It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy New year for Goldman fat cats!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I don't like the "you didn't make that" attitude when I have to buy something. The profit from my purchase makes it possible for a business to pay the bank off plus interest and make a profit margin for the company.

I used to dig chicks with glasses, not so much any more.

I agree 100%. The money you pay to get stuff provides the profit for the companies to pay back the banks and scale up.

It's win-win-win.

My point was consumers get the end benefit of the development of the technology without having to take on the financial risk up front.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

We are not selling ourselves to China. China is loaning us money.

Who is going to pay for those loans?
The Tax Payers? You do know we are broke?

Why is our trade deficit with China so high where for every item they buy from us, we buy four from them?
Where are the promised jobs where they have billions of consumers that were going to buy from us?
Where a box of Fruit Loops Cereal cost 15$ in China because they have tariffs to protect their economy while we have none?

Sorry, but you do not need an Advanced Degree in Market Economics nor a PHD in Business Management to see that the system is failing for the majority of American's.

How do you tell if a current economic system is not working like we did with the Soviet Union in the 80's?
Should an economic system work for everyone?

We said they were failing because they were following Communism and we blamed their system.
A system of corruption and collusion where inequality was very high and only those in bed with the state did very well.
Now the top elite have changed their tune in this country and rising inequality is good.

Stepping Stone Inequality is natural in a capitalist system. We do not have that. We have an upper and middle class that is dieing along with the poor and you do not question why?

In this country, we have Crony Capitalism where there are over 2000 lobby offices in DC, while there were 200 in 1970, and the revolving door between Industry and Wall Street has never been higher.

But let's not blame Corruption and Cronyism which is the system we have.
Let's blame those that do not have the political, monetary nor lobbying power, wherein those that do is where you will find the top dogs.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Edumakated

"VC and Private Equity are extensions of investment banking. Where do you think they get the money to invest? Some of the biggest investors are pension funds."

www.mcguirewoods.com...
“Cromnibus Act” Changes for Multiemployer and Single-Employer Defined Benefit Pension Plans"

My husband's pension falls under this. Is that what happened to our money, they lost it? I don't know why we labored and moved job to job for 42 years just to give it to someone else.

The top elite are entitled to the wealth you saved over the years.
If you watch the stock market, every 20 years are so, there is a pump and dump scheme to fleece the sheep.
We saw it in the 80's, 90's and in 2008.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

We are not selling ourselves to China. China is loaning us money.

Who is going to pay for those loans?
The Tax Payers? You do know we are broke?

Why is our trade deficit with China so high where for every item they buy from us, we buy four from them?
Where are the promised jobs where they have billions of consumers that were going to buy from us?
Where a box of Fruit Loops Cereal cost 15$ in China because they have tariffs to protect their economy while we have none?

Sorry, but you do not need an Advanced Degree in Market Economics nor a PHD in Business Management to see that the system is failing for the majority of American's.

How do you tell if a current economic system is not working like we did with the Soviet Union in the 80's?
Should an economic system work for everyone?

We said they were failing because they were following Communism and we blamed their system.
A system of corruption and collusion where inequality was very high and only those in bed with the state did very well.
Now the top elite have changed their tune in this country and rising inequality is good.

Stepping Stone Inequality is natural in a capitalist system. We do not have that. We have an upper and middle class that is dieing along with the poor and you do not question why?

In this country, we have Crony Capitalism where there are over 2000 lobby offices in DC, while there were 200 in 1970, and the revolving door between Industry and Wall Street has never been higher.

But let's not blame Corruption and Cronyism which is the system we have.
Let's blame those that do not have the political, monetary nor lobbying power, wherein those that do is where you will find the top dogs.

Blame is the enemy of prosperity.

Why is it that people with thousands of posts on ATS complain about not having enough money?

Don't have enough money? Close your browser window and get to work.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Actually I have a great job and make more than enough.
Can you cite where I did not have enough money?
Are Citizens Responsible for the Government they have?

