It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God is Real Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: nenothtu

God makes sons and daughters of whom It will, but that power is most emphatically NOT resident within the individual.

Yes it is. Simply, prayer. But not like you are taught in church.

Not possible. if that were the case, if I were to be able to order God what to do, then my worshipping It would be bass ackwards - It would have to be worshipping ME, as I would be the more powerful one.

The created cannot twist the arm of the creator to force it to bend to the will of the created.

I agree. Its not about will its about waiting, listening, learning. When you go to school do you talk over the teacher or listen and learn? When you pray properly school is in session. Most people don't have that kind of patience. It is a practice.

Be still and know.

I am not a Gnostic - I believe that heresy was dealt with long ago.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I've seen demons. I've battled with my demons, as they appear to me, one by one, and I have won!

Some times, "winning" is a mere perception, only in the eye of the beholder. Be that as it may, I'm glad you have a perception of a "win".

When you embrace your scariest demon and welcome it with open arms, acceptance and love, it transforms into a beautiful creature and devoted lifetime friend!

Of that I have not doubt, no doubt at all. Perhaps the difference between you and I is that I have no desire to have a demon for a friend.

"Beauty" is also in the eye of the beholder - I read that somewhere. it, too, is a mere perception.

edit on 2015/1/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I agree to some extent. I see it more like this, we sign up for a class on a subject that we would like to learn more about, or a take on some challenge we would like to meet. The lesson plan, the pop-quizes, and essay questions are pre-determined, but not necessarily by us.

I have a nagging memory, that I already know the answer to something very important, but I can't remember what the question was .

STOP THAT!

You know how much it takes out of me to be forced to star one of your posts!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I have no desire to have a demon for a friend

To be fair, you ignored my "perception" of what a demon is.

You know what I found out about "demons"? They're the images of your own self hatred, guilt and neglect that prevent you from being happy and attaining the spiritual goals you set forth when you entered this life. They're defeated with love. When you embrace your scariest demon and welcome it with open arms, acceptance and love, it transforms into a beautiful creature and devoted lifetime friend!

I don't believe in scary monsters that no one else can see, unless they're of my own making. Do you?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Its an androgynous being, and when you hear HIS voice it is more masculine sounding, although there is no sex attached... it does seem more respectful than saying "it" anyway.

It already knows I'm an iconoclast, and don't have much respect in me, and I guess must be making allowances for that, since I've not yet been stricken by lightning.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure I have a spanking coming...

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

To each his own. That one I cannot do. Jesus said "Father", so I say He, God, or Father.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
The creator most certainly is real.

back when I was a teenager I had someone come to me physically (appeared right in my living/dining room)
that was a divine being,
and left me with no doubt God is real,
cares and pays attention to what we do.
He never left a name, but he sure did look like the classical picture of Jesus,
and there was NO DOUBT in my soul that this was a divine being.

You raise a very interesting point here. I don't know how many of these encounter stories I've heard, but in the VAST majority of them, the Being never gives itself a name - although an identity for it is often presumed by the experiencer, usually based upon their own background. That pattern is so prevalent that I am suspect of the stories in which the reporter claims that the being identified itself - as "Jesus" or "The Imam" or "The Buddha" or "Krishna" or what have you.

I'm convinced that it is always the same being, and it only allows the experiencer to assume what they will as to it's identity, whatever they are the most comfortable with.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

The whole he him his thing follows the Abrahamic man is Lord over woman thing which keeps women as chattel and denies us our equal power . Think for a moment if I kept saying her and she in regards to God. You know some level in you would be perturbed by it.

'Tis more the pity that a deity wouldn't feel more of a need to got on board with the current PC feminism fad among humans, isn't it?

There might be something about that which bears exploration.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Much like I have taken a turn against the publicized US foreign policies, you have taken a turn against the publicized actions of the Muslim movement. I am so sorry about what the Muslim Americans have had to endure over the last 13 years....it is getting more contentious on a daily basis.

To be fair, she hadn't turned against the "publicized actions of the Muslim movement", but rather the actions of the Islamist movement. She had made that turn, if it ever was a turn, long before - way back when she was still a Muslim. She's been against the Islamists (i.e. the "Jihadists" and the "Muslim Brotherhood", etc) since long before I knew her.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

As for having been healed of your pain - these are things that happen to us naturally when we let go of a burden.

I have many years of experience with 'stress-induced pain'. Doctors couldn't figure it out. It caused me to double over while walking, and have to lie down/take a hot bath to stop it.

Some pain is induced by our psychological state, and when we make a necessary adjustment (based on nagging but unconcious issues) it can stop the pain.

Nah, it wasn't "stress induced pain". it was diagnosed as "RSD", due to nerve damage from a botched surgery. She was going to have to be on nerve-blockers to alleviate pain generated in a damaged nerve (damaged in the surgery) for the rest of her life, and already had been on them for 15 years or so. She got downright non-functional if she skipped even one dose, and some times even if she didn't. I've seen her on days when she couldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom on her own, and had to help her every agonizing step of the way.

