It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP

originally posted by: Annee
I'm raising a 7 year old boy.

He likes My Little Pony. He talks about being a girl in a past life. He has no interest in sports, cars, or super heroes.

He also likes farts and being loud and play aggressive. He's in a home of all women.

Yes, he has asked if he should like boys or girls. I tell him he can like who ever he wants.

I love him and support him for who he is. If I'm going to have fears, it would be that he isn't healthy. He has a friend with Cancer.

You sound like a great parent. he's very lucky to have you. I wish I had a clapping smiley here, so this will have to do...

Thanks.

Years of experience. Kind of on my 3rd generation. Raised my 2 as a single mom. Helped raise my older 21 year old grandson. Now with another generation of grandkids.

Plus lots and lots of real life experiences both good and bad I worked my way through.

Don't sweat the small stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I'm raising a 7 year old boy.

He likes My Little Pony. He talks about being a girl in a past life. He has no interest in sports, cars, or super heroes.

Mine liked trains that could talk and probably was one in another life too if I asked the right questions.

Yes, he has asked if he should like boys or girls.

Seriously?! So it is an epidemic now? Great!

I tell him he can like whoever he wants

I told mine that only a man and a woman can create a child because that is a fact. I didn't want to bore him with pesky politics and explain that it would take an endless supply of poverty and broken homes to supply children to a population of people that think a responsible relationship is to satisfy their sexual tastes or are prejudice to the opposite sex.

He has a friend with Cancer.

That SUCKS! seriously. I share those fears and I wish them both luck.

edit on 4-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I always say: "Raise your kid from the inside out -- the only person they ever really have to live with is themself".

Don't have a "picture" of who they are --- let them draw it themself.

Personal self esteem --- whoever they are --- comes from love, support, and acceptance.

Of course there's the practical side too. Parents are parents, not your friend. We do live in a society of rules. Respect goes both ways.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

We had a gay roommate and a 9 year old daughter/granddaughter.

Gay is not contagious. You either are or you're not.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
There are many transgendered kids. Look up a young lady named Jazz. She was born a boy and wanted to be a girl. She was able at a certain age to have her dreams come true and is now a gorgeous and extremely happy young lady! Very inspiring!
There are not "many" Transgender people, and even if there were, it's not society's problem that they can't figure out how to live and enjoy life. If a person can't evaluate their own self worth, that's on them. Hundreds of millions of people on this globe have much harder lives than this teen. Sorry to be so blunt.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I feel I should clarify some things about some of what many transgendered feel being one myself, as there's a lot of talk people keep making on gender roles, as well attraction. Quite often, and what transgenderism is about has little to do with who we're attracted to, or even gender roles. There's transgendered that can be female and a tomboy, work construction, but still will need and try to become the woman they feel to be without demonstrating any stereotypically girly desires. Why because it's not about gender roles at all usually, though many transgendered do deal with desiring to do things that do not fit their birth gender.

What transgenders tend to feel is living in a foreign body, feeling like one thing, but looking and existing as another. Nothing feels right, your internal self image is the opposite gender, when you dream, you're usually the opposite gender, when you exist as your mind, like on a computer your internal avatar, who you project as if being yourself is the opposite gender, when you don't see yourself you feel the opposite gender... ect.

Then you go to the bathroom, or you talk to others, or look in a mirror, and things constantly happen that point out that, physically you are not the gender you feel, you're stuck with a weird painful disconnect, you feel one way, you can't stop feeling that way, is who you are, is what you are, but are stuck living in a reality that does not accept you as that, stuck always seeing things that tell you how you feel is wrong, but you can't make it stop. Your very body feels like a foreign object, it makes you feel sick. Everyone treats you like a male when you know you're a woman, no matter how much you try to "be" a man, it never feels right, and is very uncomfortable.

You spend much time at first trying to be what everyone and everything tells you, you are. But it's never comfortable, never feels right. You spend many nights crying, wishing you could just be yourself. Eventually you try, to be you. It's scary, you might start with little things, girls underwear, have something for no other reason then to know it's what a girl traditionally wears. Not necessarily because it's your style, nor even how you'd express yourself were you physically a woman, but to have something anything that agrees with your internal self image, that you are in fact a girl. As time progress you go further. You practice a female voice, often getting frustrated, noticing male traits, breaking down in tears, never quite feeling like you have it right. Eventually you start going out as a woman. Your whole dream in doing so is to pass, to be viewed as a woman, to have people treat you as a woman. Not necessarily a beautiful woman, though would be nice, but a woman. So that you can exist in the same world as everyone else and not feel this bizarre painful disconnect and inability to belong.

