It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Going to Target To Shop Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

I tried to ignore this but twice is too much... fiction vs actual persons. Really?

Okay. Annie was originally white, and has been since what? The 1920's? Why change something that doesn't need changing? If someone changed a black fictional character there would be fits.. Let's do a reboot of the Cosby show with an all white cast. Let's make Dr. Huxtable and all of his children white.

Watch the African American community go up in arms faster than you can say 'puddinpop.'
Seems as you want to be picky about it.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Aw, well then make more non-white characters and quit bawling about it, resolved! When are people going to stop being such babies, wow.

Lol it's actually almost becoming funny in a pathetic kind of way.

edit on 31-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

>Almost 2015
>still shopping at big box corporate stores.

Get on my level, son.
edit on 31-12-2014 by DrJunk because: Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

Aw, well then make more non-white characters and quit bawling about it, resolved! When are people going to stop being such babies, wow.

You mean like this?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

If someone changed a black fictional character there would be fits.

Lol just mentioning a hypothetical scenario in which this occurring is suggested caused a fit. (see response to Fat Albert suggestion. The hatred for whitey is strong in that one)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sure... Bill Cosby controversy aside, let's change one of the only successful tv shows depicting a black family as affluent.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Doesn't bother me, why would I pitch a fit about that? The double-standard is the problem, not "Annie". But whatever, keep crying about it and see how many people give less of a crap. This nonsense is being beaten to death.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Doesn't bother me, why would I pitch a fit about that? The double-standard is the problem, not "Annie". But whatever, keep crying about it and see how many people give less of a crap. This nonsense is being beaten to death.

What are you talking about right now? I'm actually glad that seeing a black Annie doesn't bother you, but that's not why I posted the image.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I'm sure that's entirely due to lack of effort...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You posted in response to -

Aw, well then make more non-white characters and quit bawling about it

So you post a pic of black Annie, which wasn't created as a black character, to somehow prove a point. Lol. Again, makes no difference to me, but copying something and creating something are 2 different things.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I didn't post a picture of Black Annie. I posted a picture of Annie. Annie is a black character. You can see it on the cover of that movie.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm sure that's entirely due to lack of effort...

Yeah yeah I know, whitey held them down for eons and now even still do because affirmative action, special grats, their own racist T.V. channel, oh and even having a black president doesn't seem to help, etc. Nothing will ever be enough for these horribly oppressed people. Same old sob story being beaten to death.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

I didn't post a picture of Black Annie. I posted a picture of Annie. Annie is a black character. You can see it on the cover of that movie.

Uh huh, Annie is a black character, whatever you say. Next week when the white version of Fat Albert comes out, I'll be sure to post a pic of the new Fat Albert to prove to you that Fat Albert is white, lol. You really are that clueless, aren't you? Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

their own racist T.V. channel

You know BET is owned by this guy, right?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

edit on 12/31/2014 by Kali74 because: bad Kali

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

Uh huh, Annie is a black character, whatever you say. Next week when the white version of Fat Albert comes out, I'll be sure to post a pic of the new Fat Albert to prove to you that Fat Albert is white, lol. You really are that clueless, aren't you? Sheesh.

Seeing as Bill Cosby owns the rights to Fat Albert, that probably isn't going to happen, but I applaud you for your effort. And if you post a picture of a white interpretation of Fat Albert, he would still simply be Fat Albert, not White Fat Albert.
edit on 31-12-2014 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

link   

That's nice, and your point? I never said there weren't white racists still. I don't care what color you are, there should not be a separate channel devoted to a specific race. It's racist and also a form of segregation.

link   
I just don't understand why people have to remake things, let alone with a different colored cast. Like, why can't people come up with their own ideas, and stop riding on the coattails of the ideas of others?

I'm not offended that Annie is now black, I'm just confused as to why. Why the movie apparently needed to be remade, and why they felt the need to change the color of such an iconic character? Everyone knows Annie as being a redheaded white girl. It would be like remaking Shirley Temple movies and making her black. It would be no longer recognizable as Shirley Temple. You know what I mean? Don't try to fix something that isn't broken.

AND, the director had to of known that there would be controversy about it. Why put your cast through that?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

That's nice, and your point? I never said there weren't white racists still. I don't care what color you are, there should not be a separate channel devoted to a specific race. It's racist and also a form of segregation.

Why? Are you forbidden from watching it because of the color of your skin, or does none of the programing mean anything to you because the majority of the people on that channel are black.

Or wait... you just found out what it's like to be a minority.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You never know, Bill Cosby is considered an "uncle tom" by many in the black community for seemingly being too "white". He might approve, many people within the black community crapped all over him. He may even be desperate for a buck since the rape allegations.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join