It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Destroy The Tower Of Babel, Sodom, Make Floods etc?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 2-1-2015 by EzeqeelNOCH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

the noah flood account for the black sea flood event, is for an ark with only 32 animals on it.
the global flood catastrophe that spawned the ice age, is for the repository that was used to re-terraform the earth, probably a dna bank. this is synonymous with the creation account in genesis. you aren't seeing the earth being created for the first time, but rather, rejuvenated/re-created after a massive cataclysm by someone referred to merely as elohim. elohim is a plural word but is used occasionally in the royal "we" voice during the creation passages. when the royal "We" voice is used, it's typically by a creator elohim, specifically one with advanced understanding of biological lifeforms.

both flood accounts are meshed together in the noah's flood account, but are 2 different events.

edit on 2-1-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
a reply to: randyvs

The idea of the christian god was first thought by primitive naive dessert people who believed an imaginary being in the sky was the answer to their existence, by not knowing any better. and then their leaders wrote down some stories about god (bible) to draw attention, help their morality, control them better and give them something to hope for.
The only evidence of gods existence is the bible, BUT anecdotal evidence, faulty reasoning and spurious claims prove there never was a case.

The bible is hardly a book that demonstrates God being the conclusion of any philosophical reasoning. Like the conclusion of the Greek thinkers. And not anecdotal so much as personal contact.

As far as "primitive dessert people"......the whole world had an idea of God, gods ect sky and otherwise. Why single out just one culture? Sounds like an agenda to be always harping on what comes out of the middle east in isolation to the rest of the world. And I mean that only very generally in addressing the idea of god and gods.

Besides what do we make of the very advanced civilizations....Babylon, Egypt, Greek, Roman, China, Inca, Maya that were educated, scientific, philosophers......and were neck deep in gods and great public works, that stand to this day, dedicated to them?

This primitive desert people line is getting old and worn out. Its become a pejorative....like "hillbilly". It ignorant in itself.

monotheism was not for everyone, only for their people
(They desperately had the need of a god watching over them through their tough times, and that's why their god favor's only them and not the gentiles and helps them to win against them by destroying their enemies)

Again, as opposed to the gentiles that had dozen's of gods watching over them? They had a god or an aspect of a god or the same aspect found in several gods to cover just about every conceivable human experience and issue. And this was the way of all the tribes of the earth really. So one nation claims its forefathers came into contact with the only real God and the nation that grew out of that had a covenant with the one God and He was telling them that all this multiple "gods" stuff was a bunch of BS.

You talk about manipulation! WOW! Just imagine what a threat it was to nations that had a shine on every street corner to any one of dozens of gods and what a threat it was to the priest casts of all these different gods. And all these gods had to be placated with gifts ect. There's the conspiracy in religion to capture men's minds....so many gods that the head spins! Not knowing witch one was pissed off this time and OH boy didn't we just have a feast to this one over here for a good harvest and now this other gods pissed off about something! There is your mind control......not in an easy to understand single God with set times and practices.

And by the way the gentiles were never restricted.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
egyptian amen / amun, was the sumerian anu. he's heavenly father jehovah.
norse loki was sumerian enki.

sumerian enki was ea (h-ayah, who is jehovah) and the progenitor/creator of the adam race and the procreative homo sapien dna of the second adam race. prince of the sea and of life giving waters.

sumerian enlil was el, that is to say, he was another form of jehovah, but not the creator jehovah. rather, he was the military commander/ owner of planet earth. prince of the air. enlil didn't like enki's procreative homo sapiens. he was an environmentalist and didn't want the former eternal adam race who were eternal clones of the elohim, to live forever while procreating like mad, so he exercised his ownership authority and commanded that homo sapiens life span/dna be set to a slow auto destruct. this is the fall narrative.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Maybe you two went to a closed minded university or something and never discussed superposition with your professors LOLz.

Oh, we discussed it. The consciousness-rules-the-cosmos angle somehow never came up. 'Making wishes come true' wasn't a subject covered on the course, you see.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hey just a thought we could be living in times where this very same event may repeat itself.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
egyptian amen / amun, was the sumerian anu. he's heavenly father jehovah.
norse loki was sumerian enki.

sumerian enki was ea (h-ayah, who is jehovah) and the progenitor/creator of the adam race and the procreative homo sapien dna of the second adam race. prince of the sea and of life giving waters.

What a bunch of Apis Bull. At any rate do you realize you are saying then that Jehovah ordered Amen's ass kicked just before the Exodus and made a covenant then with the Hebrews after kicking Amen's Apis Bull out of him?

Your also saying that H-aya, who you say is Jehovah, that as you say was prince of the sea and life giving water, was same that made covenant with Hebrews......so we should believe the Hebrew account of the great flood seeing that dude was water boss and creator of man. Same Jehovah that talked to the prophets. Yea cool.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Astyanax

I studied physics at a university too big whoopteydoo.

No, you didn't, or you wouldn't give credence to such rot.

To be fair he didn't say he passed any exams or anything.

Maybe you two went to a closed minded university or something and never discussed superposition with your professors LOLz.

Just because someone doesn't want to entertain your ideas doesn't necessarily make them closed minded. This is a fallacy many on this website fall for.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

You have a great imagination I give you that and would love to see a movie or book that you have written because I love sci-fi and sci-fantasy but in all seriousness you cant possibly expect me to believe your stories are anything more than the work of an overactive imagination.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Astyanax

I studied physics at a university too big whoopteydoo.

No, you didn't, or you wouldn't give credence to such rot.

To be fair he didn't say he passed any exams or anything.

