It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing Heaven with Child Molesters?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
The title: Dark Night of The Soul is attributed to Saint John of The Cross, Doctor of The Church. It's an amazing read, I'd be surprised if you had not read it.

I have read it many times. I was Third Order for about 20 years. (Franciscan and then Carmelite) People who don't understand the Dark Night of the Soul will try to nail people going through it (like Mother Teresa) as atheists. They don't understand the spiritual ascent as described by St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila.

Keep fighting the fight brother,

I'm a girl.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
An eternity with other folks like you... who agree with you and think like you... no challenges... no revelations... no real change of mind... no thanks.

But then again all humans are very very similar at their core... their essence. They may have different experiences here and thus have different "programs" influencing them, but we are all much more similar than not.

But the idea of a final heaven where all the 'good enough' just exist in eternity sounds pretty one dimensional and ...dumb.

Creation and it's likely creative intelligence seems far more complex and artistic, to me, anyway. I suspect evolution and change... always. Infinite complexity under an infinitely simple concept... exist.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Brother, the Kingdom of God is at hand. What that little saying means is, you could drop dead in the next instant if that is what God wants. He literally allows every beat of your heart.

The Kingdom of God is eternal life. That's the promise. Instead of worrying about wether chi-mo's are running around in heaven, maybe you should just worry about you, and if you're going to get there to find out.

Remember, the best and easiest place to undergo a cleansing of your past sins is right here, right now...today. The Kingdom of God, heaven, is right before you, in the here, in the now. Don't wait for the last minute to convert, because well, you don't know when that last minute will occur.

a reply to: windword

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

originally posted by: Entreri06
Is there something wrong with my logic?

Do crocks eat people ?

As I pointed out before you made this Bozo thread.
You can't fake your way into heaven esse!

Who said anything about faking? I said if I child molester repents and means it! If he is 100% honest about his conversion. Then he does get paradise right?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Well, dear brother, I believe in reincarnation. Do you honestly believe the "Saints" are sitting around in Paradise sipping on Pina Coladas as a reward for 40 or so years of devotion? There is work to be done, and the nature of our souls is eternal. "The Saints" are neither lazy nor complacent.

Jesus said that we must fight for heaven, as it is being attacked by the violent, and that which is NOT bound, by us on earth, is running free in Heaven.

The Kingdom of God is within. It is what YOU make it. Keep up the good fight.

Eternity Now!
edit on 1-1-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
Brother, the Kingdom of God is at hand. What that little saying means is, you could drop dead in the next instant if that is what God wants. He literally allows every beat of your heart.

The Kingdom of God is eternal life. That's the promise. Instead of worrying about wether chi-mo's are running around in heaven, maybe you should just worry about you, and if you're going to get there to find out.

Remember, the best and easiest place to undergo a cleansing of your past sins is right here, right now...today. The Kingdom of God, heaven, is right before you, in the here, in the now. Don't wait for the last minute to convert, because well, you don't know when that last minute will occur.

a reply to: windword

Actually I can wait till the last minute to convert. Your still allowed to convert through out the tribulations.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My apologies, I should have guessed by your clear logic, your rational responses and general agreeability. All traits my wife says I need more in my life.

Have a wonderful, Solemnity of Mary, Our Blessed Mother day today. Did that make sense? Lol

a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

But the idea of a final heaven where all the 'good enough' just exist in eternity sounds pretty one dimensional and ...dumb.

One dimensional and dumb? Your mind must be on life
support with such miniscuel unsubstatiated thought
of something you haven't the first clue about. See this
is what happens when people just believe any regurgitated
crap they read from other dingys. You do realise your
talking about a relationship with the Creator of the universe
right? The one true oracle that could save us lifetimes of
wasted research and experimentations in science and
space travel. What do you imagine the universe was made
for with us on this earth and no one out there? I believe
it all adds up in the end, that God wanted an adventurous
relationship with us as we searched and populated the
cosmos. But someone got jealous of us and the plan got
side tracked. But it shall be resumed once all of Heaven
has seen the results of disobedience to God. The one
who created all including you and I kind of has obedience
coming any way by my thinking. So don't listen to crap,
think for yourself mon.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm seeing alot of 'Earthly' thinking here; when you get to that paradise, I think your way of thinking/existing changes. Once you pass from this realm, you will become 'enlightened', as everything you ever wanted to know will be answered. Maybe the reasons someone molested a child will become known to you. I'm talking about the deep underlying conditions that caused that person to do whatever, then you realize wow, I understand.
Or when you become 'enlightened', your earthly ways of thinking no longer apply, such as OMG a child molester is in heaven, why, and you think welcome brother glad you are here.
Noone knows, noone WILL know til its OUR time, and I think everyone will be VERY surprised, so why waste your time thinking about things we have no clue about?
Heck, you could be sitting at the table with the likes of Osama Bin Laden on one side, Adolf Hitler at the other, while talking to Jesus.
Noone truly knows.
edit on 1/1/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: seagull
Every person of faith has that "dark night"... Mine was when I watched my mother die of cancer. For a short while, I hated God. Hated.