I detest Low Life Bank Robbers just as much as I do White Collar Crime.
The people running this nation and the ones they are in bed with are cockroaches.

edit on 31-12-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

The people running this nation and the ones they are in bed with are cockroaches.

We have 325 million people living in the most free, prosperous nation on earth, governed by representatives chosen by the people.

And we did next to nothing to be able to enjoy all the benefits we take for granted. I'm very grateful for our country, and government, and banks, and all the millions of people working now, and who worked for centuries to create what we can freely enjoy.

It's not even a matter of the glass half empty, or half full. The glass is 99.99999% full. Of course, anybody can try to find things to be upset about. That takes no skill or special talent.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

We have 325 million people living in the most free, prosperous nation on earth, governed by representatives chosen by the people.

Wow, this statement just boggles the mind of someone in a clam shell.
Nice talking to you.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

"We have 325 million people living in the most free, prosperous nation on earth, governed by representatives chosen by the people"

Not according the studies that I can find so far. The US is about 7th in freedom.
www.heritage.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

What banks are charging double digit interest? 30 year mortgages are below 4% right now. You can borrow a million dollars for less than 4%.

Who do you think owns the credit card companies? The banks do and they charge double digit interest.

If there is so much money to be made and the banks don't do anything to deserve their money, then by all means please start your own investment bank and exploit the market inefficiency.

Sorry but I'm not a low life scumbag that would exploit other people for profit. Yes these dirt-bags deserve their money after they screwed people out of their homes by selling mortgages they didn't even own.

Why do you think these companies go public?

To sell shares of their company on the stock market not straight to the banks.

The ignorance in this thread is just astounding.

You're right it is.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

And we did next to nothing to be able to enjoy all the benefits we take for granted. I'm very grateful for our country, and government, and banks, and all the millions of people working now, and who worked for centuries to create what we can freely enjoy.

It's not even a matter of the glass half empty, or half full. The glass is 99.99999% full. Of course, anybody can try to find things to be upset about. That takes no skill or special talent.

prosperity while trillions in debt

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Wow somebody needs to get out into the real world.

I'm very grateful for our country, and government, and banks, and all the millions of people working now, and who worked for centuries to create what we can freely enjoy.

When you get older you will get over this delusion.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Wow. That is very impressive graph. Where did all that money go? Everyone in my little city is broke before payday.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Wow. That is very impressive graph. Where did all that money go? Everyone in my little city is broke before payday.

Same with the U.K where the banks own the pay day lenders who charge 2000-5000 % apr on loans till payday

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
HA! In the world of banking everybody deserves what they can get away with. Its how it works, money in itself is a necessary leash to keep the busy bodies busy while they go about there daily busy-ness, necessarily incurring interest of interesting parties effectively creating conjurations of matter that matter. To spell it out for you, its all magic, a slight of the hand one one man holding a top hat, or a slight of a billion hands in tune, its all merely the tune of the piper and his flute. In correlations redacting from redundancy's, if not revisions are incurred.

Basically if they can get away with it they will, and like everything else its as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

"We have 325 million people living in the most free, prosperous nation on earth, governed by representatives chosen by the people"

Not according the studies that I can find so far. The US is about 7th in freedom.
www.heritage.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

hahahahaha yeah, like a Canadian think tank is the ultimate authority on freedom.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

What banks are charging double digit interest? 30 year mortgages are below 4% right now. You can borrow a million dollars for less than 4%.

Who do you think owns the credit card companies? The banks do and they charge double digit interest.

If there is so much money to be made and the banks don't do anything to deserve their money, then by all means please start your own investment bank and exploit the market inefficiency.

Sorry but I'm not a low life scumbag that would exploit other people for profit. Yes these dirt-bags deserve their money after they screwed people out of their homes by selling mortgages they didn't even own.

Why do you think these companies go public?

To sell shares of their company on the stock market not straight to the banks.