When you succeed is the greatest feeling in the world. For the first time, you are you, and the world agrees, it's not trying to tell you, you are something other than what you feel, always felt, and felt helpless to do anything about and couldn't change feeling no matter how many mental tricks to fool yourself to believe like others that you might try. When you succeed at passing, you finally belong, you fit, even if for only a little bit. But passing is hard, getting the clothing right, making your masculine body work like a female body, mastering the female voice, keeping yourself shaved, getting the make up just right. It's a lot of effort, making a male body appear female is more effort than even the typical female needs to contend with, not to mention having a body move in ways not natural to it, even if only subtly so.

Often you will fail, terribly so. People get uncomfortable, some freak out, some are outright mean, others try to pretend to be comfortable when they really aren't, some become uncertain, you get the, "am I talking to a woman, or is that a man?" looks. A lot of this is not the other persons fault, they can't help feeling it. I feel it sometimes when with someone not quite pulling it off, or has a very gender neutral appearance/voice. Call it the Pat Effect myself, like Pat from Saturday night live. The unknown and uncertain makes people feel uncomfortable. Most transgender know and understand this, we don't expect everyone to just be comfortable. There isn't enough exposure for people to be comfortable with these encounters, it's not something they are accustomed to dealing with. That being said, doesn't mean it hurts any less. As when it occurs it brings back that disconnect like a brick to the face. Even though people might fail to hide that realization, those that try to just pretend they don't see you as a man, are appreciated, and believe it or not, when you do it long enough with a person, you will find yourself speaking of them, talking to them as, and treating them as their internal gender. Eventually it won't just be an act for our benefit.

What people either don't understand, or don't care about, is that when they insist, refuse to accept, and to force their view that we are the gender they perceive us as, is that their shattering our world, they're coldly ripping us from belonging from feeling normal. They at worst, felt annoyed, maybe a bit angry, maybe a bit uncomfortable, but no one's felt so terrible from meeting transgenders that they killed themselves. The feeling one feels because the transgender insists they are a women or man, is far less in scope and far less important to the individual as it is for the transgender. You're at best annoyed uncomfortable for that few minutes you're with them, maybe a little after. We live with this pain every day of our lives. We struggle to escape that pain, you're bringing it all back.

Now do we honestly expect everyone to be awesome and accepting, or to at least try? No, not really, not realistic in the current climate. But many of us seek exposure, to help promote normalcy so that these encounters occur less and less frequently and that painful disconnect occurs much less often.

Eventually if one can afford it, hasn't found a way to cope without it, we will seek surgery so we can go to bed, take baths, take showers, and live without that disconnect even more. Escape from the bizarro reality we were born in, go to bed, and finally be ourselves inside and out.

I could go on forever trying to explain all this, and kind of went on a tangent there, so will leave it like this for now.

I hoped I help someone to understand at least a little more.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Most insane thread i've ever seen on this site. Can't believe some of the things i'm reading from users i've seen make rational points before.

No wonder some people have such a crisis with their identity, when it's completely micro analyzed as something 'fake', anybody would have a hell of a time coming to terms with it.

Luckily some don't give 2 craps and will go ahead and do what makes them feel happy regardless of what people like that say.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Jamie1

One of "your events"? Oh brother. I really need an eye-roll emoticon here.

I smell some marketing on these posts.

Your choices in life are limited by your beliefs. The "event" I referred to was a meetup group organized by some friends to help people in their community.

I helped a lot of people that night.

What thoughts are rolling around in your head to cause your reaction? What beliefs? Just observe them. Be aware of them, and ask yourself if they're beliefs or facts. Does living a life judging others serve you and make you happy, or box you in and limit your possible responses, and therefore possible outcomes?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
30 years ago in school they were very open and honest about the fact that small animals like frogs were being born with mutated sex organs, at the time it was a "crisis" that we needed to fix before it started messing with people as literally hundreds of chemicals that affected hormones worked their way up the food chain...

Today, since companies like Dow and others won the battle with Government we are told to be "accepting" of a trend in which our children's brain development, hormone production and even sex organs have been artificially altered all while the media poses this as "normal"

It's not "normal" it's called "birth defects" and obviously the people who end up this way go through extreme mental anguish and often later on self mutilation attempting to be "normal" which many never seem to achieve

Just calling something "the new normal" doesn't make it true, while I certainly wont say we shouldn't be nice to these people any more than you'd for instance not accommodate the handicapped we shouldn't be trying to glamorize it or make it "normal" either what we should be doing is getting pissed off and doing something about it, Transgender is just one piece of the puzzle here people... actual birth defects, huge numbers of people born Autistic, Transgenders ....

