It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Destroy The Tower Of Babel, Sodom, Make Floods etc?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
So the story of the Tower Of Babel and the Great Flood to destroy ancient civilizations is interesting to me.

Could it happen again to our current civilization?

According to Ancient Aliens it was just a highly advanced civilization that did it and not a Biblical god.

What say you ATS what on earth happened to our ancient civilizations, were they destroyed by god if not then what? Could it happen again?

edit on 1-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Nope considering the global flood never happened.
Local floods seen by people in this time would have appeared to be global but were not.
Also the story is from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Yes we could get destroyed but by no higher power just nature.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Well you should simply ask what is the evidence for those things and is it reliable and verifiable.

You should be able to come to a reasonable conclusion when you have those answers.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't necessarily consider the History channel your go to source for information. Let alone those ancient alien guys.

What's wrong with a global flood scenario?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Did God Destroy The Tower Of Babel, Sodom, Make Floods etc?

Short answer - NO.

It's well proven, via science and archeology, that the Noahs Ark flood never happened.

The Tower of Babel is a creation myth like story about why people have different languages. Peoples languages developed over time and in isolated pockets of development, not because they all lived in one place and then God got ticked at a multistory building so he scattered them around the world and changed languages. The story is silly.

Sodom? There may have been a place with that name and it may have been destroyed, but considering that the uneducated peasants blamed every natural lightening strike on God ... well, who knows.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

An global flood did occur as there were other ancient civilization exited.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's well proven, via science and archeology, that the Noahs Ark flood never happened.

Proven by whom again?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Lets assume that the probability field that is measured in the double slit experiment is connected to consciousness/awareness. Lets assume that the probability field "that can become achieve Synchronicity" is "the bible idea of god works in mysterious way". A being with an extreme consciousness would be able to effect the probability field and thereby tweak what happens in nature by control where every particle will exists. Control the field -> control everything material and how it arranges itself on a quantum level. Lets assume that this tweaking is being done every day but that most people are not aware of the tweaking.

From my point of view:
Humanity as a specie is as a whole unfortunately not very wise. Without intervention in the probability field (that will also change nature) the ego narcissism part of human collective nature would have already destroyed humanity during the cold war. Humanity have potential but it will take time until it will raise up to the challenge and be the caretakers we where told to be.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So an interesting idea is the ancients had some advanced technology of some sort, which was the cause of thier downfall.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Proven by whom again?

Key word ... AGAIN ... it's been said here many times and in many threads.

DNA diversity proves that all of humanity could NOT come from 3 pair of related reproducing humans 6,000 years ago. Not 10,000 years ago ... not 50,000 years ago... not 100,000 years ago. Add to that - once you get past a few thousand years BC, humans couldn't write and they certainly couldn't build an ark. Humans from over a hundred thousand years ago didn't have the ability to build an ark nor to write down the story about building it.

Ice core samples from the poles show absolutely no evidence of a world wide flood.

The coral reefs around the world are intact. Some date a hundred thousand years old. They would have died during a world wide flood. The oceans themselves would have died. They didn't die and the reefs are intact. No flood.

80,000 year old trees are on Earth - Pando, Utah Aspen, Jurupa Oak - They would have died under the weight of the ocean sitting on top of them for a year ... and the darkness of the ocean sitting on top of them. They did not die and therefore there was no mile high world wide flood at any time in the past 80,000 years.

The ark described in the bible couldn't hold all the animals. It would have had millions of species to have to carry. It simply couldn't have been built. And yes, millions would have had to have been carried. The species diversity on Earth says so.

Ancient archeological remains of human made structures that are 10,000 and 20,000 years old are intact and can be found around the world. These would have been crushed and destroyed by a world wide flood. They are in tact. And there is no break in ancient civilizations from India etc. More proof of no Noahs Ark flood.

There are links to all of the above, listed over and over here at ATS. It's 5:00 am and I'd have to go digging for them to repost here. Frankly, I'm not that energetic yet. I'll see if I can get to it later.

edit on 1/1/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Lets assume that the probability field that is measured in the double slit experiment is connected to consciousness/awareness. Lets assume that the probability field "that can become achieve Synchronicity" is "the bible idea of god works in mysterious way". A being with an extreme consciousness would be able to effect the probability field and thereby tweak what happens in nature by control where every particle will exists. Control the field -> control everything material and how it arranges itself on a quantum level. Lets assume that this tweaking is being done every day but that most people are not aware of the tweaking.

From my point of view:

Humanity as a specie is as a whole unfortunately not very wise. Without intervention in the probability field (that will also change nature) the ego narcissism part of human collective nature would have already destroyed humanity during the cold war. Humanity have potential but it will take time until it will raise up to the challenge and be the caretakers we where told to be.

Namaste

We may have to reincarnate in the far future order to experience any advanced evolution in this current Honey Booboo Child civilization we are currently in.

However when I think of the ancient texts people were said to be advanced in the ancient past, and because of thier advanced society they were taken out. Could this be why many say we shouldnt allow technology to advance, out of fear that men should know thier place? Tower Of Babel is a good example of man over reaching and getting punished with extermination for it.

