It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God is Real Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Everyone on this site knows me from back a couple/few years now. I am OpinionatedB. A Muslim when I came on this website. Everyone knows that too.. sahabi and flyers fan and everyone else here knows this well.

I was the lady in the burkha that some people teased was going to get a bikini painted on said burkha (by the loving members of this site) for the fund raising bikini car wash during the Regent Elections on this site, if anyone can remember those elections and that far back. (those were some fun memories)

I have debated most of you concerning Islam, I in support of Muslims.

I stand before you today, a Christian. Jesus came to me you see, and called me HIS people. HE also told me the Bible is the Word of God and taught me now many things concerning how to understand biblical concepts. All I know today, is really because of HIM.

When HE said I am HIS people, I felt loved, When HE said the Bible is the true Word of God, I believed. And not just a questionable belief either, not even a shadow of doubt exists in my mind that it is from God HIMSELF. Which is weird, because I cannot really explain why.. it is just as much a part of me now as breathing to believe this.

Do I think this is literal in every aspect? No.. some is literal and some is allegorical. It is a mixture of both, but still all from HIM who created the heavens and earth.

Biblical knowledge is coming in like a flood, and cannot be explained.

Are there some people in this world who use religion for evil, or are evil? Yes. And then you have people like myself.. who are flooded with feelings of love and kindness for everyone that they have never before felt for others.

God tells me, HIM first before all things, A life of moderation, Love your neighbor as yourself. This is a beautiful thing. Not an evil thing.. can we somehow make this become evil? Yes.. when we stop following those commandments we sure can.

Have I had a psychotic break of some kind? Well, I am sure you would like to write it all off as such, but then, you would have to explain why thousands of people from all over the world are having the exact same experience as me... thousands.. not a handful... thousands.

One man he says Jesus came to him and touched his forehead and touched his chest over his heart and said "Follow me, your my people" and in that very second the man was no longer a Muslim but a Christian!

There is no explaining it, other than to say it is happening. If I was alone, it could be questioned, but I am not alone!

Just look around youtube.. thousands of these can be posted!

This is not some kind of evil taking over us all. Because HE teaches us only Love God first above all things, a life of moderation, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we suddenly feel all this love, peace, joy and happiness that we have never before felt!

Discount it all your like, but it is happening. And it should give everyone some measure of pause before saying we are simply evil for being Christian.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.

I do not see the road ahead of me.

I cannot know for certain where it will end.

Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.

But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.

And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.

I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.

And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it.

Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.

--Thomas Merton

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I agree God is real but I don't agree that any religion has any idea of what God is or wants.
No man ever has and If they tell you they know they are liars.
I have worked in mental health and have seen people break down into religion because something in their life is missing or broken....
Good for you with the love and all that but you don't need religion to do any of that.
Funny how all the Abraham religions refer God as HE....to me that tells you about the time the God was invented, before that people thought God was a woman....but we couldn't have that could we? empowering females? Oh we better make sure they call our made up version of God a male and lets make sure everyone calls him lord and everyone is his flock.
Pure control for the masses.
Find God yourself not in books.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: backcase

That is a beautiful prayer! Thank you!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
Everyone on this site knows me from back a couple/few years now. I am OpinionatedB. A Muslim when I came on this website. Everyone knows that too.. sahabi and flyers fan and everyone else here knows this well.

Yes, I can confirm that. You absolutely were a devout Muslim who believed Muhammads stories that he claimed Jesus didn't die on the cross and rise on the third day. Recently, overnight, that all changed. You have met Jesus. I'm happy for you.

My question for you ... do you remember the date of your first vision (dream) that God gifted you with for this conversion and infilling of the Holy Spirit? I'm just wondering ...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I did find HIM. Although it was more like HE found me, HE came to me - and called me HIS people. So, I did indeed find God, and I saw HIM. Not in a book, but alive.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh my. I don't think anyone is evil simply for "being Christian". I remember having similar feelings many many years ago, when I became a Xtian. And an overwhelming rush in the depths of my being when I got free of it. It's how we are wired. When we have a major paradigm shift in our life, it affects us mentally, emotionally, and dare I say, spiritually. It doesn't mean it's right for everyone else, but maybe it's right for us as individuals at the time.

edit on 1/1/2015 by Klassified because: christian not xtian in quote

edit on 1/1/2015 by Klassified because: Reword

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Welcome.

Congratulations on finding truth in a very difficult world.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Yes, I can confirm that. You absolutely were a devout Muslim who believed Muhammads stories that he claimed Jesus didn't die on the cross and rise on the third day. Recently, overnight, that all changed. You have met Jesus. I'm happy for you.

