It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The year progressive liberalism imploded 2014

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:03 AM
a reply to: xuenchen

In the context of history, your OP is quite amusing. In the context of the US, it makes you sound like an advocate the "two party" paradigm. That's nice.

In any case, conservatives always seem to declare progressive causes dead.
The temerity of that assertion and the ability to ignore failure, is the core of conservatism.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
a reply to: xuenchen Everything progressive liberalism has done, has failed. All the way back to Woodrow Wilson as president. I think some of the reason is because most the country is basically a conservative group of people, with pockets of liberals. I know for me I do not like big government telling what I have to buy. Or messing with me in general. Liberals always = big government, and big taxes. They have to pay for all their programs through taxes. They always try to say they are helping people but that is not the case for the most part.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:37 PM
I think the big difference is people woke up and realized they are the ones paying for this grand society. Reminds me of a quote some lady gave when she found out how much Obamacare increased her health insurance premium. She said something to the effect of "I supported Obamacare, but didn't realize I was the one who would be paying for it."

While I don't care for the establishment Republicans, the progressive agenda is just getting out of control. The average voter is starting to see how liberal positions on racism, climate change, obamacare, minimum wage, illegal immigration, etc are negatively affecting them. Liberalism depends on mob rule, suppression of facts, and catchy phrases. Jonathan Gruber laid it all out for the world to see. You see the same kind of manipulation with other liberal agendas as we did with Obamacare.

The Tea Party is at least trying to hold the establishment republicans feet to the fire. Liberals are too stupid to see the internal fight on the conservative side and lump them all together.

I just want government off my back. Stop regulating us to death, taxing my income out the wazoo and leave me the phuck alone. Also stop trying to be the world police.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:01 PM
a reply to: Edumakated

"I just want government off my back. Stop regulating us to death, taxing my income out the wazoo and leave me the phuck alone. Also stop trying to be the world police."

You mean like this:
"Republican state senator Don Barrington has authored a bill to ban "

(post by sirhumperdink removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 09:44 PM
Republicans and Democrats both have their own brand of bullchit, some aspects overlapping, some unique. Whoever is "in charge" perpetrates their party's bullchit against the American people until the people get fed up and vote for the other side, forgetting they are just voting for a different brand of bullchit.

It's like if you got fed up with drinking soda, so instead of just not drinking soda you switch to a different brand. Oh they may have a few different ingredients, but the result is still the same: POISON

The American people are the ones to blame, we are the ones who are so easily tricked, we lack maturity, integrity, and honesty and that is why our elected officials also lack those qualities.

Our criteria for who we elect is based on nothing but image and words, not substance or truth. All the ignorant people who buy unto partisanship are soon going to be crushed under the house of cards they helped created, if they aren't already being squeezed.

Republicans are not the answer to Democratic absurdity, they are just another putrid manifestation of the underlying rot that permeates this country.

<< 1   >>