I'm still working on my anger at God. Every time I think I'm past it, something pokes it back up. It's been like this since I got really sick in 2010. It's taking a lot of work on my part, but that doesn't make me an atheist. And Mother Teresa wasn't an Atheist. She was working through the Dark Night issues.

I knew you were I could tell by your post, I get angry with god.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

No true repentance, that is something far more rare than you are thinking, true repentance is the will and wish to genuinely do anything to undo that harm that the offender has caused but I would not be too fussed over that where child molesters are concerned as psychologically for the vast majority of these wolves in sheeps clothing they tend to not feel any remorse for there action's.

So no you are unlikely to share heaven with one of them, remember christ said cast not your pearl before swine lest they then turn and kill you, that is out of his mouth therefore what do you think he will do with child molester's.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Then he does get paradise right?

You're asking me? See that's exactly what's wrong with
your thinking. I don't know anything about that any more
than you do? No one does except for God. Salvation isn't
a get out of jail free card. It can't be used like a fake I.D.
gets you into the local pub. Only God knows what's truly
in someones heart and he's the only judge so you have
to ask him.

But I don't think you have to worry about be'n in Heaven
with any child molesters cause there most likely won't be
people who think they can judge the almighty God. I'm
just really glad I have better sense than that at least.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Someone who rapes and kills children will not ascend based on words. If their lives are truly changed and they go about the remainder of their life on earth doing everything they can, living every day to atone for what they have done, there is a chance they can change their fate.
For this chance to even exist they must face what they have done and know it for what it truly was. Then they must face their victim, or the survivors of their victim and admit to them what they did and the true reason for their actions. They must be sincere and must never ask for forgiveness. They must live their remaining years with the knowledge of their potential fate. No amount of pleading or praying will erase or amend their past deeds. They must show by their actions that they are sorrowful and full of regret. They cannot hide in alcohol or drugs to ease their pain. They must bear the full weight of their actions until they die from disease, accident or natural causes. Suicide is instant failure. If after the remainder of their days the summation of their works and deeds are judged to be enough to atone for their misdeeds, then God will pass judgement upon them and whether they are ready to ascend.
God is just and all are judged equally. All will have their day and those who do not ascend now will have a chance to redeem themselves. There is no purgatory. There is only here and now and the next ascended state. Once you have achieved full, true enlightenment, you will also see that you have joined God.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

good enough?

Surely our griefs He Himself bore, And our sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, Smitten of God, and afflicted. But He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him.…

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Earthly titles and labels and deeds won't translate into a heavenly existence in a state of unity with the Creator. There simply won't be any ChiMos or politicians or scientists in any way. The beings of heaven are at their truest most essential state. Not a superficial sinful construct of humanity. There are no human bodies in heaven nor human identities. In heaven you're not who you Were on earth you're who or what you are to God. As for the doctrines of salvation..... if you don't want to go you won't believe you can and won't live in a way to enable and make functional your connection to source (God) ensuring your path to heaven
edit on 1/1/2015 by balanc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Le's put it this way
sharing heaven with my in-laws scares me more.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Anger at death is usually directed at God for "taking" someone away from you or directed at the departed for "leaving" you here alone. This is a natural reaction to the loss of a loved one and is by it's very nature an expression of greed at a time of grief. You want this person back for your own personal reasons and will not be able to adjust to or "get over" your grief until you realize that death is a transition as much as birth is and is necessary for your loved ones to have a chance to ascend. As living, physical beings we see death as an end to someone we loved when in truth it is as much a part of your spiritual evolution as birth was. We should celebrate the departed and realize that to hold them back would be as wrong for them as their passing was to us here and now.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: balanc3

Thats exactly what I was trying to get at, everything that is the HUMAN us is completely stripped away, leaving only the essence of the soul.
You people keep trying to attribute 'earthly' things in heaven or wherever we go in the afterlife. Your wasting your time thinking that way.
Let it go.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Myself a victim of child abuse, your question is a good one.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Actually I can wait till the last minute to convert.

Sure you can and I think it even mentions something to
that effect in scripture. I don't understand that childish
kind of mentallity. If you're going to do it with the required
sincerity in your heart, you wouldn't want to wait. Who
would want to be like the ten year old kid, riding his bike
down in the middle of the wash on a rainy day. It's just as
easy to ride a bike on the bike trail. Your lack of enthusiasm
defines you even to me. And you think God won't see right
thru you? Get a grip!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>