It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The main reason she killed herself was because she didn't want to look like a man in a dress. To her she would have been disfigured and undesirable to anyone.

Her parents denied her the medical treatment of hormone blockers.

Instead they removed her from school, took away her laptop and phone because she was researching "undesirable content".

They made her a prisoner at home and forced her into Christian counseling.

The mother claims she loved her children unconditionally. Obviously she didn't.
edit on 2-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

edit on 053131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
a reply to: snarky412

I have lots of transgender friends.

You have LOTS of transgender friends? Really?

Where do you hang out that you have all these transgender friends?

I'd bet most people don't know any.

edit on 2-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

We are born with a genderless consciousness that occupies a mass of DNA. When people feel like they are born in the wrong body, this is a chemical reaction. Soy especially damages boys. Soy adjusts hormones. The balance of Testosterone and Estrogen determine your feelings and body characteristics. Read the vast amount of known facts regarding Soy. Boys nor girls should not be consuming ANYTHING with Soy in it as it WILL adjust their hormones and subsequently, their mind and body too. Look at the mostly androgynous south east Asia. Soy makes up so much of their diet that girls are emotional wreaks and boys have tiny tiny penises and can't gain a large muscle mass without extensive chemical changes.

Don't feed your kids Soy, read what you are eating and feel better in the DNA you have. There is no reason for this tragic story to happen again with prevention and education.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: arestomomentum

And before soy products?

Reason for suicide? Soy. Yeah, OK.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
The main reason she killed herself was because she didn't want to look like a man in a dress. To her she would have been disfigured and undesirable to anyone.

Instead they removed her from school, took away her laptop and phone because she was researching "undesirable content".

Rather than guess, project your own beliefs, and judge her parents, here's the entire note:

"If you are reading this, it means that I have committed suicide and obviously failed to delete this post from my queue.

'Please don’t be sad, it’s for the better. The life I would’ve lived isn’t worth living in… because I’m transgender. I could go into detail explaining why I feel that way, but this note is probably going to be lengthy enough as it is. To put it simply, I feel like a girl trapped in a boy’s body, and I’ve felt that way ever since I was 4. I never knew there was a word for that feeling, nor was it possible for a boy to become a girl, so I never told anyone and I just continued to do traditionally “boyish” things to try to fit in.

'When I was 14, I learned what transgender meant and cried of happiness. After 10 years of confusion I finally understood who I was. I immediately told my mom, and she reacted extremely negatively, telling me that it was a phase, that I would never truly be a girl, that God doesn’t make mistakes, that I am wrong. If you are reading this, parents, please don’t tell this to your kids. Even if you are Christian or are against transgender people don’t ever say that to someone, especially your kid. That won’t do anything but make them hate them self. That’s exactly what it did to me.

'My mom started taking me to a therapist, but would only take me to christian therapists, (who were all very biased) so I never actually got the therapy I needed to cure me of my depression. I only got more christians telling me that I was selfish and wrong and that I should look to God for help.

'When I was 16 I realized that my parents would never come around, and that I would have to wait until I was 18 to start any sort of transitioning treatment, which absolutely broke my heart. The longer you wait, the harder it is to transition. I felt hopeless, that I was just going to look like a man in drag for the rest of my life. On my 16th birthday, when I didn’t receive consent from my parents to start transitioning, I cried myself to sleep.

'I formed a sort of a “# you” attitude towards my parents and came out as gay at school, thinking that maybe if I eased into coming out as trans it would be less of a shock. Although the reaction from my friends was positive, my parents were pissed. They felt like I was attacking their image, and that I was an embarrassment to them. They wanted me to be their perfect little straight christian boy, and that’s obviously not what I wanted.

'So they took me out of public school, took away my laptop and phone, and forbid me of getting on any sort of social media, completely isolating me from my friends. This was probably the part of my life when I was the most depressed, and I’m surprised I didn’t kill myself. I was completely alone for 5 months. No friends, no support, no love. Just my parent’s disappointment and the cruelty of loneliness.

'At the end of the school year, my parents finally came around and gave me my phone and let me back on social media. I was excited, I finally had my friends back. They were extremely excited to see me and talk to me, but only at first. Eventually they realized they didn’t actually give a # about me, and I felt even lonelier than I did before. The only friends I thought I had only liked me because they saw me five times a week.

