It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestine seeks to join Int'l Court (Happy New Year!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well, this year is already bringing some progress, IMHO!

It's 6AM here in the Northeast US, I just got out of work so I'm headed to bed shortly.

My second job is as an overnight stocker for the local mart, who I won't endorse (not wal*mart, I have standards!). Around 4 AM, I'll be outside on a cigarette break, where I'll greet the person dropping off the stack of newspapers. I'll take the order form off and check out the stories while I finish my break, and this morning had a nice surprise. Apparently, the president of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, is applying to join the International Criminal Courts, and seek prosecution for war crimes committed by Israel (and who knows where that could end!).

The Article proposes the US will be angered by this move, suggesting the United States' involvement and/or complacency in previous handlings of the case.

Another funny thing; Netanyahu stated that Palestinians, not Israelis, should fear the ICC. This is funny to me, because Israel has the longest list of UN "finger shakings" against them. Literally 10 times the amount of any of the worst countries out there. Palestine has a couple. A few, compared to comically overdrawn.

Another case of the pot calling the kettle black until it boils over?

Sauce

The Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas, dramatically moved to join the international criminal court on Wednesday, setting Palestinians on a diplomatic collision course with Israel and Washington, and risking imposition of US sanctions.

Abbas signed the Rome statute governing the court and 19 other international agreements, potentially opening the way to Palestinians to pursue Israel for war crimes in the court of last resort based in The Hague.

[...]

The US also condemned the move which it described as “deeply troubling” with State Department spokesman Jeff Rathke saying it was “an escalatory step that will not achieve any of the outcomes most Palestinians have long hoped to see for their people”.

[...]

“They attack us and our land every day, to whom are we to complain? The security council let us down – where are we to go?” Abbas told a gathering of Palestinian leaders in remarks broadcast on official television.

“We want to refer to international institutions, and this is one we are referring to, and we’ll complain to these people,” he added, before signing the documents.

After reading this, I showed it to my coworker, and explained it as the best news I've read in a long time. IN MY OPINION, (prepare the rotten tomatoes) Israel has turned into the entity that almost destroyed them. They have pushed Palestine into a corner, and condemns a starving man for stealing food, so to speak. The atrocities experienced by ALL sides in this conflict are directly because of Israel's god complex, and its utter lack of empathy and compassion to the outside world.

What are your thoughts ATS? and Happy New Year!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Israel and Big Brother America will never allow that to happen .. Cant have israelis opened up to being put on trial for genocide.. war crimes and crimes against humanity ..

It will be the usual.. palestinians slaughtered at israeli hands and losing more land to israel ..

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Apparently, the president of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, is applying to join the International Criminal Courts, and seek prosecution for war crimes committed by Israel (and who knows where that could end!).

Palestinian terrorists will be up before Israel is, with their constant targeting of Israeli civilians over the years.

Yet there are those here (and elsewhere) that hate Jews so much they ignore all the terrorist attacks on Israel, like the attack on Israel by terrorists on 19/12/14!
edit on 1-1-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Apparently, the president of Palestine, Mahmoud Abbas, is applying to join the International Criminal Courts, and seek prosecution for war crimes committed by Israel (and who knows where that could end!).

Palestinian terrorists will be up before Israel is, with their constant targeting of Israeli civilians over the years.

Yet there are those here (and elsewhere) that hate Jews so much they ignore all the terrorist attacks on Israel, like the attack on Israel by terrorists on 19/12/14!

To be fair, both sides have committed atrocities against eachothers civilians. From terrorist attacks, to using children as human shields. I see this as a good thing as it will level the playing field and hopefully keep them both more in line.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Could it be anything about that those you call terrorist are pushed inside walls after how many decades and how many families lost their homes and lands by forced dislocate? We should not take sides here and talk out of hate but look it objectively to see and find rightful ending to hostilities.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The Israeli terrorist (the IDF) have killed far more civilians the the Palestinian terrorist have. In the last kill fest by Israel they killed over one thousand civilians while Hamas only killed six. Sure looks like Israel is targeting the civilians more than Palestine.

Yet there are those here (and elsewhere) that hate Jews so much they ignore all the terrorist attacks on Israel.

It's not that they hate Jews simply because the people that Hamas is attacking are not Jews they are Zionist the very people who have done nothing but constantly attack them for the last seventy years.

like the attack on Israel by terrorists on 19/12/14!

Are you talking about the supposed rocket that was shot into Israel (which is really Palestinian land)? That was staged if I ever saw one. For one the rocket didn't even hit the ground with enough force to up root the plants in the field it landed in also you could see the footprint of the person that planted it there underneath the rocket.
edit on 1-1-2015 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Zionist propaganda, like this, is becoming more and more obsolete every day.

You can't pull that "hate the Jews" crap anymore, the only people who still fall for it are other Zionists.

Grow up, get over yourself, try to respect other human beings, and THEN you might get some respect in turn. That's how reality works.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That said, I expect the terrorists occupying Israel will retaliate against this move with a massive bombing campaign, citing some baseless justification. That's how they operate - punishment and humiliation. When they're not kidnapping, torturing, and murdering that is.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So the overwhelming feel is either war, or ...war?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I'm sorry i find it hard to acknowledge those attacks when all the zionist supporters ignore the blatant terrorist attacks against palestinians by the israeli's

top topics

join