It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God is Real Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You can hear whatever you want, in fact if you actually dive super deep you will discover nothing is what you think it is.

But that is what the religions are there for, to make sure you think you have found a place, a stopping point, and to falsely attribute some of your awakening to the anthems they speak of.

I tell you , it is even millions of times MORE great once you break free of that which you have now achieved, I hope you have the ability to realize that you do not actually know what mechanism is at play , why it is at play, and they are not going to tell you.

Revel in your joy, but ask yourself this, and try to remember it, REVEAL YOURSELF. TOO YOURSELF.

IF YOU DARE.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

I was talking about beliefs in religion. The supernatural as you put it is a different thing all together. I went from Christian to agnostic atheist and yet I have experienced 3, 4 and 5 on your list and then some. I got in touch with my true self. I found out that I am empathetic. I started meditating and got rid of a lot of garage in my mind and those things started to happen. To tell you the truth my only explanation for it is I became more aware of my emotions and body pain around people. I use to think it was emotions changing radically for lots of years until I found out I was picking it up from other people. No one knows for sure if god does or doesn't exist all I know is it is not the god of the bible or Quran and op proves this. All I am saying is be true to yourself and things will change.

my experiences
I knew my wife was pregnant before she did
I knew I was going to have a girl and I did
experienced pain from wife,relatives and friends from miles away and have confirmed this by phoning them
seen words on friends faces about what is troubling them
described a new friends room and drew it on piece of paper before I went over I was spot on.
described a friend's recently dead mother to her whom I have never met

I contribute those things to people putting it out there emotionally and you just have to tune into it. My religion thought all those things are of the devil and satanic and I would go to hell. We all have the ability to do these things we just have to get rid of what holds us back and practice.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: celticdog

SOME Christian churches do not believe in a spiritual realm. I grew up in a church that does. You must have been in a mainline denomination.

So you left all of Christianity because you were in a church that didn't teach you that there is a spiritual realm? That's very sad, but it is true. Not all Christians know or understand. If you had told me those things when you were a Christian, I would have believed you.

True story here, I once had roommates that went to a very large non-denominational church one morning. None of these roommates ever went to church before, they had been invited by another friend. They came home to tell me that in the church service that morning they had started speaking in tongues. Now I am a very practical Pentecostal, so it raised red flags with me and I asked them questions. They indicated that none of them had made a confession of faith, that none of them were born again and that none of them had any explanation of what happened, only that they started doing it as well. See, that's a huge red flag.

So I decided to go to that church to confront whoever it was that led these girls to thinking that is how it works. When I arrived there, I asked for the pastor and he was not available. But lo and behold, that church was holding a conference on spiritual warfare. So they took me to see the people leading the conference. I am kind of combative like that, it doesn't matter to me who the pastor is and I one time jumped on a priest for not coming to the home of his elderly parishioner who was crying every day because she wanted her house blessed. I told off that priest for neglecting his duty, and I am not even Catholic, but I was defending this elderly lady who was Catholic.

Well, as they took me to this group of people, they started interrogating me about being Pentecostal, they didn't believe me and then at the end of the interrogation I said "Oh, you are one of THOSE Pentecostals" and then they replied to me "Oh, you are one of THOSE old type Pentecostals". Yes, I am one of those old school ones and they didn't like it. Not only that, they were telling me things from Wikipedia demonology, something that is current pop culture.

I was interrogated for an hour by these people and then when I was leaving, I said to them "Well,the pastor of this church just let two young women go through an entire service where they thought they were speaking in tongues and not one single person explained to these young women the necessity of being born again, and that is not how it works." Then I told them that the church is going to fail because they were embracing something without needing Jesus.

I don't care if it is a Catholic priest or a quasi-Pentecostal, I will let them know when they are wrong. I'm on the side of Christianity that knows and understands the spiritual realm.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What part of anything you wrote is in agreement with anything that I wrote? If it's there I completely missed it. a reply to: windword

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Its an androgynous being, and when you hear HIS voice it is more masculine sounding, although there is no sex attached... it does seem more respectful than saying "it" anyway.

If you're really hearing voices you have an illness requiring medication.
What is wrong with it? When we talk about gravity is it more respectful to say him than it? What about electricity? These are forces in the universe which do not have a sex so there is no disrespect in saying IT.
The whole he him his thing follows the Abrahamic man is Lord over woman thing which keeps women as chattel and denies us our equal power . Think for a moment if I kept saying her and she in regards to God. You know some level in you would be perturbed by it.

edit on 132015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well, you said that we completely plan our lives ahead of time. I suggest that that's true, however we're choosing "classes" in which to LEARN from. I believe in a spiritual hierarchy, not god, that serves as a sort of "college". A student enters college with a plan to come out with a certain degree of attained knowledge, but doesn't yet know what he/she doesn't know.