Look at the Bagavad Gita Krishna just incarnated to destroy the civilization through warfare having the ruling families turn on each other in self destruction. It was supposed to be they were too powerful or something like that. Its an interesting narrative that appears in old stories.

In ancient legends the story of Icarus who got burned flying too close to the sun as his wax wings melted.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The Flood was hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Don't worry about it. Civilization has been destroyed umm i donno how many times. It does not take very long for civilization to rise again. Maybe it reached a state sort of like where we are at possibly 616 times?

I don't know i'm just being hilarious.

Hey if i find any tablets or other that lets me know the specifics of this. I'l implant it in your brains through psychonic alpha waves transmitted from an amplifer and you will have all these answers and more.

Even the Coca-cola recipe.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If no one has ever seen this before this should give you a good enough evidence as to why a wooden Ark would sink like a brick.

Even if they used elephants for bilge pumps that thing would swamp with water like it had a titanic size hole in it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
IN all seriousness.

A species made of black matter and energy created us. They were originally flesh and blood humans just like us but different since organisms are based on planetary composition and the atmospheres available. The template is there. But the differences are unique colony to colony. Anyways.

There's some nasy bugs were need swatt here, we set up shop. But they attacked and now humanity has forgotten who they are and what their purpose is. Now when ever they see our creators they react irrationally and in fear.

So the moral of the story is, its not so easy to reconnect to your creations when you scare the bageebers out of them. Or attach labels to them that make them appear alter-universal as if not from this universe and an enemy to all of existance lol or what ever.

Basically the mere sight of them can drive a man, or woman. Insain. Because they are gods of knowledge and secrecy.
Not many people actually know the down low of what's going on. But il let you know my computer has blue screened and memory dumped on me a couple times talking about this kind of stuff. their watching man their watching me like a halk. then computer people. Donno what better way to describe it. But you have to believe me. I like adding humor to this all because if its not funny then the morbidity of the situation is lost in well the thoughts of morbidity

Our species is extremely hard to exterminate. Even in our flesh and blood state.
We are not an A.I driven species, rather. Our true destintion is that of animated black matter. We are creations of phyists that have been in existance for billions of years travelling galaxies.

We have taken on a war like attribute, serving in Justice. That is why the flood happened. We are a threat to other threats. lol. To put it lightly we are the predators of the pretators.

That is why such movies as predator were made, and aliens

Cuz we are warrior species of scientists who have figured out imortality, Since all particles decay with radation. Our species figured out how to embue our consiousness into dark matter/energy. Upon these roles we have began spreading life, but its difficult because of counterproductive A.I driven species that only want to wipe life out. That is primarly out mission is to seek out these A.I android threats and terminate them.

Because they are extremely dangerous, rapidly multipuly much faster than the transmutation chambers do.
We can only have so many soliders converted (Code of ethics, if you are going to be made to live billions of years you need to be driven towards our collect goals which benift all life)

But i have no proof for this. I donno. read the bible or something iguess.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The luck you involve with your " Just nature " conclusion in a hostile
environment? Hostile universe, hostile earth and world etc? Is far more
unbelievable and absurd than anything that can be said about God.
Just nature's randomness to see us thru. Think about the ignorance
of that for not more than 3 seconds.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Local floods seen by people in this time would have appeared to be global but were not.
Also the story is from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

Yes we could get destroyed but by no higher power just nature.[/poleshift.ning.com...:BlogPost:308794quote]I'm sorry but the global flood did indeed happen, the last was 3600years ago and we are in the midst of this happening now, Planet X is coming Champ

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
OP all these things were discovered and are attempted to be suppressed even still:

www.arkdiscovery.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Everything has a predetermined destination.

Nothing ever happens, Without ever happening.

You know what i mean? even if you chose not to do anything, That is predetermined within time. Since we exist within time we cannot exist outside of time.

And can be predetermined within the passed, we can recreate the passed or record it with different methods, even techonogies.
Likewise, As pretetermined as the truth is which truth is the passed or present brought to us and is unalterable but only coverable is purity in its ultimate form. Upon this ultimate purity is the maximus vector. Tho we may not beable to see into the future we can calculate and estimate upon patterns. Sure. But time is defined by movement. If you move faster time slows down. However time does not rewind because you move faster
that would be reducilous >D

My point is i guess nothing is truely random, its a mind trip but once we understand we are always a slave to time the sooner we can enjoy the Presents from the present eh

edit on 1-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

My point is i guess nothing is truely random,

No, that's my point as far as this thread goes.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

The luck you involve with your " Just nature " conclusion in a hostile
environment? Hostile universe, hostile earth and world etc? Is far more
unbelievable and absurd than anything that can be said about God.
Just nature's randomness to see us thru. Think about the ignorance
of that for not more than 3 seconds.

I agree to think we may be the most advanced life in the universe is a bit ignorant, to think we are alone in the universe is even more ignorant. Considering hostility prgramed into nature beings eating beings and such I would consider that humans on earth arent at the top of the universal food chain.

Wether we or simulated or not to deny that there may be more advanced beings out there is as ignorant as it gets.

To think the universe just poped out of nowhere, without forthought into the rules that will apply to the universe. To think there is no higher power than oneself is a bit arrogant. We have nukes couldnt another life form develop them too?

edit on 1-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join