It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review...."Big Eyes"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This weird story should have been perfect for Tim Burton but somehow it fell flat imo.
Adams and Waltz were great and believable, the script was ok, the period style was fantastic to the set dec, cars, everything!
But somehow the pacing, rhythm of the editing didn't work and it just sucked the life out of what should have been a good movie.
It really wasn't a bad film but I can't recommend spending $$$ at the movie theaters, it really doesn't need the big screen. DVD rental or netflix, perhaps.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Oh, that's disappointing, I really wanted to see that. I was hoping it would be like 'Ed Wood', which was great.
Thanks for the review, olaru, much appreciated.

B x

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Rarely would a movie cause me to splurge and go see it at the theatre,and right now that money is reserved for Wild,starring Reece Witherspoon. This movie though would have been a runner up as Margaret's artwork graced my bedroom walls in early childhood and most of my friends. It's just something that will always remind me of being a kid,and nothing sells like nostalgia. I will definitely wait for the dvd though. Thanks Olaru.

new topics

join