Just because someone doesn't want to entertain your ideas doesn't necessarily make them closed minded. This is a fallacy many on this website fall for.

The only constant and consistent fallacy on this site is what passes as biblical criticism.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The bible is a collection of secondhand accounts of embellished stories from the past. It is a giant tome of subjective evidence and should be taken as seriously as we take the Lord of the Rings seriously. This opinion about the bible may upset you because it conflicts with your beliefs, but it is a very logically sound opinion to have which your camp has done nothing to discount. There is nothing fallacious about disbelieving the bible and being critical/skeptical of the stories within.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Here is what I think, God is an inter-dimensional being who surpassed his evolutionary species like millions and millions of years ago and is the last remnant to survive and defeat all opposing forces.
And due to all the technology developed in his existence he has the ability to control the non-conscious but randomly occurring elements of space and time.
However, God has fear, he fears the possibility of something else evolving to his level because lets say he is not a creator but just a manipulator.
He cannot stop living things from occurring because due to statistical probability, living things will pop up and amongst them, there is a probability that one will eventually evolve to God Level.
However what he can do is quell the the evolution.
What does the great flood, tower of babel, garden of Eden all have in common? The acquisition of knowledge to increase ones own intelligence and greed to grow and possibly a high level of technology.
In fact, one of the tenements of all religions is not to see thyself as god, maybe because if society came together and worked at it, they can in fact reach that dimensional plane and challenge god.
Likewise, he does not destroy us because something will always come to fill that statistical void, he can only quell our thirst for power and mechanisms to get there.
There is no reason for God to make us but there is a possibility that he cannot control our creation and can only try to keep us from reaching the heavens through through "omnipotent" technology and social/religious indoctrination.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Its a little funny to me that some believe this society we live in today could be it.

The thought that more advanced civilizations could be out there who are so super advanced they appear like gods to us could not only be possible but considering the vastness of the universe I would think it is probable.

The thought that some godlike beings may be running areas of the universe and may just step into our area I think is an interesting one to say the least.

Legends say gods used to be here all over the world, what if they ever reterned.

Could we end up like Sodom or Babel, I dont see why not. . . .

If ours was the only planet in the universe I might think differently, however its not, and other life may be out there, not saying we are in danger, just saying odds are in my opinion that there may be some more advanced beings out there in the universe.
edit on 5-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Well what if we are not it, whatever beings are out there are experiencing the same issue of being let down, except God may not be powerful enough to detect all or may not be fast enough to destroy all, therefore there are species that evolve to a very high level.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyliquidx

Well what if we are not it, whatever beings are out there are experiencing the same issue of being let down, except God may not be powerful enough to detect all or may not be fast enough to destroy all, therefore there are species that evolve to a very high level.

What if god/gods have already destroyed us at a future point in time we just dont know it yet, wouldnt that just suck. . . .

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Don't you know that all things are possible with god?

/sarc

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Logarock

The bible is a collection of secondhand accounts of embellished stories from the past. It is a giant tome of subjective evidence and should be taken as seriously as we take the Lord of the Rings seriously. This opinion about the bible may upset you because it conflicts with your beliefs, but it is a very logically sound opinion to have which your camp has done nothing to discount. There is nothing fallacious about disbelieving the bible and being critical/skeptical of the stories within.

No I have tried to tell you that I am not offended by conflicts with my beliefs. However around here disbelieving is not a conclusion of critical investigation really. Next time you pick up a history book about any history see how far you get with your scorn of the "second hand" for example. You wont get past one or two chapters and you would have to put it down.

And really comparing the Lord of the Rings with the Bible in any way is a very simple display of ignorant condescension.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What if we are in a crazy twilight zone time loop and our current society is actually, "The Biblical Tower of Babel" then society is destroyed once we get to a certain point then rebuilt and destroyed again over and over again.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
No I have tried to tell you that I am not offended by conflicts with my beliefs. However around here disbelieving is not a conclusion of critical investigation really. Next time you pick up a history book about any history see how far you get with your scorn of the "second hand" for example. You wont get past one or two chapters and you would have to put it down.

History books have more than second hand accounts backing up the claims within. There are countless artifacts and non-subjective evidence that corroborate many of the accounts. But then again, I also never claimed that history books are 100% accurate either. Obviously history is written by the winner and therefore tends to be biased or omit important things.

None of that changes the fact that the bible has ZERO objective evidence backing it up AS WELL AS has the laws of physics as well as other sciences actually debunk the claims therein as impossible. It's not like the bible is just a simple history book. There are fantastical claims inside that defy science, yet no evidence of their occurrences exist (in fact, evidence exists that actually says the bible is WRONG, like in the global flood myth). There is a BIG difference between discussing if George Washington actually crossed the Delaware River or not and if Jesus walked on water.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. At least in a history book about Napoleon, I'm not reading how he shot lasers out of his eyes or wielded a flaming sword or some nonsense. So your comparison to REAL history books is ridiculous.

And really comparing the Lord of the Rings with the Bible in any way is a very simple display of ignorant condescension.

Why? They both have the same amount of evidence backing up their fantastical claims. None. Would you have preferred I said the Iliad? At least that deals with real Earthly locations right?

Actually, come to think of it, if you want the Bible to be considered a legitimate history book, explain to me why the Iliad is mythology and the Bible is real. I want details and corroborating evidence. THEN maybe you'd have a point about calling the bible false is fallacious.
edit on 6-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

it may have appeared that God was responsible but what happened was part of Earth's order of things.

one must understand that God is as much a part of this world as a artist is part of his painting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join