It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The year progressive liberalism imploded 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
2014 goes down in history as one of the worst nightmare years for Democrats.

Just about everything went wrong and all that added up to a massive failure in the November elections.

If anybody didn't know any better, it almost looks intentional doesn't it.

Makes some people wonder if Obama is single handedly destroying the Democrat Party.

Did anything go right at all?

2014 will be remembered for many things. Missing planes, ISIS terrorism and beheading, Ferguson, Russia-Ukraine, Ebola, Hamas terrorists killing Israelis, and even normalization of relations with Cuba. But one event will stick out this year. Progressive liberalism basically imploded for all the world, and more importantly the United States to see. As we say goodbye to 2014, let us first remember November 4th. That is the night that Republicans crushed progressive liberal Democrats in the mid-term elections. The Republicans gained nine Senate seats, and now hold more House seats then they’ve held since World War II.

The Republicans didn’t make these historic gains by playing along with progressive liberals like Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. Republicans made these historic gains because the people are sick and tired of the progressive liberal policies an propaganda spewed by the Obama regime and especially the media.

What Will Republicans Do with

their new found Power?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Funny because one of the things I remember it for was one of the worst voter turnouts on record. I think I heard earlier only 18 million voted out of 126 million registered to vote. Well whatever it is only 2 years.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
2014 goes down in history as one of the worst nightmare years for Democrats.

Just about everything went wrong and all that added up to a massive failure in the November elections.

If anybody didn't know any better, it almost looks intentional doesn't it.

Makes some people wonder if Obama is single handedly destroying the Democrat Party.

Did anything go right at all?

2014 will be remembered for many things. Missing planes, ISIS terrorism and beheading, Ferguson, Russia-Ukraine, Ebola, Hamas terrorists killing Israelis, and even normalization of relations with Cuba. But one event will stick out this year. Progressive liberalism basically imploded for all the world, and more importantly the United States to see. As we say goodbye to 2014, let us first remember November 4th. That is the night that Republicans crushed progressive liberal Democrats in the mid-term elections. The Republicans gained nine Senate seats, and now hold more House seats then they’ve held since World War II.

The Republicans didn’t make these historic gains by playing along with progressive liberals like Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. Republicans made these historic gains because the people are sick and tired of the progressive liberal policies an propaganda spewed by the Obama regime and especially the media.

What Will Republicans Do with

their new found Power?

They've already pissed it away with the budget deal.

What is the difference in positions between Democrats and Republicans now?

Immigration? Not so much.

Taxes? Splitting hairs.

Budget? They've agreed.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Funny because one of the things I remember it for was one of the worst voter turnouts on record. I think I heard earlier only 18 million voted out of 126 million registered to vote. Well whatever it is only 2 years.

I agree that was a possible factor.

The real question is why did "they" not turn out the vote?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Good points.

I think the next 2 years will just be campaigning for 2016.

Whoever looks the worst will lose.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I agree that was a possible factor.

The real question is why did "they" not turn out the vote?

I think it was because the illusion of choice wasn't strong enough to motivate them.

Mid term elections are always weak but this last one was exceptionally weak.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It is a Dare to the Republicans to show that they can govern. I vote democrat mostly. I would gladly vote Republican if they cared about the workers over a democrat candidate. We can't even get our representative to address a bridge that is propped up on railroad ties. School buses, farm trucks, commercial trucks cross that bridge to get to Spokane from middle of the state. Cathy McMorris Rodgers just does not care. But she lives in California. Farmers are the majority on this side of state and they vote republican because of the subsidies.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They are the same, they work for the same corporations. The only difference was gay marriage and universal health care. Otherwise no mater who was in office those other things would still have been the same as they were driven by lobbying money. BRIBES.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3

It is a Dare to the Republicans to show that they can govern.

I think the "Dare" is on Obama.

He will be on the carpet to sign or veto.

Some difficult decisions ahead for Obama. More than ever before.

Will he go against the majority?

Or will he continue his "Mr NO" attitude.

Republicans can put up all the legislation they want, but if Obama says NO, it will be NO.

It's all a matter of how bad one side or the other will look 2 years from now.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

I think it was because the illusion of choice wasn't strong enough to motivate them.

But wasn't the "choice" pretty clear for Democrats to hold on to the power?

Apparently Democrat supporters didn't think so.

The Democrat campaigns failed beyond belief.

The Democrat leaders failed completely.

Big flop.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I agree the budget deal was astounding.

But remember, the Democrats still had a majority in the Senate.

The new Congress starts in January.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Rather than 'intentional', I see it as too little, too late. The grassroots might, MIGHT have said enough is enough, however, the "progressive Liberalism" or whatever label one chooses, is so entrenched in our courts, our education system, our state and local gov'ts AND our corporations, that the 'vote' really changes nothing.

One doesn't fix/repair in a few years what has taken sixty or so years to undo....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Good Point.

Many people overlook those facts.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

We are all aware of the chess game the republicans are playing with american lives. The budget deal waiting to the last minute to dare the democrats and obama to shut down the government. And to add their disastrous riders to the budget. We see the game and are taking notes who is really saving the country.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

But wasn't the "choice" pretty clear for Democrats to hold on to the power?

Apparently Democrat supporters didn't think so.

The Democrat campaigns failed beyond belief.

The Democrat leaders failed completely.

Big flop.

The choice isn't that clear and maybe that is a good thing only time will tell.

To say they failed beyond belief isn't really true I think everyone knew it was coming and I wouldn't categorize the leaders failing completely because even though they lost some seats they they didn't lose enough to give a supermajority to the republicans. The same thing happened the last term for Bush except the super majority was lost.

So with those things in mind it will not be until next election that the entire balance of power is able to shift and everyone is watching to see what happens in the next two years which will decide that IMO.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

a reply to: MOMof3

We see the game and are taking notes who is really saving the country.

Well I'm sure the "note takers" were really on the ball for the elections.

With Democrat friends like that, who needs enemies.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think the decline of the democrats was intentional, if I'm not mistaken, didn't the republicans do a study on the what would happen if national health care was instituted, and a mandatory tax applied to it, same exact thing as obamacare. What they found out with the research they did was that it would be catastrophic to the republican party if this was imposed on Americans. My theory is that the republican party saw how it would be viewed and the results it would have on legislators, the republicans backed away from it like the plague and then thought let's pass this idea on to democrats and let them impose the on the citizens there by turning any democrat candidate into a joke by just shaking their heads and saying remember obamacare , remember not to trust these democrats after what they did to you, and Walla republicans have a clear advantage.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen So far this year John Boehner has angered the Republican base by allowing the budget to go through without a fight. He made a terrible error IMO. I hope this will be their only blunder for the next 2 years. I am confident that a Republican will become POTUS. We need one their to correct all this Democratic madness that has been dumped on the American public. (Obamacare). Now I am not say its all bad. But a large percentage of it is. The Dem's ruined healthcare for all Americans just to get 7 million insured. Do not get me started on illegal aliens, and all the laws that this current resident in the White House has broken.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The 2014 mid term election definitely wasn`t your normal mid term election, something went terribly wrong for the democrats.
Maryland has a long and notorious history of being rabidly liberal but in 2014 they elected a republican governor, This is only the third time in almost 70 years that they have elected a republican governor.The democrats did poorly all over the country.
Did the democrats just not turn out to vote?
were the elections rigged?
did republicans and swing voters turn out in record numbers?

Maybe everything is just going according to a scripted plan and it`s the republicans turn to run the country for the next 8 years? I guess we`ll never know the truth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join