But, there's a nagging feeling that "I know" I'll ace the final exam.

edit on 3-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Me, too!!! Let's go have coffee before the test!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes dear - you think I need mental help. If it was only me I might say sure, but its not. As I stated on the first page, Its thousands of Muslims having the exact same types of experience, thousands and thousands just like me. if not quite a lot more than that. So no.. Its really not my mental state having a difficulty that I believe all this, or that I hear it. They are all hearing it too.

I'm sure you think suddenly being healed of a condition requiring 15 years of surgeries, doctors and medical treatment is part of the "mental" condition as well. Since God knows, I heard that too. Its just that, its more a physical proof, since I really am not in pain anymore.
edit on 3-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: windword

Me, too!!! Let's go have coffee before the test!

Yes! We must do that. It's a date!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hiya.

It is pertinent to your circumstances to think about the last couple of years. To recognize the strife that has swallowed the Middle East, and the atrocities performed by the Fundamentalist Fanatics even as we type.
You weren't oblivious to those goings-on.

Much like I have taken a turn against the publicized US foreign policies, you have taken a turn against the publicized actions of the Muslim movement. I am so sorry about what the Muslim Americans have had to endure over the last 13 years....it is getting more contentious on a daily basis.

I have experienced a moment of 'enlightment' much like you describe. It was during my exploration and practice of Buddhist traditions. That moment, when I felt the awe of the universe envelope me with warm, gentle arms, I was in bliss.

Those moments are few and far between - but I salute you in your ongoing journey.

edit on 1/3/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: typo

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

As long as I have been Muslim there have been extremists. I have stood against extremism every single day of that too.

But that has NOT ONE thing to do with why Jesus suddenly started appearing in my dreams, or why the Holy Spirit began speaking to me. Not one thing. It is not why I was suddenly healed of the disease I have had since 2000, nor am I simply insane.

But call me what you will.. this isn't about me, its about HIM. HE is real.. you can write it off a million different ways if you like.. but HE is real. No amount of writing any of this off is going to change that fact.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It is not why I was suddenly healed of the disease I have had since 2000, nor am I simply insane.

But call me what you will.. this isn't about me, its about HIM. HE is real.. you can write it off a million different ways if you like.. but HE is real. No amount of writing any of this off is going to change that fact.

*gasps*. Dear, I am not writing you off as insane! As for having been healed of your pain - these are things that happen to us naturally when we let go of a burden.

I have many years of experience with 'stress-induced pain'. Doctors couldn't figure it out. It caused me to double over while walking, and have to lie down/take a hot bath to stop it.

Some pain is induced by our psychological state, and when we make a necessary adjustment (based on nagging but unconcious issues) it can stop the pain. I don't mean to offend you. I'm very happy that you are BETTER!

Sorry if I've offended.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
God is Real because I woke up before this dude who had taken up residency in my house uninvited (he overstayed his offered one day stay as a guest, by two weeks) before he was able to get out the door unobserved with whatever of my property that he felt like taking.

He had a sudden diarrhea attack that was rather delayed, from a milk shake he had drank the day before, and his battery on his phone went dead enough that he couldn't call a cab, which would have increased his carrying capacity beyond just his pockets.

He did manage to carry off something the day before while I was out, but something that I wouldn't have noticed until he was finally gone.

Anyway, I do not think that these things are random, and that God actually intervenes to frustrate bad people from causing as much harm as they would otherwise.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

My church knew about the spirit realm just that a lot of stuff was evil about it. My Dad was taught that playing cards were the devils cards. Yet my grandmother read tea leaves which I didn't know until after she was dead. My Dad is scared to meditate and has said that I will get in touch with the devil.

I experienced the hypocrisy of religion first hand at a very young age but it wasn't until 14 years ago I had an existential crisis. This is when all the empathic stuff started to happen. Did I really and truly believe in bible and after lots of reading over the years I came to the conclusion no I don't.

I am more spiritual now than I every was or could have been in the religion. I guess you could say I am a spiritual atheist which probably sounds funny to you.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The "public" revelation of God to His Church, in our modern time, comes through Sacred Scripture and our Traditions. This is the "deposit of faith" that Christians take as their norms, customs and beliefs. (see 2Tm 1:13,14)

However, Gideon, and many other biblical folks acted upon "private" revelations, often in dreams and visions. It happens. These are not directly entered into the deposit of faith though as not all private revelation comes from God, and other Christians are cautioned to take such revelations with keen discernment. We expect no new "public" revelation until Christ returns.

We must firmly reject ANY private revelation that offers "a different Gospel" (Gal 1:6-9), that claims to correct or ad to the deposit of faith. These are very serious, strong words. I don't get too far into many "revelations" I hear or read, before tuning it out.