At one point she was told that she would never be able to walk again, and even after she WAS walking again, was warned that she might lose that ability at any instant.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I would believe what has happened here had I not seen it with my own eyes.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

a reply to: old_god

I know Islam. I also know God. I also disagree with all you have said but one thing.. it is your freewill choice. If yours makes you happy, then you have made your choice in full knowledge.

That's pretty harsh.

I read through his whole post and found little to disagree with, even from a Christian perspective. This, in particular, I couldn't agree with more:

originally posted by: old_god

We should focus on the light that resides within us and spend our energy making ourselves people who bring light to others by being kind to ourselves and those around us...then you don't need to shout about your god, people will see the nature of your god through your divine actions.

edit on 2015/1/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

What I had was induced from damage to nerves during my second back surgery. Some doctors call it RSD, Some call it CRPS.. in time they changed around what they called it as they found more out about the disease.

Specifically what I had was:

CRPS TYPE II involves damage to a major nerve. It used to be called Causalgia. CRPS Type II also involves a clearly defined nerve injury. This is not always true of Type I where the source of the injury is not always known.

My injury was known (failed back surgery), but when I was first diagnosed the doctor was old school and called it RSD. New school doctors call it CRPS type 2.

www.rsdhope.org...

If people want to know more about the disease I had, they can look around this website here:

www.rsdhope.org...

^^^ Very good site.

And Nenothtu yes, it is so wonderful not to have that anymore. How many times did you have to take me to the bathroom or pick me up and put me to bed because I couldn't take another step? So many times..

I will love you always for caring for me so much! I never did know why you put up with all that, never knew what you saw in a crippled woman!

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: masterp

Say what?

I went through 3 levels of Calculus at university, and of course all the math leading up to that, and I'm stating flat out that your "calculations" ARE "gobbledygook".

Not a single math class I ever went to was theological in nature, nor did any of it bear on divinity. Therefore, parts of your "equations" are assumed, and the assumptions are flawed, making the "calculations" invalid.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I had a moment of feeling harshness toward Islam, not toward him. Don't know why. Let's just assume I need away from Islam for a while.
edit on 5-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

To be fair, you ignored my "perception" of what a demon is.

Well, not exactly, but probably close enough. It seems that you believe that demons are facets of our own selves, which, interestingly enough, is not too far out of line with what some Christians believe in the matter. Either way, internal or external, I still have no desire to be friends with a "demon".

I don't believe in scary monsters that no one else can see, unless they're of my own making. Do you?

Absolutely I do. Of course, I may have had different experiences of the matter than you've had, so that's not to be unexpected, that we would differ in our opinions of the nature of them. I might take issue with the characterization of "that no one else can see", because that presupposes that they can't be seen by anyone else, or that they CAN be seen by me. There are any number of invisible things (i.e. "unseen and unseeable") that may kill one dead, so they are real enough for me. I can't see an HIV virus, but I don't want to eat a big bowl of them either, just to prove they don't exist. I can't see a bear in the dark, but that inability on my part won't keep it from mauling me.

So you believe you have the power to create spirits?

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
At least we know the virgin mary is real
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-1-2015 by animal12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I had a moment of feeling harshness toward Islam, not toward him. Don't know why. Let's just assume I need away from Islam for a while.

Oh, I understand - recent converts AWAY from any given religion, Christianity included, are often the harshest and most critical towards it, since they often feel that the "conversion" was necessary because the original religion somehow "let them down". Some can get downright rabid against it - I know I did.

It's not something to dwell upon, just something to guard against.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: animal12
At least we know the virgin mary is real

Well that certainly was random, wasn't it?

When I went to reply to the post, I saw a bunch of code there that was apparently to a YouTube video that might have explained it, but I couldn't figure out how to fix the code to make it appear. let me try, just once:

Well! It worked! I don't know if that's The Virgin Mary or not, because I can't see a name tag (Hello! My Name Is: 'Virgin Mary' "), but it sure looks like a pair of wolf eyes looking at whatever it is from the background! I think I can see the barest glint of light from it's nose, too... and is that a scary alien or something in the lower right corner? The "emboss" sure makes it look like one!

edit on 2015/1/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

There are any number of invisible things (i.e. "unseen and unseeable") that may kill one dead, so they are real enough for me. I can't see an HIV virus, but I don't want to eat a big bowl of them either, just to prove they don't exist. I can't see a bear in the dark, but that inability on my part won't keep it from mauling me.

Those things CAN be seen. Bears and viruses have bodies. They're real. Demons are not.

"Demons" exist in the "spiritual" realm, and, in your own words, can't be 2 places at once. Hate is an emotion. It can't hurt you. How you use it though, can be a weapon, even against yourself. Have you ever felt the recoil of your own hate? That is the spirit of Hate that YOU created.

Whatever it is that haunts us, the ONLY way to truly defeat it is to accept it for what it is, embrace it, and love it. "Love tames the beast."

So you believe you have the power to create spirits?

You betcha!

edit on 5-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

yes I know.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join