Not in jail pending...?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think that it's possible that instead of mincing words he was just agreeing she was shot twice because she essentially had two gunshot wounds, or he was so startled he wasn't sure and just figured because he saw two holes. He sounds calm but intentional or not he was probably freaking out.

It would be pretty weird to have a Glock go off, but I've seen negligent discharges with them before when someone thinks there isn't a round in the chamber. It's weird, but I think it's possible, stranger things have happened.

Chief of police would most likely have way better ways to murder his wife if he wanted to.

Really nothing surprises me all that much.

Just like throwing out possibilities.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just listened to the 911 call again. W.T.F??? He said they were asleep. The gun was in the bed. He went to move it and it 'went off'. The gun was in the bed. Did I mention that he said the gun was in the bed? Who does this?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Yeah...I thought this was nuts. I live in the metro and local news reported that the chief has been at his wife's side.

I was like WTH? Not in jail pending...?

This is troubling. If his wife dies with him at her side; won't this bring up other questions?
Apparently a Chief can do what ever he wants even though their is a pending investigation. WTH indeed!

Also there was something odd about that 911 call!! No words of reassurance to the wife from the chief as she lay there moaning in pain.
edit on 2-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Did I mention that he said the gun was in the bed? Who does this?

Maybe the guy's got a sidearm fetish.

Rule 34, baby, rule 34.

sidenote: I know a couple of guys who used to do this AFTER they ETSd, at least for a while. And I knew a guy who had once worked for a TLA who did, but he was really different. And one night ol' Hobbley whupped out his sidearm whilst having a bad dream and let fly at the walls of the apartment. Had to move after that.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Perhaps he was carrying it, put it on the bed to change or something and then went to move it. But yeah, dumb dumb dumb.

Obviously not following good gun safety. Glocks don't go bang unless the operator screws up.

I will be irritated if he doesn't get charged with some form of negligence. I think this will really hinge on what the wife has to say, and I hope she pulls through.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join