'After a summer of having almost no friends plus the weight of having to think about college, save money for moving out, keep my grades up, go to church each week and feel like # because everyone there is against everything I live for, I have decided I’ve had enough. I’m never going to transition successfully, even when I move out. I’m never going to be happy with the way I look or sound. I’m never going to have enough friends to satisfy me. I’m never going to have enough love to satisfy me. I’m never going to find a man who loves me. I’m never going to be happy. Either I live the rest of my life as a lonely man who wishes he were a woman or I live my life as a lonelier woman who hates herself. There’s no winning. There’s no way out. I’m sad enough already, I don’t need my life to get any worse. People say “it gets better” but that isn’t true in my case. It gets worse. Each day I get worse.

'That’s the gist of it, that’s why I feel like killing myself. Sorry if that’s not a good enough reason for you, it’s good enough for me. As for my will, I want 100% of the things that I legally own to be sold and the money (plus my money in the bank) to be given to trans civil rights movements and support groups, I don’t give a # which one. The only way I will rest in peace is if one day transgender people aren’t treated the way I was, they’re treated like humans, with valid feelings and human rights. Gender needs to be taught about in schools, the earlier the better. My death needs to mean something. My death needs to be counted in the number of transgender people who commit suicide this year. I want someone to look at that number and say “that’s #ed up” and fix it. Fix society. Please.
Goodbye,
(Leelah) Josh Alcorn’

It was a stacking of beliefs that made him to conclude he had no compelling future.

He believed he could never have enough friends to satisfy him. He believed he could never have enough love to satisfy him.

He wanted to be add to the statistic of transgender suicides in the hope that somebody would fix it.

Again, it is very clear it was his own thoughts that led to him walking in front of the truck. It was the meanings he gave things, and the imaginations of things in the future that had never happened. He visually an unhappy life in the future so he ended his life in the present.

It's very naive to speculate that any one thing, or dozens of things, would or would not have changed the outcome.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I'm really not interested in being on your clinical couch.

I welcome others to respond if they wish.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

she*

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm really not interested in being on your clinical couch.

I welcome others to respond if they wish.

Is your conclusion that her mother didn't love her your belief, or a fact?

I understand that it's easier to get comfort from beliefs and judging others. That still doesn't make your beliefs facts.

Any speculation about alternative futures that will never exist are purely your own beliefs. Do they give you happiness or create frustration and anger?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

she*

Why is it important for you to tell me what pronoun to use?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

she*

Why is it important for you to tell me what pronoun to use?
Why do you insist on calling her a boy?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What did the poor truck driver do to her..,?!
Just the fact that he/she would choose this way as
her exit tells me that she had no compassion for anyone else.
I totally respect someones decision to end their life but how about
taking the responsibility into your own hands rather then letting some poor
soul driving a truck or train do it for you..., that's not only weak,but in my book
despicable and egotistical to the max, which goes a long way to explain why she
was unhappy to begin with, many poeple are confronted with severe obstacles in their lifes, do they all kill themselves or blame the world for their troubles ?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: simplesurfer

Just the fact that he/she would choose this way as

Made bigger headline. Got major response.

Got her message blasted loud and clear all over everywhere.

Not just another teen suicide to be forgotten.

It worked.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Your statement that a person cannot control their feelings is false.

Every feeling you have is the result of your own thoughts. So killing somebody because of your own thoughts is not just. Nobody forces you to give meaning to anything.

Then why should bullies thoughts and feelings not be controlled? If bullying is wrong and bad, which I would argue it is. Their actions should be controlled. If they know it is wrong, yet still are bullies, this is some evidence that they cannot control their feelings, they must bully. If this is the case, it is possible that a bullies victim, in the high percentage of cases where a bullies victim feels bad about being bullied, that they cannot control their feelings of feeling bad by being bullied. If a high percentage of thee situations lead to the victim of bullies killing themselves, it would seem that that person the bullies actions, which they are forced to act out, as a bully must be a bully, a person who bullies cannot not be a bully can they, or they wouldnt, because it is bad and wrong, we dont want bullies to exist do we? Is it better for a bullies victim to kill themselves or for a bully to not bully, I know you wont like that question and will add things, but answer that question as it is, which is more desirable. If a bullies victim see no possible desirable environment for them to live in due to the harassment of the bully, and they have concluded that suicide would be most desirable, it is only due to the fact that they are so opposite of a bully that they do not kill their bully, but that would be the just action, for that is justice, one causes harm to you, to the point of feeling suicide is the answer, you create justice by causing harm to them. If you try to bring up eye for eye stuff, yes, I believe that is the basis of justice, and is appropriate.