AND... let me add his, this currently is the first generation of Americans dying younger than it's parents... This is ALL part of an iceberg that many people aren't seeing for the whole... it ranges from this topic all the way to Cancer's prevalence and none of it is "normal" we are being poisoned

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
What people either don't understand, or don't care about, is that when they insist, refuse to accept, and to force their view that we are the gender they perceive us as, is that their shattering our world, they're coldly ripping us from belonging from feeling normal. They at worst, felt annoyed, maybe a bit angry, maybe a bit uncomfortable, but no one's felt so terrible from meeting transgenders that they killed themselves. The feeling one feels because the transgender insists they are a women or man, is far less in scope and far less important to the individual as it is for the transgender. You're at best annoyed uncomfortable for that few minutes you're with them, maybe a little after. We live with this pain every day of our lives. We struggle to escape that pain, you're bringing it all back.

Thank you for sharing this. It's a very beautiful thing for you to share your experience.

Whether somebody is traansgender or or not, their emotions come from the same process. Their thoughts and beliefs, the meanings they give a situation are what cause the emotions.

I quoted your paragraph above for a reason. I would never tell anybody what to believe or not to believe.

What I would suggest is to read your paragraph above, and look at what are stories and what are facts.

Is it a story or fact that somebody else judging you "shatters your world?"

A lot of people, no matter what they're situation, amplify their emotions with the beliefs they have, and the words they use.

Just be aware of how this process works. The words you use to describe things directly affect your emotional state. Being aware of this, and consciously using words to help you feel the way you would like to feel, is more empowering than anything anybody else could say or do for you.

When people say stupid sh!t to you just be aware, observe your own thoughts that are triggered. Just watch those thoughts. Let them flow through your mind.

They're just thoughts. They're not real.

You are not your thoughts.

Try it.

Ask somebody to say something to you that would normally be hurtful, and then just watch the thoughts that go through your head.

Go out to a coffee shop and go up to a stranger and introduce yourself. Tell them you're transgender. However they react, just observe your own thoughts. Smile at them no matter what they say.

There is no need to fear other's acceptance or lack thereof. You can be happy and smile no matter what they do or say.

Try it.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
30 years ago in school they were very open and honest about the fact that small animals like frogs were being born with mutated sex organs, at the time it was a "crisis" that we needed to fix before it started messing with people as literally hundreds of chemicals that affected hormones worked their way up the food chain...

Today, since companies like Dow and others won the battle with Government we are told to be "accepting" of a trend in which our children's brain development, hormone production and even sex organs have been artificially altered all while the media poses this as "normal"

It's not "normal" it's called "birth defects" and obviously the people who end up this way go through extreme mental anguish and often later on self mutilation attempting to be "normal" which many never seem to achieve

Just calling something "the new normal" doesn't make it true, while I certainly wont say we shouldn't be nice to these people any more than you'd for instance not accommodate the handicapped we shouldn't be trying to glamorize it or make it "normal" either what we should be doing is getting pissed off and doing something about it, Transgender is just one piece of the puzzle here people... actual birth defects, huge numbers of people born Autistic, Transgenders ....

AND... let me add his, this currently is the first generation of Americans dying younger than it's parents... This is ALL part of an iceberg that many people aren't seeing for the whole... it ranges from this topic all the way to Cancer's prevalence and none of it is "normal" we are being poisoned

Normal is a story.

There is no such thing as normal.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Your choices in life are limited by your beliefs. The "event" I referred to was a meetup group organized by some friends to help people in their community.

I'm sure you're amazing.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm sure you're amazing.

No, I just was very blessed in my circumstances, very lucky to have the experiences and mentors that I've had.

Very grateful. Once you learn how simple it can be to help somebody who has been emotionally suffering for years and years, it's like you can't NOT try to help show them how to quickly dissolve their emotional suffering.

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I had a hard time as a youth, because I didn't want to be pigeonholed into a gender role. Life's all about pleasure. As long as you're not harming any animals, whatever gets you off is fine with me.
edit on 4-1-2015 by gentledissident because: various

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit

Normal is a story.

There is no such thing as normal.

Well, on that issue you'd be wrong...

There Absolutely is a "normal" way the human body is supposed to function, when it functions "out" of the normal parameters bad things happen.

