It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirational quotes for the New Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Predicting your future is easy... Just look at what's in your mind now.

What you spend your life building could be destroyed overnight. Build it anyway.

Nature loves courage. Make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.

If you’re not the hero of your own novel, then you need to do some heavy editing.

If you have a brain and a pair of feet, you can go anywhere.

Some people look for a beautiful place. Some people make a place beautiful.

Try to help others, and if you cant help someone, at least don't hurt them.

Now for some humor. George Carlin quotes:

The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one who answers "I accept".

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire."

I wanna live. I don’t wanna die. That’s the whole meaning of life: Not dying! I figured that # out all by myself in the third grade.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.

The IQ and the life expectancy of the average American recently passed each other in opposite directions.

Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.

“No comment” is a comment.

edit on 31-12-2014 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Starred and flagged for the Carlin quotes, I'm home alone on new years eve and you made me realise how I want to spend it.

a reply to: ColeYounger

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
All you need to change your world, is to change the way you think about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

“There is no light without shadow and no psychic wholeness without imperfection. To round itself out, life calls not for perfection but for completeness; and for this the “thorn in the flesh” is needed, the suffering of defects without which there is no progress and no ascent.”

~ C. G. Jung, CW, Vol. 12, para. 208

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."

Friedrich Nietzsche

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Looking506
All you need to change your world, is to change the way you think about it.

I like that one... above...

Mine is.... never throw in the towel, use it to wipe of the sweat and keep going.

And... an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - ghandi

edit on 31/12/14 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I have some quotes for you...said by Mahatma Gandhi.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

"There are many causes I am prepared to die for, but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

"If we have no charity and no tolerance, we shall never settle our differences."

"Terrorism and deception are weapons not of the strong but of the weak."

"Truth nourishes the soul. Untruth corrodes it."

"Every good deed is its own advertisement."

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Man finds himself involved in the train of causation. His life is made up of causes and effects. It is both a sowing and a reaping. Each act of his is a cause which must be balanced by its effects. He chooses the cause (this is Free will), he cannot choose, alter, or avert the effect (this is Fate); thus Free will stands for the power to initiate causes, and destiny is involvement in effects.
~James Allen, Mastery of Destiny

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
#$#% em, if they can't take a joke.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Here are some of mine I like to share:

"It's mine and I'll wash it as fast as I like!"

"Those with little self control will try and control the world around them".

"People cannot change, they can only grow".

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Aham Brahmasmi. I am Brahman. I am the All. I am Everything. I am the Kharmadaya. And so are you. Your just an Avatar, this is a game, a total immersion game.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
“The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.”
― Alan W. Watts

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The following verses were found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:

"People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."

top topics

join