And yes, it is that easy. But kids (and adults) have to be taught it's that easy. Nobody forces you to be offended or insulted, or feel sad or hurt or stressed or angry.

Even being taught, its not easy, do you really have any idea what it is like to be the 1 kid at school that not only nobody likes, but that everybody actively taunts and mocks etc. humans are social creatures, do you really think its that easy to get by that, and seeing as how many do, are you surprised that even if everyone was taught, as we all are, are you really surprised that some cant handle it? You sympathize with the bully more than the bullies victim and that is your choice, but I think you are incorrect, and seeing as how you are the Devils advocate of your bully and I am the Angel of my bullies victim, I wouldnt see any way in which I would be incorrect wish deserved death to your demon, to let the good person live.

An outside event happens, and we give it meaning. We and we alone control the meaning. Somebody says, "You're ugly" means nothing until we decide what it means.

It could mean you're ugly. So what?

It could mean the other person's having a bad day.

It could mean the other person is insecure.

The reality is those words mean NOTHING until we decide what they mean.

The actions we take follow the meaning we give something. If you give what somebody says a meaning that causes you to be upset, then act out violently against that person, you're acting based on your own thoughts, not their actions.

Why would that be just?

Your theory is great theory, but you take great advantage of the sloppy chaotic messiness of the world, and now when it doesnt suit you, reality is all simple clean cut mathematic function.

I agree with your point. I understand your point completely, I understand all points, but I also understand more than your point, and that forces me to disagree aswell.

Why dont the victims of bullies just bully their bullies back? You dont think there would be any physical consequence of that? Or should a bullies victim bravely accept physical consequence, so their bully is so harshly punished?
edit on 2-1-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

I am sorry, but you do not know me, and I am not smug.

You're right. I do not know you. My apologies for the smug remark if that is not the case, but it came across to me that way.

I truly feel bad for this youth.

I do not question that you feel for this person. My issue was with your comment that "suicide is a cop out." And now that it is a "highly selfish act". No. It is an act of desperation. It is an act of last resort. It is done to make the pain stop, because it is so bad it becomes unbearable. Those who make such judgements about those who commit suicide have obviously never suffered a pain so deep in their being that death seemed the only relief from it.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

and in this case meant to punish the parents who were left behind.

I don't see that as being the case. But even if it was, those who have come to the point of suicide out of desperation, are usually not of sound mind to make choices. The anger they may feel comes from the hurt they're experiencing.

imho.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I can tell you have passionately embraced your concept of life and believe it applies to every other person living on this planet. The soldier who comes back from the battlefield with a traumatic brain injury and suffering PTSD is not choosing to be unhappy. Nor is the mentally ill person who is unable to process thought and have insight into their situation. Is happiness a choice in those cases? Do you believe it is that simple?

To comment on other's postings: Is the veteran suffering PTSD just simply weak and making bad choices because they are selfish and just don't take personal responsibility for their own happiness. Life is not black and white. Full cognitive maturity doesn't happen until a person is well into their 20s.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And the younger they receive hormones the better the results.

But if you were a woman inside wouldn't it be better to be a imperfect woman on the outside than to be a man on the outside? Lots of people live in adverse situations. She/he could have made it work.

He/she may have had some depression, not just transgender issues. And yet I think being so young, he/she had no perspective.
edit on 2-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Its pretty tragic.

But on a personal note, I think she took it to far, I mean I cant speak for her, but if she felt trapped in her life and nobody around understood. Well there I think at least some transgender groups or communities, ie link transgender help communities, and that's just the first link I found from around the area, I am sure there are likely more such groups if you search. And well you know, after a time she could have joined them or at least met more people like her, and well who knows from there.

I mean I personally dont really get what makes them transgender or why, or at least all the theories I have on it, well all of them are bound to insult somebody, even the mildest ones. But ya, its sad, and she may have taken it to far to fast.

RIP...Leelah Alcorn.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I do not question that you feel for this person. My issue was with your comment that "suicide is a cop out." And now that it is a "highly selfish act". No. It is an act of desperation. It is an act of last resort. It is done to make the pain stop, because it is so bad it becomes unbearable. Those who make such judgements about those who commit suicide have obviously never suffered a pain so deep in their being that death seemed the only relief from it.

I think suicide correlates with mental illness over 90%, so it's not just people in bad situations killing themselves, it's mentally ill people in bad situations killing themselves. Most people without a mental illness, if you put them in bad situations, will not be suicidal.

And yet I agree with you, but unless someone has a mental illness, they usually don't get it. They're not mentally equipped.
edit on 2-1-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join