My question for you ... do you remember the date of your first vision (dream) that God gifted you with for this conversion and infilling of the Holy Spirit? I'm just wondering ...

I remember too, I always argued and debated with OpinionateB, but I hope OpinionatedB knows that I never thought the worst of her. Really though, I always thought OpinionatedB was a man, I don't know why.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Funny how all the Abraham religions refer God as HE...

God is pure spirit so He is neither male nor female. The pronoun 'He' is more polite than saying 'it'. And Jesus said to call God Father (- as in head of the family.) so 'He' fits with that command.

boymonkey ... I had a close encounter with God the Father once. He spoke in my soul. His voice wasn't like yours or mine, it was totally spiritual and without word. BUT ... it was masculine and it was huge ... big ... it was in my soul and yet it filled the sky like thunder.

I do agree with you that human understanding of God is very poor and that none of us really know Him. He isn't Who we are told He is. He is so much more. We won't understand until we are dead.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

hahaha

because I come across as such in debate I think. Nenothtu thought the same of me at first. I think everyone did.

As far as the no hard feelings.. lol. They were great conversations all and I have nothing against anyone for having them with me!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes, the voice I heard seems masculine too, the once where I could say check, that was really God's voice. Rocked the very core of me for hours and hours.. Neno had to hold me for a long time for me to stop shaking.

But your right in that God is neither male nor female. Understanding will be had fully in heaven for now, we must go with the understanding we can comprehend.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I myself am Cristian but Ive been baptized beside my son only six years ago always struggling with God and faith.
But losing so many family members in a short window of time and having this supernatural experience that me leaving my body twelve years ago in my deepest and darkest moment in my life really crying out for God to help me .
Made me realize that there is this define being that take us in and showed me that in the heavens we all the same and equal in thoughts and appearance.
Hate is something that grows in people who are letting it happen to be taken over by dark forces that wants our souls.

I'm not always agree how Religion is being used by also Christians and Muslims. But I know that there are good and bad people it the world in many races and cultures.

And I also not always think that everything the bible says is the truth but I think one can feel and filther what the truth about this book and stories could be.

I think its wonderful that you found your peace with God and found your savior in Jesus . Its all about finding peace in your heart and knowing to do the right thing for mankind and loved ones that surround you.

peace

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

a reply to: WarminIndy

hahaha

because I come across as such in debate I think. Nenothtu thought the same of me at first. I think everyone did.

As far as the no hard feelings.. lol. They were great conversations all and I have nothing against anyone for having them with me!

This news made me smile today. If you need help in any way, let me know. If you need prayer, just let me know, you can send me a private message if you ever need to.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Yes, the voice I heard seems masculine too, the once where I could say check, that was really God's voice. Rocked the very core of me for hours and hours..

Yep ... that's the One! It was in my soul and yet it was so big that it was like thunder rolling across the sky. I ducked my head because I thought the thunder was descending upon me. I LITERALLY ducked ... that's how much power and how big it was. And yet, it was just in my soul.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Yes, the voice I heard seems masculine too, the once where I could say check, that was really God's voice. Rocked the very core of me for hours and hours..

Yep ... that's the One! It was in my soul and yet it was so big that it was like thunder rolling across the sky. I ducked my head because I thought the thunder was descending upon me. I LITERALLY ducked ... that's how much power and how big it was. And yet, it was just in my soul.

Did you hear the testimony of the former Manson family member Gypsy?

She said that after her last shootout with the police and trying to flee, she went to Canada illegally and while she was there, a song came on the radio Serve Somebody by Bob Dylan and when he sang the lyrics "you might be in another country, hiding under a different name" that she knew then God knew where she was and that was the turning point for her.

God speaks, we just have to listen.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah.. exactly that! Totally understand you there!

When I heard that voice, that was when HE gave me the new name. Israel.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wonderful for you! Everything in its time it is said. This was in yours.

God and heaven, life and love does not suddenly appear: it is always right there for the taking.

For some? Its constant. For others? It is NEVER. For others? It takes a life altering event.. And still for some...its a gentle whisper on the wind....

You were listening.

God Bless...MS

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The only vision I've had of Jesus he told me to beware the Djinn & be patient (it seems vague, but the feeling I got was he meant be patient in Love & tolerance)...

Most of the time my visions are of Arch Angel Michael.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So, I did indeed find God, and I saw HIM. Not in a book, but alive.

So he says my word is in a book but he's there speaking to you…

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join