Don't get me wrong... personally, the "humanitarian" end of this debate doesn't offend me nor concern me, I'd on a "personal" level agree with all the emotional response stuff and can completely understand where that discussion comes from

However some "cliche" response of nothing is normal is simply sidestepping the reality of HOW people in this predicament come to be and ignoring the effects we ALL suffer as a result of the chemical poisoning of America...

I'll gladly mention somethings that simply are not "NORMAL"

Cancer... Cancer isn't freaking normal, that (if that's your real picture) you right now have a very rel risk of Breast Cancer, if you have a man or a woman in your life your looking at a one in five chance that one of you will develop either prostate or breast Cancer and that's god damned horrible... and only including 2 common hormone related Cancers...

And while sexual orientation issues are not NEW like Cancer 100 years ago almost nobody had to deal with it, and it's not FUN for most people, okay, we can talk tolerance all day long (which is a no duh issue) and the activism is a good thing but, but the REAL is it's much more difficult to lead a happy life and very often lately people are being born not just with basic homosexual tendencies but completely off the beaten path sexuality that they will never actually make sense of or be able to share with others and always be in a place of confusion

and it's the tip... this is in all Reality far bigger...

It again extends into Autism, Brain development, Cancer, Birth defects, ADHD, Immune disorders...

White washing this as "just gender issues" is not helping anyone, the "nothing is normal" stance is just an activist phrase to try and help people learn compassion (and that's a good thing) but the bottom line is, this shouldn't be happening in the first place, there IS NORMAL in Biology and no, we aren't a normal society anymore when we are doused with so much poison that we have gender issues, autism issues Cancer and not one single household in America is not affected by at least ONE of these issues today

Get real... Male sperm counts are 1/5th what they were a century ago... There is absolutely "Normal" and the entire population has been taken right of the curve of it and that's not a "good" thing the same stuff that is lowering those sperm counts and increasing the commonness of gender issues is also Killing people, Killing them in terrible deaths

And i'm sorry, but when you don't see the big picture and try to steer this topic back to a personal compassion cause and pretend that "it's normal" for embryos to be bathed in artificial estrogen mimics in the womb your just telling lies, no body commits suicide because "that was a normal way to have to live"

Have compassion, but address the truth this stuff is not the normal one in a million or one in one hundred thousand random outcome it used to be, okay it's like one in 10 and growing and everyone gets Cancer and Millions of kids have mental disorders now and every single guy in the country has shrunken sperm production and 90% of us are eating GMO's with pesticides in them and NO ONE "asked to be born this way" and Most suffer and it's not "society" by itself that causes the suffering it's hard and difficult to be the odd person out by behavior and nobody should want this to be happening because it's people suffering

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Maybe this will help...

The other day I was late. I went out to my car. I barely got out of my driveway and my back right tire went flat.

F&##!

That's what I said.

I that point, I had a choice. I could choose to bitch and complain, and tell myself stories about the stupid tire, and what it's going to mean being even later, or I could choose to be happy.

Guess what?

When you choose to be happy it's much easier to actually solve real world problems, like fixing the tire. Instead of bitching, I waved down a security guy where I live. He had a jack in his car. We had the spare on in less than 7 minutes. And I enjoyed talking with this guy and the experience. Those 7 minutes were enjoyable instead of painful because I was aware telling myself stories about the situation wouldn't serve me, wouldn't serve others, and wouldn't serve the greater good.

The meaning you choose to give your circumstance is a choice. The meaning you choose will determine whether your happy or sad.

Choose one meaning, and the resulting emotion is sadness. Choose a different meaning, and it's happiness.

You're right. We do not all have the same circumstances, but we all have the same opportunity to be happy in any moment.

I'm not saying to pretend you're happy. If you're not happy in any moment, accept it. Experience it. Observe the thoughts, the meanings you are giving things, that are causing your emotions.

Two people can have the same experience, and one can be happy, and the other miserable. Why?

It's because of one thing - their thoughts......

Whatever circumstance you describe as a reason for being unhappy, there are people experiencing worse circumstances who ARE happy. Why is that?