The testimony of OpinionatedB blew me away. I was astonished. OpinionatedB would have to spend countless hours of bible study, semesters of course study, even advanced Catholic philosophy and theology to fire off what she said, and in the manner which she described it. I poured over it for scriptural discrepancy and found none. I won't mention names, but there's some very knowledgable, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ here, and I think they agree with me.

My Spirit is telling me this a true "private" revelation from God. I was blessed to have come across your witness testimony. The conversion of so many Muslims through a personal encounter with Jesus, just, it...well, I can't describe it. I can't stop thinking about it. Praise The Lord!

I'm cloaked, yoked and stoked. Thank you. Thank you Jesus.

JMJ, AMDG

edit on 3-1-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Jesus is Lord.

People that love him, love all people.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
The "public" revelation of God to His Church, in our modern time, comes through Sacred Scripture and our Traditions. This is the "deposit of faith" that Christians take as their norms, customs and beliefs. (see 2Tm 1:13,14)

However, Gideon, and many other biblical folks acted upon "private" revelations, often in dreams and visions. It happens. These are not directly entered into the deposit of faith though as not all private revelation comes from God, and other Christians are cautioned to take such revelations with keen discernment. We expect no new "public" revelation until Christ returns.

We must firmly reject ANY private revelation that offers "a different Gospel" (Gal 1:6-9), that claims to correct or ad to the deposit of faith. These are very serious, strong words. I don't get too far into many "revelations" I hear or read, before tuning it out.

The testimony of OpinionatedB blew me away. I was astonished. OpinionatedB would have to spend countless hours of bible study, semesters of course study, even advanced Catholic philosophy and theology to fire off what she said, and in the manner which she described it. I poured over it for scriptural discrepancy and found none. I won't mention names, but there's some very knowledgable, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ here, and I think they agree with me.

My Spirit is telling me this a true "private" revelation from God. I was blessed to have come across your witness testimony. The conversion of so many Muslims through a personal encounter with Jesus, just, it...well, I can't describe it. I can't stop thinking about it. Praise The Lord!

I'm cloaked, yoked and stoked. Thank you. Thank you Jesus.

JMJ, AMDG

OpinionatedB is very advanced in her understanding. I agree wholeheartedly.

I know that no Muslim just one day says they have been saved, that is why it is real.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

HE just wants you to know HE is alive and not dead.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Choice is a great thing my friend and you have every entitlement to make yours and express it.

I was agnostic for a long time and then after a journey I came to Islam, specifically the more esoteric sufi order and their pursuit of knowledge and spiritual development.

God is one and the same, free of his creation and above what he has created, he doesn't need us, we need him - that makes god unique and unlike us no matter how much we try to impart our imperfections on what we assume god to be.

The Quran spoke to me through logic and it challenges the person to study and ask questions first because it is not a religion of compulsion and I believe the major religions of the 3 books are the same i.e. they want the individual to grow by asking questions and obtaining answers.

We do this by being better humans, upholding the best of manners and being kind to everyone regardless because love manifests in many different ways from the simple act of kindness to ones own soul through to reaching out to someone that everyone else seems to have abandoned.

Religion should be a platform from which we express our divine right...we have lost that concept.

A verse I read yesterday in the Quran, the second Surah:

"62. Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve"

I believe this to be a promise to all those who believe in a monotheistic god, who uphold the virtues of being human by being good moral people who live a balanced life.

We as Muslims believe in Jesus and he is titled as the Spirit of God in the Quran as well as The Son of Mary - many scholars agree these are some of the greatest titles given by god to Jesus.

Religion is not meant to confuse people but equally it should not ask for conditions from the person such as having blind faith before having belief - one should develop faith through the act of gaining knowledge by learning, experiencing and acting on the those concepts that we claim to believe in like being kind to one another, showing humility and holding no enmity towards others.

It is us humans that are weak and through our weakness we have corrupted divinely sent guidance from the very first words spoken directly by god to men to the knowledge embodied in righteous men who walked this earth from Prophets, Saints and those who have held a deep connection to the universe and it's creator.

I am satisfied with god and the religion he sent to the nation of men through his final messenger Muhammad (Peace be Upon all of the Prophets) - They are brothers to each other, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad...

We should focus on the light that resides within us and spend our energy making ourselves people who bring light to others by being kind to ourselves and those around us...then you don't need to shout about your god, people will see the nature of your god through your divine actions.

Peace to you and everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: old_god

I know Islam. I also know God. I also disagree with all you have said but one thing.. it is your freewill choice. If yours makes you happy, then you have made your choice in full knowledge.

Someday, I may call for a debate against the Muslims. Not today though.. another thread, another time. Have a good night. Thank you for reading my testimony.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join