It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharing Heaven with Child Molesters?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Is there something wrong with my logic?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh
Anyone who thinks that child molesters are ready to ascend has no clue of how this works. There is no way the souls of anyone that has not opened their hearts to others will make it to the other side. God does not discriminate based on religion, color, race, gender or age. God is above the petty conflicts of humanity, but offers us glimpses of the path to ascension to help guide us to enlightenment. We have free will to sort things out in the here and now for ourselves. Going through life with the blinders of religion does not get you past any gates. It is not enough to believe in God. You must know God to become one with God.
Open eyes, open minds, open hearts, open lives. This is part of the path to God. Live each day for someone other than yourselves, because in the grand scheme of things, you are but a mote in God's eye.

So some one who raped and murdered children then repented , confessed and believed in Jesus still wouldn't get in? As some one just said, works don't matter faith matters. Anyone who has ever done a weekend in jail knows the one thing there is no shortage of is people putting there faith in Jesus...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: McChillin
Believe me, when i tell you, MOST won't make it back to heaven. If i had to go out on a limb, and guess, how many wouldn't? I'd say about 90%.

Let me add: God isn't sending people to Hell. Their wasteful lifestyles earned them that ticket. Why should you spend eternity in paradise, when you spent your life creating Hell??? Did you love your neighbor? Did you give to the person in need? Did you do anything, for anyone, besides yourself???

Calling Jesus' name, AIN'T GONNA CUT IT! Jesus, himself, spoke those words.
Luke 13:27

The Narrow Door

22Then Jesus went through the towns and villages, teaching as he made his way to Jerusalem. 23Someone asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

He said to them, 24“Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. 25Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’

“But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’

26“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’

27“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

28“There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out. 29People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”
Now, those scriptures only applies to them that BE-LIEVE!

So the guy who created hell, created the believers go up and unbelievers go down system, and the one who judges which group you fall into. Doesn't decide who goes up and down we do?!? Is that crazy illogical to anyone else?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

This seems to say it was more then just a "black faith time" for the newest saint. She even stopped praying and specifically stated she wasn't even sure there was a god....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

It isn't your logic that is in question.

Besides, aren't you shooting a barrel full of fish right now?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All things go to Heaven, but for reincarnation and what not, well something has to pay the piper some way. Karma's a bitch that loves her kids, and when she calls the father, well get your crucifixes and your shotguns, cause its coming for you.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am a it confused about those who have anger when someone dies. If your faith says that they are going to a heavenly kingdom, are you angry that they got to go sooner than you?

If you don't believe in such things, then there is no one to be angry at. Help me understand how you can both believe in the concept of heaven, and be angry when someone dies. It would seem you could only be angry if you didn't believe.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So being that repentance and believing in Jesus are the only real requirement to get you passed sait peter at the pearly gates and almost all violent criminals convert in prison, doesn't that mean (in heaven) were going to end up with a couple ChoMo's (child molestors) next door?

Since mother Teresa lost faith before her death. That does mean her and Ghandi will be tortured for all eternity while millions of violent murderers reap the rewards of everlasting life?

The key word there being 'repentance.' They have to feel bad about it, or it is all just words. The forgiveness of sin is one of the great glories of God. But the sinner must truly feel repentance, and God knows if it is just lip service. So no, there will be no 'chomos' in Heaven, what there will be, is pure spirits raised unblemished in the likeness of Jesus. People have a hard time wrapping their brains around forgiveness. It is IMPOSSIBLE for most people to forgive the most heinous crimes, however, that's why we are not God. God forgives us because he can, and I feel, because he MUST. His very nature makes it impossible for Him to not forgive the truly repentant.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Kinda, I think it's funny how few Christians follow the scripture to it's logical conclusion.
How many preach that all you need is faith in Christ, without realizing that that would apply to the worst of the worst as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

So being that repentance and believing in Jesus are the only real requirement to get you passed sait peter at the pearly gates and almost all violent criminals convert in prison, doesn't that mean (in heaven) were going to end up with a couple ChoMo's (child molestors) next door?

Since mother Teresa lost faith before her death. That does mean her and Ghandi will be tortured for all eternity while millions of violent murderers reap the rewards of everlasting life?

