It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy New year for Goldman fat cats!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: Jamie1

It is comical reading the rants of people who have zero clue about finance and the role of investment banking in the economy. Most of these folks couldn't tell the difference between M&A, private equity, sales & trading, asset management, bonds, etc if it hit them in the face. They have no idea what bankers do for a living and how they make their money.

All they read is some banker got $5 million dollar year end bonus but not realizing that banker probably made the company $100 million.

What I always find amazing is that the same people complaining about bankers have no issues with actors, athletes, or entertainers making obscene amounts of money.

Actors and athletes did not send the economy in to the toliet in 2007 and then expect me to foot the bill for it!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: jacobe001

Actually I have a great job and make more than enough.
Can you cite where I did not have enough money?
Are Citizens Responsible for the Government they have?

I detest Low Life Bank Robbers just as much as I do White Collar Crime.
The people running this nation and the ones they are in bed with are cockroaches.

We have 325 million people living in the most free, prosperous nation on earth, governed by representatives chosen by the people.

And we did next to nothing to be able to enjoy all the benefits we take for granted. I'm very grateful for our country, and government, and banks, and all the millions of people working now, and who worked for centuries to create what we can freely enjoy.

It's not even a matter of the glass half empty, or half full. The glass is 99.99999% full. Of course, anybody can try to find things to be upset about. That takes no skill or special talent.

Loooooooooool

She lost all credibility when she claimed the USA was the most free nation

Sorry but that's just trolling

USA neither leads the world in business or civil freedom

I mean really!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

No, it's a fact. You are treated differently from men. Nothing sexist about it. I'm sure you're a great person and don't take anything I say to heart.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The people running this nation and the ones they are in bed with are cockroaches.

We have 325 million people living in the most free, prosperous nation on earth, governed by representatives chosen by the people.

And we did next to nothing to be able to enjoy all the benefits we take for granted. I'm very grateful for our country, and government, and banks, and all the millions of people working now, and who worked for centuries to create what we can freely enjoy.

It's not even a matter of the glass half empty, or half full. The glass is 99.99999% full. Of course, anybody can try to find things to be upset about. That takes no skill or special talent.

Loooooooooool

I mean really!

Yeah, I don't base my opinion on three academics who sat around ranking countries subjectively on a scale of 1-100.

The U.S. has 45 million immigrants, more than 4x as many as any country in the world.

Why do you think people are leaving their countries and coming here?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I think they should give the money to the United States to help pay off the national debt. Then they should go away forever.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Don't sweat it! These are the f$ckers that are gonna get held back and not graduate with the rest of us.. so put a dunce cap on them ... because they have failed the class this go round... you know some people only have to be taught some things once and get them and some are really thick,.... a lot of resistance, you know Ohms law resistance and are becoming obsolete, not moving on to the next level, because they are only part of this level and of no use from here on.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

For the free #!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Loooooooooool

I mean really!

Yeah, I don't base my opinion on three academics who sat around ranking countries subjectively on a scale of 1-100.

The U.S. has 45 million immigrants, more than 4x as many as any country in the world.

Maybe because you border Mexico a # hole?

UK gets a lot of immigrants too and we have a dozen first world country in between and a ocean.

I hardly think measureing immigrants is a accurate scale when geographical factors account for a lot.

Anyway world the most "free" nation have the biggest prison Pop per 100,000?

Lol
Hell no

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

No, it's a fact. You are treated differently from men. Nothing sexist about it. I'm sure you're a great person and don't take anything I say to heart.

Great person?

After the complete crap posted?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm being nice. We're all third world after all.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

No, you can't offend me or hurt my feelings.

Women are definitely treated differently than men, as well it should be. Woman are dramatically different than men.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I know, men are not worth a # anymore.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Loooooooooool

I mean really!

UK gets a lot of immigrants too and we have a dozen first world country in between and a ocean.

I hardly think measureing immigrants is a accurate scale when geographical factors account for a lot.

Lol
Hell no

Yeah, Mexicans make up 28% of the immigrants to the U.S. That still leaves 30 million who traveled across the Atlantic and Pacific to get here, or about 3x more than the U.K.

Why do you think 3x more, not counting Mexicans, are coming to the U.S.? Why do you think those 30 million chose the U.S. over the U.K. or any other country?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Cause by population 5x bigger and by land mass the USA is 20 odd times bigger

Therefore you can absorb more immigrants and turn less away.

Also entry points into the USA are easier compared with a tiny island?

Not counting there are dozens of country between the 3rd world and UK to absorb immigrants

Immigration is a very poor measure.

Prison population, laws and ease of businesses are far better indicators.

Ones New Zealand tend to come tops at.

And as I mentioned the most free country is not going to have the worlds biggest prison Pop as prison is were I am from the opposite of free.

edit on 1-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Cause by population 5x bigger and by land mass the USA is 20 odd times bigger

Therefore you can absorb more immigrants and turn less away.

Also entry points into the USA are easier compared with a tiny island?

Not counting there are dozens of country between the 3rd world and UK to absorb immigrants

Immigration is a very poor measure.

Prison population, laws and ease of businesses are far better indicators.

Ones New Zealand tend to come tops at.

And as I mentioned the most free country is not going to have the worlds biggest prison Pop as prison is were I am from the opposite of free.

hahaha you think taking criminals off the streets lessens freedom? Well yeah, the dumbasses who commit crimes lose their freedom. That's a good thing.

And land mass doesn't explain why 30 million more immigrants have landed in the U.S. Russia and China have much larger land masses. So does Canada.

Maybe.... and I admit this is just conjecture, those 30 million people who left everything to come to the U.S. (and not counting those from Mexico) came here because they thought the U.S. would provide them the most opportunity (i.e., freedom?) to create a better life?

I know that's a crazy thought. And of course it violates the "U.S. is bad" dogma that's recited like a 6-year old who just memorized the Ten Commandments.

But hey, who am I to judge. Maybe those 30 million are just misinformed, or didn't Google some self-aggrandized, academic think tank's ratings.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Loooooooooool

I mean really!

Lol
Hell no

Yeah, Mexicans make up 28% of the immigrants to the U.S. That still leaves 30 million who traveled across the Atlantic and Pacific to get here, or about 3x more than the U.K.

Why do you think 3x more, not counting Mexicans, are coming to the U.S.? Why do you think those 30 million chose the U.S. over the U.K. or any other country?

Do you have any figures of those from Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Nicaragua?

I know fewer come from Nicaragua but there still are some.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
skip to 2:35 for some humor on banks.

edit on 1-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
These banks have been involved in rigging the libor markets foreign exchange rates and all sorts of other crimes. Not one banker from the city of London has been arrested

WASHINGTON, Aug 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said it will not pursue criminal charges against Goldman Sachs Group Inc or its employees related to accusations that the firm bet against the same subprime mortgage securities it was selling to clients.
. Anyway, stop ragging on bankers and start blaming the poor and immigrants. Those are the rules
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 1-1-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

edit on 1-1-2015 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join