It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2015

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The closest I could find about the CO2 injected wells was a press release about the Chester 16 Field from May 22, 2014. That field is in Ostego County, near the Grayling area.

MDEQ Approves EOR by CO2 Injection

I did also find this article, from March 18, 2014, however it sounds like it's about the same wells.

WMU partners with energy company to inject carbon dioxide underground, flush out leftover oil

a reply to: Dianec

Even when we've had earthquakes that we've been able to feel I've never noticed them. The majority of them have had epicenters in Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Ontario. And I've never been out west where they're more common, so I'll have to take your word on the feeling like a fault.

I did also find a document entitled SEISMIC DISTURBANCES IN MICHIGAN, which has information on quakes in Michigan from 1872-1967. It's only five pages long, but here is a screen shot of page two.

edit on 5/2/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid
Oh I felt this.It shook my 2 story apartment building with a loud rumble for maybe 4 seconds.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I am in Portage, MI today- 7 miles due west of the epicenter. The shaking was very strong in the block building I was in. We checked for damage and found none. Very interesting considering the minimal EQ event history here.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum Logic
Yes Portage.Was pretty loud here in Galesburg for a few seconds.
Interestingly,my neighbor asked me if I woke up feeling ill prior to the quake as some people in his building did.Precognition??

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, looks like someone was on their game. Already found this one.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Well, looks like someone was on their game. Already found this one.

Did someone predict this?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I saw it posted as a comment on one of the posts on either the NWS Gaylord or USCGAS Traverse City Facebook pages.

But it goes back awhile to various earthquakes and weather events around the country for a few years.

Here is the Reverse image search on that. I just thought it was pretty comical, even if a rehash of an older meme.
edit on 5/2/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

edit on 5/2/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link again.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well, count me as one who felt squat here by Grand Rapids. *throws hands in air in frustration* I guess not many others did, either, because it wasn't word of mouth that clued me in -- I was checking the news online & stumbled on it.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Hi Nyiah.Yes the 4.2 was pretty much just felt locally.Im right between Kalamazoo/Battle Creek areas.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Lol it wasn't just felt locally. I'm in st. John's and felt it. Smartass hubby asked if I had been drinking. It was felt in mt. Pleasant and midland as well. Pretty crazy for our state. And on one of our first wonderfully warm days!!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
a reply to: Quantum Logic
Yes Portage.Was pretty loud here in Galesburg for a few seconds.
Interestingly,my neighbor asked me if I woke up feeling ill prior to the quake as some people in his building did.Precognition??

Well, I didn't feel ill, but I woke up rather early around 5am and couldn't fall back asleep. Normally I sleep until 8 or 9am on Saturdays since it's the only day of the week I can do it. My wife said she felt funny about 10 seconds before it hit, so she must have felt something, but my waking up early could simply be coincidence. Who knows

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
34 minutes ago

Public ID 2015p332712
Intensity severe
Universal Time May 4 2015, 2:29:10
NZ Standard Time Mon, May 4 2015, 2:29:10 pm
Depth 5 km
Magnitude 6.0
Location 30 km north-west of Wanaka (@ Leaping Burn, off the Matukituki River, South of Mt.Aspiring Village)
Latitude, Longitude -44.54, 168.83
Agency WEL(GNS_Primary)
Type earthquake
Status reviewed
3060 Felt reports already
www.geonet.org.nz...

edit on 05u12212215 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

3.53, 3.0, 2.65 and 3.37 aftershocks
edit on 0500000012212215 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

17,585.65 TTNT radiated energy released, 4 km from the Niger Thrust Fault (other side of Mt Niger), runs west to east

edit on 05u12212215 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Humm…
1. 2.7 0km SW of Concord, California 2015-05-03 22:14:15 UTC13.0 km
2. 3.6 1km S of Concord, California 2015-05-03 22:13:19 UTC14.6 km

Concord Fault

Contra Costa

Watching closely…

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
6.0 10km deep near Wanaka, New Zealand.

geonet.co.nz...

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
You've got 10km deep
I had 5km deep
now Geonet have updated to 4km deep
whatever
shallow

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzy
bunch of quakes just NE of Cass (Arthurs Pass) last evening too, between 6:46pm and 7:30pm
just downloaded the data
2.44, 4.2, 2.45, 2.23, 2.17, 2.52
nzeq2015.blogspot.co.nz...
I'm taking a break from posting the daily thumbnail image showing the NZ quakes on my blog, they are too blurry and it takes too much time on this HP Notebook. Excel isn't working too well either, copying lines of data takes forever, what used to take 10 minutes to do all the processing from raw data to interactive map and thumbnail is now taking half an hour+.
Until I get my Laptop back each day will just show the numbers count and the NZ Topo interactive map.
edit on 05u12312315 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzy
34 minutes ago

Public ID 2015p332712
Intensity severe
Universal Time May 4 2015, 2:29:10
NZ Standard Time Mon, May 4 2015, 2:29:10 pm
Depth 5 km
Magnitude 6.0
Location 30 km north-west of Wanaka (@ Leaping Burn, off the Matukituki River, South of Mt.Aspiring Village)
Latitude, Longitude -44.54, 168.83
Agency WEL(GNS_Primary)
Type earthquake
Status reviewed
3060 Felt reports already
www.geonet.org.nz...

3.53, 3.0, 2.65 and 3.37 aftershocks
17,585.65 TTNT radiated energy released, 4 km from the Niger Thrust Fault (other side of Mt Niger), runs west to east

Nothing in this report actually tells me where in the world this quake is.

Once I hit the quote button, I got the address and part of that lists /region/newzealand

Nothin aimed at you Muzzy! Nothin at all.

It just peeves me that the idiots behind all of this just can't seem to tell us where these quakes are.

Sure, we can go to the internet and plug in the co-ordinates, but even then we still get quakes listed as Tasmania that are actually closer to Antarctica.

Why are people who spend public money so damn STUPID!

What is wrong with New Zealand, South Island, East Coast, or Far South of New Zealand or just something that makes a little sense.

Pathetic really!

As usual, thanks for the update Muzzy.

P

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358
yeah I hear what you are saying.
Puterman and I got so peeved off with that situation we created our own G_L Regions for NZ.
I see this one is listed ( on my maps) as
Wakatipu-Waimate, S.I. New Zealand
Sub area 2 (of 6)
G_L Area 1624
F_E region 11 (South Island, New Zealand)

Doesn't help the poor reader from overseas looking at Geonet though.

If you have high speed broadband you could have a look at this map which shows the G_L Areas
Its a bit skrewed up since Google changed Classic Maps, but if you zoom out enough you can see the regions in different colours.

USGS and GFZ have 5.6Mw, which is a reasonable conversion from 6.0ML.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzy
Aftershocks seem to be keeping to the south of Mt Niger
Ach! Geonet have downgraded it to 5.8
5.7922 Mw to be precise

spoilers
www.geonet.org.nz...

I hope they aren't going to start this mixing magnitude types nonsense that USGS gets up to .........

Sorry for the delay in getting the interactive map with the aftershocks up, blame the Notebook, and my hunger (dinner time)
At least it gives time for them to occur and develop a pattern and the source to fiddle about with the magnitude (sarcasm)
here is the interactive map

edit on 05u12312315 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Regarding the 4:07am 3.8 earthquake Sunday in Los Angeles—it was a little unusual in that it was very loud relative to its strength. I was woken up by the rumbling sound before it hit, expecting a pretty good jolt. Ended up being a mellow side to side one.
Most earthquakes can be heard beforehand but it's usually after the fact that you realize it wasn't a truck or airplane passing by. This one was more bark than bite to be sure (thankfully).

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join