The key word there being 'repentance.' They have to feel bad about it, or it is all just words. The forgiveness of sin is one of the great glories of God. But the sinner must truly feel repentance, and God knows if it is just lip service. So no, there will be no 'chomos' in Heaven, what there will be, is pure spirits raised unblemished in the likeness of Jesus. People have a hard time wrapping their brains around forgiveness. It is IMPOSSIBLE for most people to forgive the most heinous crimes, however, that's why we are not God. God forgives us because he can, and I feel, because he MUST. His very nature makes it impossible for Him to not forgive the truly repentant.

So then as long as a child rapist/ murder really was sorry then its cool and he gets paradise forever! You can't possibly believe that some one who commited a horrible crime couldn't regret it later. There have been multiple petaphiles who don't want to be released because they are afraid they might hurt another kid. Hell we change "who we are" multiple times in our lives. I just wonder how some parent will feel seeing the person who raped and murdered there 7 year old, move in next door and get to live it up for all eternity. That's my idea of hell....

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

Because the bible teaches us that nothing unclean will enter heaven, it's a fairly good bet they're in a place where they're becoming clean, namely: Purgatory. This biblical concept is a brilliant idea. God is good.

"Faith without works is dead" (James 2:14-26)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

Because the bible teaches us that nothing unclean will enter heaven

Where does it say that? There are two places in Matthew where Jesus contradicts you.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Revelation 21:27

In my Bible, thats the last page. How appropriate.

a reply to: windword

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian

Because the bible teaches us that nothing unclean will enter heaven, it's a fairly good bet they're in a place where they're becoming clean, namely: Purgatory. This biblical concept is a brilliant idea. God is good.

"Faith without works is dead" (James 2:14-26)

But arnt you "clean" after repenting and baptism?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

But of course! After the destruction of the world and everything in it, Heaven will be pure. But it the meantime, it's being attacked by violence and everything that is NOT "bound" on earth is running free in Heaven, including child molestation.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I'd like to think that only the truly and solely religious have fallen victim to the material realm and all that are seen as faults or shortcomings here in that material existence, to those that realize what true spirituality is, they know that a balance between religion and spirituality is necessary to understand existence here for our short time, they would not be sidetracked about the deeds or misdeeds of others, only their own soul.

With that, if you are so tied to the material world and let your emotions and feelings about others, judging them then how can you even understand the all, or centerpiece or pieces of your religion or faith, that generally say all judgment is reserved for that divinity or deity.

I can't understand people that are worried about who might pass that judgement and have passed their test to make it to the spiritual world, how does this even make sense it would smack of jealousy or envy, if you really believed and had faith, this question of who would make it to your heaven or afterlife to share it would not even have become manifest as a thought....

That is just my thoughts on people that worry about who makes it to their so called heaven or afterlife, or whatever label you would like to apply to it.... judging by everything, you would still fail your own test to have this thinking if the core of your own religion or belief would say only God could judge you.
edit on 1-1-2015 by phinubian because: added info

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The title: Dark Night of The Soul is attributed to Saint John of The Cross, Doctor of The Church. It's an amazing read, I'd be surprised if you had not read it.

Keep fighting the fight brother, running the race. Your suffering is not in vain. Pray for me, and I will pray for you, and we'll both make it through our dry, doubtful times. Jesus told us this wouldn't be easy. We keep our eyes on Jesus, not on the storm, and we'll walk on water also.

Grace and Peace to you, Happy New Year

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Baptism cleanses us from original sin and is our moment of adoption.

Repentance is what God wants from us. He wants us to be holy, as he is holy. He forgives our sins, but that doesn't mean there isn't still consequences. The sword of sin remains firmly embedded in us, even though we've been forgiven.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This seems to say it was more then just a "black faith time" for the newest saint. She even stopped praying and specifically stated she wasn't even sure there was a god....

For some reason, you just want her to be atheist when she clearly wasn't.

As was stated, she was in the Dark Night of the Soul. If you had read the information I provided you wouldn't still be pumping this 'Mother Teresa was an Atheist' thing.

What she went through was typical Dark Night of the Soul ... a struggle in darkness, still knowing there is a God but doubting and even finding it difficult to pray. God is working deep in the soul. St. John of the Cross wrote of this. It is a common spiritual situation with people of faith.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Do crocks eat people ?

As I pointed out before you made this Bozo thread.
You can't fake your way into heaven esse!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join