It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy New year for Goldman fat cats!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I would have no problem with this if private banks never received a single cent of tax payer money, and had to pay relatively high taxes as some sort of stifling punishment for solely existing as an optimus prime of rich people, which allows a minority of already extremely well to do, exponentially gain more power/money than the majority with very little risk to ever truly losing the basic lively hood the majority of humans must slave a life away to maintain.

Also, I cant believe you guys believe that Jamie is actually a female.
edit on 1-1-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I don't like the "you didn't make that" attitude when I have to buy something. The profit from my purchase makes it possible for a business to pay the bank off plus interest and make a profit margin for the company.

I used to dig chicks with glasses, not so much any more.

I agree 100%. The money you pay to get stuff provides the profit for the companies to pay back the banks and scale up.

It's win-win-win.

My point was consumers get the end benefit of the development of the technology without having to take on the financial risk up front.

That wasn't my point. The money you spend on a product is why it is made to begin with. So in a since, the consumer, through demand, creates everything. That is a good way to misdirect my point, agree with it then turn it back to the money thing.

I hope you can manage a way to take it with you when you die. Perhaps you can do us all a favor by speeding up the process a little so you can enjoy your wealth in the here after. Your materialism reeks like a rotten corpse.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

They print the money, right?
You take their paper money, right?

I am assuming you don't live by the barter system, so by you continually using their services, you are in essence giving them their money back.

I know, I know, you have to pay for electricity, rent and all of that other stuff. But here is an idea, beat them at their own game by co-ops. You allow someone else to live in your home and then you co-op the electricity and then to save fuel, create a co-op of bicycle riding, you buy a bicycle and allow others to use it, but you all have bicycles to share. And then save your elderly neighbors from having to pay, you buy food for them or do their shopping for them.

Complaining about how much money banks make never solves anything. Only by co-opping your resources can you put an end to it. That's what people should do, instead of complaining about banks, share your money with your neighbors, pay for the homeless person to have a place to live, buy groceries for the hungry kids in the neighborhood and police your own neighborhoods.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Why do you think people are leaving their countries and coming here?

Because it's easier to get into America than it is other nations. Not to mention you have all the people that scream send them back but these hypocrites have no problem in giving them a job at a substandard wages that they pay under the table so they don't have to pay taxes on it.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Must be nice to have boobs.

This is derogatory and sexist. Talking about boobs is not relevant to the discussion.

Would you prefer Goldman Sachs give their money to people who don't work for them?

After #ing up in 2007 and getting hundreds of billions in TAXPAYER money MY GD MONEY I want that money going back to repay the money they took in GD bailouts!!!!

Here's the reality:

TARP was most famous for bailing out the "too big to fail banks," such as Citigroup (C) and Bank of America (BAC), which needed extra help, as well as other, somewhat less desperate, Wall Street firms such as JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Goldman Sachs (GS) and Morgan Stanley (MS). But those bailouts were repaid at a profit to taxpayers. Treasury records show it received about $25 billion more than the $230 billion that it gave to the big banks.

Apparently U.S. taxpayers made a $25 billion profit from the "bailout" of the big banks.

money.cnn.com...

CNN was wrong. We didn't give the banks 230 billion we gave them over 700 billion. So where's that profit now?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Because it's easier to get into America than it is other nations. Not to mention you have all the people that scream send them back but these hypocrites have no problem in giving them a job at a substandard wages that they pay under the table so they don't have to pay taxes on it.

What does that say for the person willing to live illegally and receiving those substandard wages? Who told them America was the land of milk and honey? Oh wait, our movies and television did that.

How about we start showing the world the real USA, they might not want to come anymore and live illegally.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

hahaha you think taking criminals off the streets lessens freedom? Well yeah, the dumbasses who commit crimes lose their freedom. That's a good thing.

It's not a good thing when create laws that imprisons people that commit a "crime" where there is no victim.

And land mass doesn't explain why 30 million more immigrants have landed in the U.S. Russia and China have much larger land masses.

You get more free handouts in America than China.

Maybe.... and I admit this is just conjecture, those 30 million people who left everything to come to the U.S. (and not counting those from Mexico) came here because they thought the U.S. would provide them the most opportunity (i.e., freedom?) to create a better life?

Many come here because they are offered jobs at a wage lower than what an America would get for doing the same job. Companies that do this should be forced to label all their products "made by a non American in America by a company that hates Americans".

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I don't like the "you didn't make that" attitude when I have to buy something. The profit from my purchase makes it possible for a business to pay the bank off plus interest and make a profit margin for the company.

I used to dig chicks with glasses, not so much any more.

I agree 100%. The money you pay to get stuff provides the profit for the companies to pay back the banks and scale up.

It's win-win-win.

My point was consumers get the end benefit of the development of the technology without having to take on the financial risk up front.

