It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Almost 2015 And We Still Need The ANIMALS/PETS Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Yup, me again!

I have been asking (along with many other members) for an ANIMALS/PETS Forum Since Oct. 4/2012 and I just can't see me giving up yet. Every once in awhile I get a PM in support and the thread itself: 120 flags and 10 pages of support.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

From my OP:

"Many members have pets and they are as close to us as family members...closer sometimes. Fido and Mr. Whiskers just don't belong in crypto or chit chat threads"

C'mon ATS we need this forum for so many reasons.

1. Pets are such an important member of many member's families. We are a community that loves to share and we talk about our pets, ask for advice, laugh at their personalities, cry at their pain and death.

2. ATS needs AD Revenue. This opens up a whole new avenue for $$$. Think of all the companies that would love to promote their products/services with such a large community.

3. We deserve this. We give a lot of our time to ATS and so many of us would appreciate a place to share our experiences, knowledge etc about our pets.

4. Think about the possibility of how many more members can be attracted to the site. I know the old days are gone and many say ATS has changed so much but it is time to see it for what it really is. It's a site for many tastes and NOT just the conspiracy minded anymore. So let's grow with it.

5. If the MOD duties are too much I will gladly give my time until such a member can either be appointed or voted to the position.

Last but certainly not least...

6. How can you deny this?

Happy New Year!

edit on 31-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Im with ya, bring on a pets section!

All the best.
B. V. H

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: billyvonhelvete
Im with ya, bring on a pets section!

All the best.
B. V. H

Thanx for the support.

Any pets?

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not much to say except YES!!!!

Ive personally made at least 10 threads about animals and 5 got very respectable attention and didnt really belong in the forums they were put in. Hers the 4 most recent

Freed cows literally jump for joy at being released from dairy farm into a field

10 endangered Pygmy Elephants found dead, believed poisoned. WARNING very sad

Whales adopt deformed Dolphin

Animal lovers kind act goes kinda wrong

100 flags between them or an average of 25 which Im sure is well above the norm.

Unfortunately I believe the site owners just dont like animals

Im certain that SO, when not doing ATS related stuff is out kicking sick puppies or gluing the eyes of stray kittens together. The fact that they hate animals is the only possible reason that they dont already have an animals/pets forum

edit on 31/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Not much to say except YES!!!!

Ive personally made at least 4 threads that got very respectable attention that were based on animals and didnt really belong in the threads they were put in

Freed cows literally jump for joy at being released from dairy farm into a field

10 endangered Pygmy Elephants found dead, believed poisoned. WARNING very sad

Whales adopt deformed Dolphin

Animal lovers kind act goes kinda wrong

100 flags between them or an average of 25 which Im sure is above the norm.

Unfortunately I believe the site owners just dont like animals

Im certain that SO, when not doing ATS related stuff is out kicking sick puppies or gluing the eyes of stray kittens together. The fact that they hate animals is the only possible reason that they dont already have an animals/pets forum

Yeah, so many threads just can't fit into the forums we have available to us.

I won't believe the owners Don't like animals but I think they also Don't want to see a 1,000 cute kitty VIDS. THAT I can agree with.

There will of course be those threads but I think that the substance will outweigh the fluff because this is ATS!

Peace

edit on 31-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I agree 100%

I actually just started a thread about how spoiled my dogs are and even included a picture. I'm not sure how to link it here but it's titled "My dogs are so spoiled". I literally just started it a couple hours ago in the Chit Chat forum since that's about the only place I could put it.

People are already posting cute pics of their pets.

It really is a good idea and I'm pretty sure I've said so in some of your other threads.

Here is the pic I posted in the other thread. Basically, my dog is so spoiled that he sits on 3 pillows on top of the couch.

edit on 31-12-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: included pic

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Point 6 is a hard sell for sure!

Here is my old bubs.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

I agree 100%

I actually just started a thread about how spoiled my dogs are and even included a picture. I'm not sure how to link it here but it's titled "My dogs are so spoiled". I literally just started it a couple hours ago in the Chit Chat forum since that's about the only place I could put it.

People are already posting cute pics of their pets.

It really is a good idea and I'm pretty sure I've said so in some of your other threads.

Here is the pic I posted in the other thread. Basically, my dog is so spoiled that he sits on 3 pillows on top of the couch.

Actually it was your thread that reminded me it was time to renew my mission.

Where can it fit except in a forum that is Dedicated to pets and their people?

Yours:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Point 6 is a hard sell for sure!

Here is my old bubs.

LOL...Point 6 is the MOST important of all!

Welcome Bubs!

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I dont have any at the moment, dont have the space as i live in a flat, but i will be moving in the new year, back to the countryside, so i will be able have another dog.
I used to have dog until he died 5yrs back. He was a german sheppard cross, but he just looked a huge german shep. I come from a family of animal lovers, so if i need help with dog sitting, theyre just a call away.
Hope to get another germ shep or belg shep. There many breeds i like, mostly working dogs. I feel safer having around, as im not able to move that quick!. My last looked like he was the most nasty brutal germ shep alive, but he was far from it, if i swore at him while telling him off, he would lay flat, head on floor, paws on his head!!, i never hit him once, just swearing was enough!!, he was never taught to protect me, he just did. There was only one thing i wish i could have trained out him was, he thought he was lap dog!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't understand the difficulty in creating a pet/ animal forum. There's a few on the ATS side of things that are newly created,and a couple that are rarely used. If there is enough support,what's the hold out? I would happily post in it with my experiences having all types of critters,and most recently a new kitten for Christmas. I rarely rock the boat but I just don't understand why not????

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

As a man with an Amazon orange wing parrot perched on his shoulder I say we need this forum!

: 120 flags and 10 pages of support.

Make that 121.

edit on Cpm4Wednesday3320154131Wed, 31 Dec 2014 16:33:41 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: add

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well good! I'm glad it reminded you.

I really do think it's a good idea. Have you ever heard from the owners/moderators about why they haven't started one?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I don't understand the difficulty in creating a pet/ animal forum. There's a few on the ATS side of things that are newly created,and a couple that are rarely used. If there is enough support,what's the hold out? I would happily post in it with my experiences having all types of critters,and most recently a new kitten for Christmas. I rarely rock the boat but I just don't understand why not????

Myself as well.

We have an entertainment forum, a comics forum as well as a website forum...Rarely used.

A pets forum will be used so much more than these.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I really do think it's a good idea. Have you ever heard from the owners/moderators about why they haven't started one?

Interestingly, not once.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

As a man with an Amazon orange wing parrot perched on his shoulder I say we need this forum!

: 120 flags and 10 pages of support.

Make that 121.

Thanx for the support!

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

My post in your thread:

"I wish I had my old pics of my wolves but lost them to a move across Country.

Shelby was pure black, 120 lbs and a wuss.

Alaska was her son, 100 lbs and kept everyone away from me...including the postman, hydro guy and even my girlfriend at the time.
Wouldn't even let her in the house until I got home. Someone had to go.

I miss my girlfriend sometimes...

Nice pics folks!

Peace "

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

ATS does not have a pet forum yet... I want a pet forum.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

ATS does not have a pet forum yet... I want a pet forum.

Is that a pet?

Or an appetizer?

JK of course.

Thanx for the support!

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i'm all for a pet forum, and I'm sure my 3 cats would be happy too!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join