The ignorance in this thread is just astounding.

You're right it is.

Your basic premise here is that banks screw people who willfully borrow money from the banks, knowing they're going to pay interest and have to pay back the money.

Nobody forces people to run up credit card or mortgage debt. People lost their homes because they took money that wasn't theirs and failed to repay it according to the terms they agreed to. I know that's a quaint idea... to repay money that you spent that wasn't yours.

If the credit card rates are so unreasonably high then you should really start your own credit card company or bank and loan money to people at a much lower interest rate. You would quickly dominate the financial industry if your premise is correct.

Or.... you might go broke when the deadbeats don't pay back the money you loan them.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Must be nice to have boobs.

This is derogatory and sexist. Talking about boobs is not relevant to the discussion.

Would you prefer Goldman Sachs give their money to people who don't work for them?

After #ing up in 2007 and getting hundreds of billions in TAXPAYER money MY GD MONEY I want that money going back to repay the money they took in GD bailouts!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

Must be nice to have boobs.

This is derogatory and sexist. Talking about boobs is not relevant to the discussion.

Would you prefer Goldman Sachs give their money to people who don't work for them?

After #ing up in 2007 and getting hundreds of billions in TAXPAYER money MY GD MONEY I want that money going back to repay the money they took in GD bailouts!!!!

Here's the reality:

TARP was most famous for bailing out the "too big to fail banks," such as Citigroup (C) and Bank of America (BAC), which needed extra help, as well as other, somewhat less desperate, Wall Street firms such as JPMorgan Chase (JPM), Goldman Sachs (GS) and Morgan Stanley (MS). But those bailouts were repaid at a profit to taxpayers. Treasury records show it received about $25 billion more than the $230 billion that it gave to the big banks.

Apparently U.S. taxpayers made a $25 billion profit from the "bailout" of the big banks.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What specifically are the banks colluding on? Keeping interest rates at near historical

lows? Pumping billions of dollars into the economy that funds start-ups?

S

So they donated relative pennies to campaigns. The two campaigns spent over $2 billion, and Goldman Sachs and the other investment banks contributed less than 1%.

It may be pennies on the dollar to you, but those pennies add up to millions of dollars that politicians love to gobble up.
I will not do your homework for you, but a simple google on your part will do it. If you are really interested, I can fill up around 100 pages for starters.

So you will have no problem in joining me in banning money backed lobbying since it will not matter?
Are you for Free and Fair Competitive Markets where everyone stands on their own two feet?

Do you have any concrete examples of how you've been screwed over by the banks? Or do you just blah blah blah old anti-bank rhetoric supported by no facts?

Who said I was screwed over by the banks?

We are told that we are responsible for the government we get and the policies that they pass. The policies politicians have been passing from "Free Trade" to QE, to Trillion Dollars Bail Outs have all benefited top their top donors and have done nothing for the common American. Their top donors not surprisingly exist among the top Wall Street Banks.

Do you think Citizens should be responsible for the government they get?

The "bailouts" as you call them that the Obama administration orchestrated benefit the entire economy, as well as the U.S. government.

If the banks shut down the economy would come to a halt. There would be no home sales, no new car sales, no new technology.

If you want a real world example just look at Cuba. That's what the entire world would look like if it weren't for investment banks providing capital and liquidity.

Ok so let me get you hair brained logic here....

Banks # up

I lose job due to recession

I lose money due to taxes to pay for bail out

Bankers who cause # up carry on makeing millions
So what part again am I meant to be happy with?
edit on 31-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Wow somebody needs to get out into the real world.

I'm very grateful for our country, and government, and banks, and all the millions of people working now, and who worked for centuries to create what we can freely enjoy.

When you get older you will get over this delusion.

Hahaha yes, I will strive to grow up and get rid of my delusions of gratitude for living in the U.S. so I can be a miserable visionary who "knows" better than to appreciate what we have.

Gratitude is cool. You should try it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join