It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fix Society': Transgender Teen Posted Plea Before Suicide

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
a reply to: kaylaluv

How can someone "feel" like a different gender without influence from society?

Can you explain in words how a female feels, or how a male feels?

How can someone born male ever know how a female feels?

How can someone born female ever know how a male feels?

How can one sex ever truly know how it feels to be the opposite sex?? They can't... It's all in the mind. It's their beliefs based on what society made them feel.

It's ridiculous. The whole "I feel like I should be the opposite sex" thing is the height of modern American relativism. My God, now even your freaking junk is open for debate. SERIOUSLY?! What's next, "I feel like my feet should be ears and my knee should be my elbow"?!

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo
Sorry, but you are dodging any and all logic here. I am not the problem. Spin it how you want, but the suicide note very clearly put the burden on everyone else to change their lives because of one unhappy child.

There you go again 'everyone else to change their lives'.....no just to change how you refer to them, if you ever speak to them. If that changes you entire life or worldview then IDK what to say really........maybe meet new people?

Reactions like yours are the very essence of the problems transgender people have, you think it's a choice or a feeling, a whim they may have had purely because you either don't know any better or have been taught as much. It's none of your business what people want to be refereed as, or what people want to live as. None of your business at all. Get over it.

No, I am not going to ask everyone I meet..."Hey, shoudl I call you him or her or what?" That's just stupid and I am not going to indulge that level of idiocy.

Reading along with social skills are required here methinks....

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Jamie1

Telling society that it's okay to be mean and cruel to others is not the answer either.

I never said it was the answer.

The answer is not giving up your personal power to others who you can't control.

Nobody is forced to feel bad when a stranger calls them a name. That's a choice they make. And yes, this used to be taught. Ever hear of "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me"?

It's really that simple.

Teach kids that they don't have to have "hurt feelings" based on what other people say or do. They can be happy no matter what other people think of them.

How do you teach kids that?

By modeling that yourself.

The opposite is when validate blaming others for your feelings.

And no, it's not about being emotionless or robotic. It's about YOU choosing happiness and NOT robotically responding to other people based on THEIR actions.

Bottom line, kids need to be taught to stop blaming other people for their emotions. Of course that would require adults to show them how to do that.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

But telling someone who genuinely feels like a different gender that it's just a fantasy is hurtful to them.

Most people experience many painful reality-checks throughout life. It's a healthy part of growing up. To suggest that we all pander to the delusions, misconceptions, and psychoses of every young person is absurd.

Are you doing your friend a favor when you don't tell her she has spinach in her teeth because it might come across as 'hurtful?'

Or maybe you believe it's best to do the PC thing and ignore reality so that other people can continue to ignore reality.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

What is next? People will start feeling like animals... (some do already)

"I feel like a cat! I am a cat stuck in a human body! I am transpecies!!"
edit on 2-1-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Sorry, but you are dodging any and all logic here. I am not the problem. Spin it how you want, but the suicide note very clearly put the burden on everyone else to change their lives because of one unhappy child.

There you go again 'everyone else to change their lives'.....no just to change how you refer to them, if you ever speak to them. If that changes you entire life or worldview then IDK what to say really........maybe meet new people?

Reactions like yours are the very essence of the problems transgender people have, you think it's a choice or a feeling, a whim they may have had purely because you either don't know any better or have been taught as much. It's none of your business what people want to be refereed as, or what people want to live as. None of your business at all. Get over it.

No, I am not going to ask everyone I meet..."Hey, shoudl I call you him or her or what?" That's just stupid and I am not going to indulge that level of idiocy.

BUT YOU KEEP TELLING ME THAT I HAVE TO MAKE IT MY BUSINESS!!! You DO NOT get to HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. If it is NOT my business, then I DO NOT want to hear about it anymore. If it IS my business, then I am going to DARE to have my own opinion. And my own opinion is that I am not going to change MY LIFE or MY VIEW because some teenager with a clear mental disorder thinks I should enable his ridiculous fantasy that he was born a woman.

link   

How can one sex ever truly know how it feels to be the opposite sex?? They can't... It's all in the mind. It's their beliefs based on what society made them feel.

How can a 3 or 4-year-old be influenced by society to be a transgender? How do you know that someone can't feel like a different gender if you have never felt that way? You can't be inside their head, so you will never really know how it feels. Because of that, you can't just say with certainty that it is a mental disorder.

link   

You're disempowering transgender people if you teach them that other people need to act a certain way in order for them to be happy.

It's the belief like yours, that other people's reactions cause the problem, that will forever cement the problem in place.

Why? Because you have no control over how other people act, and worse, it turns your focus on other people's actions instead of your own.

It's simple. Blame vs. personal responsibility.

Which do you think it better? Blaming somebody for how you feel, or taking responsibility for your own feelings?

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

How can a 3 or 4-year-old be influenced by society to be a transgender? How do you know that someone can't feel like a different gender if you have never felt that way? You can't be inside their head, so you will never really know how it feels. Because of that, you can't just say with certainty that it is a mental disorder.

How could a 3 or 4 year old have ANY concept of gender without some overreaching adult putting it on them? For crying out loud at 3 or 4 you don't have ANY IDEA what is what, let alone having thoughts about your "gender identity." My god what a ridiculous notion, lol, a 3 year old having a gender identity or crisis. WTF?! No one in this thread can even REMEMBER when they were 3 or 4 and that's a fact. And yeah, yeah before you shoot me back with your "Oh yes I can, I remember this one time when I was 3 that we...." I am going to respond by saying yeah we all have TINY little bits and pieces from when we were that young but we absolutely DO NOT have coherent and continuing memories from that early and we sure as hell are not thinking about our "gender identity" at that point. Yeesh...
edit on 2-1-2015 by jaffo because: decorum

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Many who are "gender different" state they're first recognition of being "different" began at 4 years.