That wasn't my point. The money you spend on a product is why it is made to begin with. So in a since, the consumer, through demand, creates everything. That is a good way to misdirect my point, agree with it then turn it back to the money thing.

I hope you can manage a way to take it with you when you die. Perhaps you can do us all a favor by speeding up the process a little so you can enjoy your wealth in the here after. Your materialism reeks like a rotten corpse.

Yes, potential market demand is the catalyst to create products.

You buy one iPhone. You contributed $500 to the market. Apple sells 500 million iPhones around the world, and they get $500 x 500 million. The investment bank and investors that risked capital gets their cut of the profits.

Your individual contribution is still only $500. You didn't generate $250 billion dollars. You contributed $500.

The inventors of the technology and the investors who helped give 500 million people what THEY wanted get the rewards.

Being jealous of those who brought value and made the lives of 500 million people better is a reflection on you, not them. Wanting more of their money because you contributed $500 in the entire equation makes no sense.

You think you should get the iPhone and get paid extra because you wanted to have an iPhone? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

hahaha you think taking criminals off the streets lessens freedom? Well yeah, the dumbasses who commit crimes lose their freedom. That's a good thing.

It's not a good thing when create laws that imprisons people that commit a "crime" where there is no victim.

And land mass doesn't explain why 30 million more immigrants have landed in the U.S. Russia and China have much larger land masses.

Maybe.... and I admit this is just conjecture, those 30 million people who left everything to come to the U.S. (and not counting those from Mexico) came here because they thought the U.S. would provide them the most opportunity (i.e., freedom?) to create a better life?

Many come here because they are offered jobs at a wage lower than what an America would get for doing the same job. Companies that do this should be forced to label all their products "made by a non American in America by a company that hates Americans".

Yes, I agree 100%. Victimless crimes are not cool.

Please help me understand your other point. You think immigrants come to America so they can get paid lower wages than what an American would get for doing the same job?

Any examples of this, or is this pure rectal extraction on your part?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Please help me understand your other point. You think immigrants come to America so they can get paid lower wages than what an American would get for doing the same job?

There is no such thing as a victimless crime.

Who conjured that idea up?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

How about this example:

You're out drinking. Your blood alcohol level is 0.07. You drive home. A cop stops you and gives you a breathalizer. You're cool, because the legal limit is 0.08.

The next day they change the legal limit to 0.06. You do everything the same as the night before, except now when you get stopped by the cop you're arrested for DUI.

An arbitrary law/standard made you a criminal. There was no victim.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: douglas5

You do realize that everything in your world that you use, and that you did absolutely ZERO to earn or produce, like your phone, the internet, Google, your food, where you live, your entertainment, your transportation, just about everything, was made possible by investment banks providing liquidity to the markets and VC money, right?

Do you think there would be any of the technology we take for granted if it weren't for the investment banks you like to demonize?

Do you realize that everything in your world that you use, and that you thought you did your fair share for to earn or produce it, like your phone, the Internet, Google, your food, where you live, your entertainment, your transportation, just about everything, is only made possible because people are assumed to work for it in the future? We're simply living off debts we made that our peers, our children and grandchildren will have to pay for.

Did you realize that you are utterly and totally in debt - about 60K per capita in the US of A - because of that stupid practice of us that we allow a certain small group of tricksters to rob and steal us blind? Why, we are even looking up to them as they seem to be able to "magically" create money.

Well, surprise: instead of adding something of practical use to society - they actually do create money out of thin air. Thin air money has no value at all! But because we fools think that worthless paper with some green ink and impressive numbers and symbols on it represents value, we fall for it. And even those that never have lent a dollar in their lives are enslaved, as they work in companies or use stuff that companies make that in turn use that fake money that we and those that come after us all will yet have to work for.

Part of the self-created wealth - and a huge part! - is GIVEN to the greedy bastards that stole the future fruit of our labour from us. They give it to themselves. They don't care we all still have to work for it: they already have it and by god, they use it. They CREATE money by manipulation of a system that once was invented to allow us to exchange goods with each other and that was backed up by a solid amount of gold. Those days are long gone.

So, no, investment banks are not classy corporations that are benevolently lending money to those in need. They are not owned by the people - in which case we could control them. Nope, they have the money monopoly allright, but are not under our scrutiny. Even worse: when things go South, they will weep and say that they are too big to fail. And yet again, we, fools, save them. So they can be allowed to steal from us yet another year.

Bah. Humbug.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

How about this example:

You're out drinking. Your blood alcohol level is 0.07. You drive home. A cop stops you and gives you a breathalizer. You're cool, because the legal limit is 0.08.

The next day they change the legal limit to 0.06. You do everything the same as the night before, except now when you get stopped by the cop you're arrested for DUI.

An arbitrary law/standard made you a criminal. There was no victim.

