It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Almost 2015 And We Still Need The ANIMALS/PETS Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: miss_sky
i'm all for a pet forum, and I'm sure my 3 cats would be happy too!!!

3 cats?

Well that makes it official then!

How can anyone refuse 3 cats?

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I dont think a PET/ANIMAL forum is needed. What for? So people can make up stupid animal stories to take up room on these boards?

I can't stand people with pets!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

I dont think a PET/ANIMAL forum is needed. What for? So people can make up stupid animal stories to take up room on these boards?

I can't stand people with pets!!

You're right on time.

With the removal of the thread to a NON VISIBLE forum, your timing was expected.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I made a handful of threads with the [PETS] tag in the title. But I got distracted by [BABY] and [WORK]...

I still think it's not a bad idea. We have other non-conspiracy forums. And the pet industry is a sixty billion dollar industry in the United States and one of the few recession proof industries.

Plus, work is pet related. And talking about work outside of work gets old.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think it makes sense to have a Animal/Pet forum. Just not in the conspiracy section please.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I think it makes sense to have a Animal/Pet forum. Just not in the conspiracy section please.

I agree completely.

Unfortunately since TPTB of ATS moved this OP to a NON VISIBLE FORUM...I lose again so once again it's a NON ISSUE to ATS.

Actually...Many members lose.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
I made a handful of threads with the [PETS] tag in the title. But I got distracted by [BABY] and [WORK]...

I still think it's not a bad idea. We have other non-conspiracy forums. And the pet industry is a sixty billion dollar industry in the United States and one of the few recession proof industries.

Plus, work is pet related. And talking about work outside of work gets old.

ATS just won't ever get it IMO.

The OP has been moved to a NON VISIBLE forum so it gets buried again.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What do you mean by non-visible? It's in the Board Questions and Business forum. It's also in the recent posts feed, which was how it came my attention...

It's not like it's in the trash bin or closed. But I can see a negative attitude getting it there. Cheer up. It's New Year's.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I still see it via the "recent" link, which is the only one I use...and it's still at the top since it's still getting responses.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I still see it via the "recent" link, which is the only one I use...and it's still at the top since it's still getting responses.

Well hopefully it will stay there.

I Don't really care about the flags or stars. Have enough of those.

I truly want this forum! As many others want it as well.

Thx for the support.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It's also at the top (below all the stickies, anyway) of the Board Questions and Business forum. And now in MyATS.

You could always add it into your signature too. I remember you doing that before, and you're a prolific poster, so that would also make it slightly more visible.

Clamoring about it being moved to a less frequented (though this is the right place for it) isn't going to be helpful to your cause.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
I truly want this forum! As many others want it as well.

Dora wants her day on ATS too.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What do you mean by non-visible? It's in the Board Questions and Business forum. It's also in the recent posts feed, which was how it came my attention...

It's not like it's in the trash bin or closed. But I can see a negative attitude getting it there. Cheer up. It's New Year's.

What I mean by that is it won't get the time it needs on the front. This forum is one of those that Don't get seen by many members unless it comes up on their subscribed list or it's on the recent posts which moves quickly.

As I mentioned recently, I am not after stars or flags but rather the visibility that makes other members aware of the request.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

A pet forum would be nice!

edit on 31-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

Clamoring about it being moved to a less frequented (though this is the right place for it) isn't going to be helpful to your cause.

What else is there but a voice?

Also, not only my cause but as you can see many others as well.

We want this forum for so many reasons.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: masqua

and so does Monkey....

Please upload the pic to post.....I wanna see!

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I dunno... We're all animals, and "pet" is just another term for "slave". This whole "Master/Pet" notion is extremely screwed up, a vestige of the religious dogma that Man has dominion over the Earth.

We don't own the Earth. We are her stewards. Not good ones (yet), but I think that's a more appropriate and realistic perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to imply "owning" a pet makes you a bad person. Most people do it because of genuine empathetic connections to animals. Right on. But the way modern society considers other animals is completely batsh*t crazypants, and the greatest example of institutional hypocrisy. Laws against animal cruelty, while we needlessly slaughter millions of animals every day for food... legal animal testing which is in many cases torturing them to death...

Go vegan =) Not just for your bodily health, but for your psychological health too. Stop being party to needless suffering. Rant over. (sorry Jude, lol)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think the only way it can be featured on the front is if it becomes a "top" thread, in which case tons of flags are needed. Just like how the old "hotspot" used to work back when it existed. I don't see any other way it could be made more visible though. Maybe I'm just so used to using "recent" that I'm not quite understanding the other ways to view new threads. After 6 years, you would think I would have that down by now, lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Son of Will
I dunno... We're all animals, and "pet" is just another term for "slave". This whole "Master/Pet" notion is extremely screwed up, a vestige of the religious dogma that Man has dominion over the Earth.

We don't own the Earth. We are her stewards. Not good ones (yet), but I think that's a more appropriate and realistic perspective.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to imply "owning" a pet makes you a bad person. Most people do it because of genuine empathetic connections to animals. Right on. But the way modern society considers other animals is completely batsh*t crazypants, and the greatest example of institutional hypocrisy. Laws against animal cruelty, while we needlessly slaughter millions of animals every day for food... legal animal testing which is in many cases torturing them to death...

Go vegan =) Not just for your bodily health, but for your psychological health too. Stop being party to needless suffering. Rant over. (sorry Jude, lol)

I actually agree.

That's why I referred to the relationship in my OP as:

Pets and their people. Who owns who? Ask any cat people...

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I think the only way it can be featured on the front is if it becomes a "top" thread, in which case tons of flags are needed. Just like how the old "hotspot" used to work back when it existed. I don't see any other way it could be made more visible though. Maybe I'm just so used to using "recent" that I'm not quite understanding the other ways to view new threads. After 6 years, you would think I would have that down by now, lol.

Board topics are invisible unless replied to showing up in recent posts or subscribed to. That's the problem I have. It's buried to the visitors or someone who might otherwise be interested but never subscribed to the forum..

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join