It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Greatest Commandment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

What if they do not wish to be treated the way you wish to be treated?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The commandment isn't to do to them what they wish, lol.

did you answer my other post to you?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

What more can you do to perfect your conscience? Idk. Meditating on the law and/or word and praying for understanding sounds good to me. Perfection probably wont come unto God is all in all though. (Some time after the millennium kingdom or the thousand years with Jesus.)
edit on 12/31/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

we all need to be patient I suppose.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (NASB)
12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13 But those who are outside, God [a]judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves.

Excommunication, I think.

For those inside the church, do what Jesus said about telling them in private or getting two or three members and complaining...

Matthew 18:15-18

edit on 12/31/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase
a reply to: OpinionatedB

And what of people that oppose the church? You must defend what God build that it may not be torn asunder. Remember when Paul made that guy blind for a while in the Acts?

From a biblical perspective. Paul did nothing. It would have been God through Paul. Since when does God need defending? If you truly believe in God, Jesus, and scripture. Do you really think any human can tear "asunder" what God has built? I think your God and your savior would beg to differ with you on that point.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

We must defend the building of God in ourselves, it is very able to be brought down by worldly means, usually very subtle and discrete.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I just finished reading the gospel of Mark this morning, ( the only portion of the bible i've read so far) I don't feel that its a coincidence that I saw this post. Any recommendation on what to read next?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AirTurbineStarter

St. James.

You can read it in a day, or for a lifetime.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Force is not love. Love is patient and kind , does not seek to dishonor others , and turns the other cheek.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Proverbs 13:24 (KJV)
24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Think about it. The things you most complain about are the things you love and want to see perfected. If someone you do not care for does something bad to someone else you do not care for, you likely do not care at all, but if it is someone you love doing something wrong or someone you love who has been wronged, then you care, and you will try to correct the problem/person.

Even in your very post or my own to yours - we care that love not be misidentified, and that is why we tried to correct others. We are trying to reproduce "good"; and the thing that we have identified as "good", we want to protect (so that it can be reproduced / so it can live forever.)

edit on 1/2/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join