Maybe you should do some research.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Many who are "gender different" state they're first recognition of being "different" began at 4 years.

Yeah, they're full of s--t. Maybe you should stop listening to people who were indulged and asked loaded questions designed to fit the preconception. A 4 year old with gender identity issues. What a pile of nonsense.
edit on 2-1-2015 by jaffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

How can a 3 or 4-year-old be influenced by society to be a transgender?

Um, what? Can you show me a 3 or 4 year old that identifies as being transgender? Or did you just make that up?

How do you know that someone can't feel like a different gender if you have never felt that way?

Logic.

How can someone feel like something they have never been? It's like a human claiming to feel like a fish. A human will never know what it feels like to be a fish, because he is not a fish. So how can a human claim to feel like one?

A male can never claim to feel like a female, because he is not a female, and has never been a female. He doesn't know what a female feels like.

If a man claims to feel like a female, its all in his mind. He first had to assume what a female feels like in his mind, and since he has never been a female, there is no way for him to truly know what a female feels. So in reality, he feels like what he made up in his mind, not what a female actually feels like. This is pure fact.

You can't be inside their head, so you will never really know how it feels. Because of that, you can't just say with certainty that it is a mental disorder.

I just proved with logic that it is a mental disorder.
edit on 2-1-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

BUT YOU KEEP TELLING ME THAT I HAVE TO MAKE IT MY BUSINESS!!! You DO NOT get to HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. If it is NOT my business, then I DO NOT want to hear about it anymore. If it IS my business, then I am going to DARE to have my own opinion.

....are transgender folk cold-calling you? knocking at your door? posting junk mail through your mailbox? if not, then your playing the victim.....again. You've chosen to enter this thread, to read/watch the news articles on this issue, you've chosen to act asthough your entire worldview is crumbling around you and that it's being forced upon you.

NEWSFLASH: its not about you......you can either accept what these people want to be refereed to as, or simply walk away and switch off the TV....

And my own opinion is that I am not going to change MY LIFE or MY VIEW because some teenager with a clear mental disorder thinks I should enable his ridiculous fantasy that he was born a woman.

You're not going to change your life? oh that's a shame

(said no-one ever)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Seriously, 4 years old is BEFORE YOU WERE EVEN IN KINDERGARTEN. DO you for one freaking minute remember virtually ANYTHING from that time in your life? Of course you don't. Do you remember having ANY thought of your own sexual identity at that time? Of course you don't. Because you were a freaking child. Again,l what a steaming pile of nonsense...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

BUT YOU KEEP TELLING ME THAT I HAVE TO MAKE IT MY BUSINESS!!! You DO NOT get to HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. If it is NOT my business, then I DO NOT want to hear about it anymore. If it IS my business, then I am going to DARE to have my own opinion.

....are transgender folk cold-calling you? knocking at your door? posting junk mail through your mailbox? if not, then your playing the victim.....again. You've chosen to enter this thread, to read/watch the news articles on this issue, you've chosen to act asthough your entire worldview is crumbling around you and that it's being forced upon you.

NEWSFLASH: its not about you......you can either accept what these people want to be refereed to as, or simply walk away and switch off the TV....

And my own opinion is that I am not going to change MY LIFE or MY VIEW because some teenager with a clear mental disorder thinks I should enable his ridiculous fantasy that he was born a woman.

You're not going to change your life? oh that's a shame

(said no-one ever)

Ha ha ha. Riiiiight. I'M "playing the victim" here. Not the confused child who basically blamed me and his parents for his suicide because he "felt like a girl." No, he's not the one playing the victim here, it's me because I am not changing my worldview to suit someone else's crazy idea of reality. Sorry, not buying it.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ha ha ha. Riiiiight. I'M "playing the victim" here. Not the confused child who basically blamed me

Omg there are no words......the irony and hilarity........

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
To those in the thread who are denouncing the entire condtion of being transgendered. To those of you who simply cannot and who choose not to understand.

What kind of satisfaction are you getting from trying to drive your point home that gender dysphoria is rubbish?

Also, you will never likely change your point of view because you yourself are not gender dysphoric.
It's the same thing as saying " I should have been born a lizard, but I am a human instead"--except few if anyone in history has ever said that.

And have you ever heard of the concept of passing? I doubt it.

It's astonishing to me how ignorant some people are on here. Some of you seem like stuffy, sexually repressed elderly people.

I just don't understand why you would invest your time in this thread, WHEN YOU DONT EVEN HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, and cannot possibly change your mind or understand.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Just so we're clear, I am leaving this thread and won't be back. It's a waste of my time. This kid had a mental problem and so does everyone else who thinks they are "the wrong gender." It's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Episodic memory emerges at age 3 developing long term by age 4.

At around age 4, neurons aiding in long-term memory emerge, math areas begin to develop in the parietal lobe (mid-brain), and gains are seen in visual-motor coordination as myelination (insulation of neurons)and lobe growth continue.

www.lz95.net...

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Or... you're overlooking one option.

He could state his world view, from a place of love and compassion if he chooses, that, "No, I am not going to accommodate your request. Please respect how I feel as much as you would like to be respected for how you feel."

There are more than the two choices of complying with demands to change or walking away. Saying "no" to somebody is a perfectly valid response if that's how how a person feels.

Back to teenagers and raising kids. Sometimes just saying an unemotional "no" is all that's needed. No drama is required.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join