That doesn't help the case, no one should be drinking and driving anyway. Since the law deals with "what ifs", then who is to blame of the drunk driver hits someone even though the law was arbitrarily changed for a .01 change in what it classifies as drunkenness?

The same thing applies for driving too fast through school zones. Sure, you might not hit a kid when driving 45 mph, but it is a preventive law, which is the same for drunk driving. It puts everyone at risk.

I think drunk driving should be termed as "attempted vehicular homicide" because that really is what it is. Someone goes into a public place and shoots a gun in the air, they didn't hit anyone, but they could have.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What does that say for the person willing to live illegally and receiving those substandard wages? Who told them America was the land of milk and honey? Oh wait, our movies and television did that.

How about we start showing the world the real USA, they might not want to come anymore and live illegally.

I couldn't agree more. We broadcast out to the world just how great America is when in reality it isn't as great as it used to be. We can do two things to help slow down the immigration problem. First stop broadcasting the delusion to the world and start showing how it really is like showing how America is becoming a police state. Second start arresting the people that give jobs to the illegals. And are they are arrested for the third time we strip them of their citizenship along with all their money and deport them to another nation.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I smell a

From the seducing pics, which have been forced to be toned down here, to the blatant spin.
It is truly inspired propaganda as opposed to ignorance.

So just remember, the fed is a GOOD thing to make us ALL rich, we just need to embrace it.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board as ministers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money" -- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it". — Congressman Louis T. McFadden in 1932 (Rep. Pa)

"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs....I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices in doing something terrible and unforgivable to our wonderful country. Deep down in our heart, we know that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected." — John Danforth (R-Mo)

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." — Henry Ford

"...the increase in the assets of the Federal Reserve banks from 143 million dollars in 1913 to
45 billion dollars in 1949 went directly to the private stockholders of the [federal reserve] banks." — Eustace Mullins

This is one of my favorites

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The Bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of Bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits." — SIR JOSIAH STAMP, (President of the Bank of England in the 1920's, the second richest man in Britain):

I could go on and on and on with people much smarter than I condemning the whole fiat fed Ponzi scheme that was created by bankers for bankers.
But why bother yourself with the quotes of these men when you can look at # and hear nice words of support for the bankers.
Deny Ignorance

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

E-verify. It worked for a company I was employed by. Moses Lake WA is full illegals because of the agriculture. We caught several illegal soc sec numbers and did not hire them or sent them home.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That shouldn't be that hard to understand in what part did I use words that are tripping you up?

Backlash stirs against foreign worker visas

But amid calls for expanding the nation's so-called H-1B visa program, there is growing pushback from Americans who argue the program has been hijacked by staffing companies that import cheaper, lower-level workers to replace more expensive U.S. employees — or keep them from getting hired in the first place.

There are far more examples of this happening all across America. Perhaps it's time you ventured out of the gate community you live in and see what America is really like.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5 The Goldman Sachs pay and bonuses, which are for 2013, were handed out just in time to beat a cap introduced by the European Union

these loathsome creatures. how much is enough? how many cars? how many houses? how many millions?

this while billions are starving and/or freezing to death, or dying of eminently curable diseases, in abject poverty. people to whom the 'breadline' is a far-off, rose-tinted dream. people with nothing. and those with less.

i despair of the gap between the 'have - nothings' and the 'want everythings'. what a world.

edit on R2015st2015-01-01T11:15:38-06:0020150am04 by RoScoLaz4 because: change a letter

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Now, thank you very much for these quotes! And yes, that of mr Stamp is indeed an excellent quote, coming from the horse's mouth, so to say!

Part of the explanation how it is possible that man leads himself astray this way is - trust. We are sheep and so we trust our fellow sheep. And to be honest: i don't really believe that the bankers are wolves. They are sheep too, but just fat sheep that learned a nice trick how they could get both money and status without ever doing real, hard work.

I'm rather fond of Kropotkin, and I believe that he discovered (rediscovered) the root cause for our misery - strangely enough it's also the root cause for our happyness:

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” ― Pyotr Kropotkin, Mutual Aid

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That shouldn't be that hard to understand in what part did I use words that are tripping you up?

Backlash stirs against foreign worker visas

But amid calls for expanding the nation's so-called H-1B visa program, there is growing pushback from Americans who argue the program has been hijacked by staffing companies that import cheaper, lower-level workers to replace more expensive U.S. employees — or keep them from getting hired in the first place.

There are far more examples of this happening all across America. Perhaps it's time you ventured out of the gate community you live in and see what America is really like.

So your point is that immigrants will accept lower wages than American workers? And that companies are able to find immigrants equally qualified, but who will work for less?

Is that really your entire point?

Are you a racist protectionist who doesn't believe my friend who just got here from India should be allowed to work for the wage he and his employer agree upon?

I thought you were for freedom?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join