How can a flat tyre be an example of true emotional devastating things that could happen in someones life
I wish all the problems in my life was as serious as a flat tyre....
And it would be totally stupid and weak for someone to be unhappy about a flat tyre

This doesn't compare at the slightest with the racism and marginalization this girl was facing in her very young and sensitive age.
Or with the situation where you couldn't feed your children, or your kids went dangerously sick, or although talented you can't find a job due to racism, or being forced to accept a torturing environment, where you can't get out no matter what, and you have to live the rest of your life in harassment and mental torture,leading to severe depression, or being thrown into jail for no good reason and regularly beaten up by fascists just because you look and act different. or someone dealing with the loss of a beloved one, or having to be alone the rest of your life due to your mental diversity, being the victim of injustice in a situation where your future depends on, obsessed love without response and zealousness, inescapable poverty and zero opportunity for a good job, being harassed everyday for who u are, or suppress yourself, for not acting ''weird'' in front of others and be marginalized and harassed, afraid to speak to your own parents and your ''close'' friends freely and pretending to be someone else, because of the consequences etc.

There are numerous other situations where happiness isn't a choice.
Generalization and judging by a subjective point of view, makes the society a cruel and unfriendly place for some and only adds to their problems.

I was unlucky enough to witness one of my best friends hanged from a tree at his yard, knowing the troubles this person had to deal with, makes me even more sad. I can't get this traumatic experience out of my mind and can't help it but feel sympathy for anyone who has the courage, desperation, infinite sadness, pain and psychological torture to lead him to commit suicide.

If it was in my hand I would try to prevented such an act in any way possible. No matter who is the victim.

edit on SunSun, 04 Jan 2015 14:35:24 -06001PMk000000Sundaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Isnt there some law regarding the age up until where during the extent of a childs life its pretty much "my house, my rules"? The parent provides food, clothing, shelter and general ancestral, famila love and care, and then at that certain age the child is on there own? The reason its so hard to compare 'values' and value judgements and perceived harm and care and worth and 'mother knows best' type things, is, well far starters, it is possible and often likely that parents do know whats best, especially in relation to a youth in the ripe age of rebellion and misdirection and cultural and biological warfare and confusion. So if the kid is not past that age, I personally dont think a child should be able to hold their parents will and best interests hostage. Also you didnt really answer my question, you started to answer it, which is a nice approach, but if and when neither side budged on their stances, which side would you attempt to persuade is right? Do you think the parents views and feelings were incorrect, and you would be right talking them into, seeing them into, even if they can be persuaded against their initial instincts, that they should accept their child regardless, that that would be the correct course of action? Or would you try to persuade the child that they do not need to change their sex?

Seeing as a how part of the argument that came up and a main reason for debate is the age at which this sort of transition needs to begin in order to successfully take place, if the parents do not want their child to go through with it, what is the appropriate level of action if they cannot be convinced to change their minds? A non for profit industry of utopian communities for transexuals, like neverlands that the non legal aged parent trodden transexual desirees can legally run off to?

If you had a son that wanted to turn himself into a female starting around the age of 13-15 how would you react at first, and if he insisted on physical procedure how would you reactions evolve?

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I'm sure you're amazing.

I worked a few years on the "self help" circuit.

I can tell you the message and the person are not always the same. Sometimes they're the complete opposite.

There's one woman who does co-dependency, but is so addicted to cigarettes that she takes breaks in the middle of her presentation to run off stage snd light up LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18835695]criticalhit[/post

let me add his, this currently is the first generation of Americans dying younger than it's parents...

that's true, you should start a topic

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
sigh, more problems that exist almost exclusively in the lives of spoiled western empire kids because they are too busy being exposed to a 24/7 barrage of mutant lifestyle propaganda from birth in every form of media and at the same time consuming some of the most unnatural and chemically laden food on Earth.

Go ask kids in Somalia if they have a problem feeling like they are a girl trapped in a boy body or vice versa. You may get one out of twenty million, and they will likely live in the more affluent communities of Puntland or Somaliland. Everyone else is too busy trying to find food to survive the end of the week or avoid violent clashes between militants. Or trying to make sure they dont get bombed by a drone.

Go tell them about American and Europeans kids plight of wishing they were the opposite sex, they will likely vommit in disgust at the level of excess and spoilage a people would have to be to even have to be in a position where that is there current life crisis.

Lets go human race, I wanna know how many transgender people developed vaccines, brokered peace between warring factions, improved or developed a new technology not related to the sex industry? As far as I see most of them that are taking any action to get issues resolved are focusing on mutating our children and/ or working with femenazis to ensure every girl has a penis attached at birth.

Thank God there will be a cleansing soon. Then these spoiled kids wont be so worried about whether the insurance will cover a spoiled empires citizens operation or hormones. They be looking for the next meal or trying to dodge death at every corner like the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join