It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412
I am saddened that this human being could not even be accepted and loved by his/her parents, even if they didn't agree or like his/her natural inclination. But I'm even more saddened by some of the responses I've read so far. Maybe the day will come when we'll all understand why and how a person comes to the point of suicide in our society. Until then... I'm sorry we weren't mature enough as individuals to accept what you already knew to be the truth for you. We still have a lot of growing up to do.

edit on 12/31/2014 by Klassified because: Reword

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Get over it! Get over it! All this whinin and cryin and pitchin a fit Get over it! Get over it!

Much easier said than done...especially for teenagers and young kids (even the ones who aren't real different) ..... Life can be torture for them, as so many suicides show us.

I understand how this fits for whiny adults though, just not here.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

I would give you an 'applause' for that but instead I will have to settle for a 'star'

Your name suits you....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You'd think love and understanding would prevail in a christian household; but it is Ohio.

You have to adore a society that drives people to suicide just because they're icky and weird.
edit on 12/31/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
a reply to: Galadriel

I would give you an 'applause' for that but instead I will have to settle for a 'star'

Your name suits you....

Me too! Star for Galadriel!

Good grief, some people just don't understand or don't want to or refuse to or whatever, but where is their damned compassion?

edit on 31-12-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately I read this sad story. I support LBGB crowd myself. I never did have any problem with anyone's sexuality.
My thought's will go out to this persons family for there loss and to those who still have to battle nonsense like this in the new year.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Shame another life destroyed because narrowminded bastards and "good" christians cant accept people as they are and try to force them to fit their primitive .. backward views .. more disgusting those saying the person deserved it .. nobody deserves to be treated like that .. she was right society needs fixed .. too bad it will continue its destructive path claiming more lives along the way ..

Yea driving a person to suicide is something to be proud of people .. your barbaric god must be happy youve spilled more blood to sate his thirst ..
edit on 31/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
a reply to: Annee

So her parents kept her away, physically and technically, from the very society that was shunning her? Sounds like they were doing her a favor and neither her nor her parents saw that.

And neither do you I guess.

You are clueless.

She didn't have a problem at school.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I am saddened that this human being could not even be accepted and loved by his/her parents, even if they didn't agree or like his/her natural inclination. But I'm even more saddened by some of the responses I've read so far. Maybe the day will come when we'll all understand why and how a person comes to the point of suicide in our society. Until then... I'm sorry we weren't mature enough as individuals to accept what you already knew to be the truth for you. We still have a lot of growing up to do.

Agreed!

There are many transgendered kids that have accepting and loving parents who stand by their sides, get all the medical and psychological info they need to help them to make the right decision for their child. I bet that child would still be alive today had they have been accepted and understood. I bet the parents are regretting their decisions and deeply saddened now, but it's too late.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Triple post.
edit on 31-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So my brain chemistry leads me to hear voices & see things & I'm a guinea pig for medicine...

His brain chemistry tells him he's a woman & people say he should live how he feels?

People with Mental Health issues kill themselves everyday, this isn't news worthy imo.

The irony of equal rights!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

I watched a documentary about this issue and it left me feeling very sad for the young people going through this. There's no easy answer.

There is a very easy answer. They need to be taught that all their emotional pain comes from their own thoughts, not from thoughts or actions of others, or from outside circumstances.

Happiness is a choice. So is suicide. If more people were taught that happiness is their choice, and theirs alone, there would probably be few people killing themselves.

You could start by teaching the parents. Because that's where a lot of their emotional pain comes from. Let's face it, if day in and day out for years you were told you were ugly, and made to believe that you were some kind of oddity, you would have some emotional pain. It exactly IS outside circumstances that are causing it. Young people are impressionable and vulnerable. Oh yes, happiness is a choice. Tell me that the next time a disaster happens in your life.
Suicide IS a choice. But OUR choices influence THEIR choices.

What if I decide to raise my child in the jungle among apes? To be taught by apes how to forage for food, communicate, sleep, etc. So then it's up to my child to be happy because "happiness is a choice". ARE U KIDDING ME?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
You'd think love and understanding would prevail in a christian household; but it is Ohio.

You have to adore a society that drives people to suicide just because they're icky and weird.

I was thinking of posting this incident as it happened in a nearby community, but I didn't wan't to glorify this teens poor choice to kill himself. It isn't 'societies' fault that this person killed himself. It was his choice and his choice only to cop out on life.
edit on 2014/12/31 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Perhaps you should leave it at "...It makes no sense to (you)..." until it does. I am sure you are sincere but not being understood is what helps to drive so many tortured souls deeper into despair. If you took some time to really consider what people like these kids are going through I am sure you would understand that: 'Getting over it' or 'just accepting who/what they are' were the first courses of action they tried so very hard to follow.

Don't take this as an attack on you, because it isn't.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This guy (yes I'm going to say guy because the article made no mention of an operation) felt the need to kill himself over peoples opinions basically. I doubt very much he would have been any happier as a woman, since woman critique the heck out of each other.

Also, to the people spouting off about Christians: I've met plenty of homophobic/transphobic atheists, so its not unique to one belief system.
edit on 31-12-2014 by IntroduceALittleIrony because: (no reason given)

(post by proob4 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
We have 7 billion people in the world. Why do 7 billion people have to change to accommodate a few hundred? The whole idea of "transgendered people" is bogus in the extreme. It is only even possible to discuss because modern medical science can actually remove the male organ and create a hole in its place, or sew up a female vagina and tack on a stick. In the first case, only a person enamored with knot holes could dig it, and in the second place a plastic toy would be more realistic. In both cases, EVERY CELL in the transgender body either has an X-chromosome or it doesn't. And frankly, in the case of males who "transform" themselves from a male to a fake "female" complete with fake tits and hormone shots and who also decide to compete in sports, they are CHEATING as much as those who take steroids.

A hundred years ago this whole idea would have been completely laughable. A thousand years ago (or less) it would have been punishable by death because society simply could not afford it. This is simply a modern-day indulgence made possible by technology, but has no more validity than a thousand years ago. That some people choose to be hysterical about it to the point of killing themselves is regrettable and sad, but it's not something that "society has to fix." These folks need to fix themselves and realize it's not all about them being a special little snowflake.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

I watched a documentary about this issue and it left me feeling very sad for the young people going through this. There's no easy answer.

There is a very easy answer. They need to be taught that all their emotional pain comes from their own thoughts, not from thoughts or actions of others, or from outside circumstances.

Happiness is a choice. So is suicide. If more people were taught that happiness is their choice, and theirs alone, there would probably be few people killing themselves.

RIGHT ON!!! YOU ARE A SAGE!!! NAMASTE!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Society didn't drive anybody to suicide.

That was an individual choice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join