It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Going to Target To Shop Today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
How did Target stand up to anybody? I find it odd that the rest of what Target had to say was left off

As for the involvement of Quvenzhane Wallis, we had conversations with her team about being in the campaign, but ultimately it did not come to fruition. Fortunately, we had the pleasure of working with Ms. Wallis a number of times, including appearances at Target's sales meeting in September and a launch event in New York City in November. We had a great experience working with Ms. Wallis and appreciate her efforts in promoting this collection.

So in other words they tried but, failed to get the girl from the film. Which they explain. So is saying you failed standing up to somebody? Of course if people like the OP keep posting about it, then it could end up becoming a story with some traction and Target will end up killing the entire line and rebranding.

Target rejected the demand for an apology from a race-baiting attention whore who claimed the ad deflated her daughter's self-esteem.

I think that's a major victory for common sense, and a major defeat for the "I'm offended, so you need to change what you're doing" culture that wants everything their way.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Everyone please return the discussion to the thread topic. This thread is not about anyone's avatar or account history nor is it about attacking fellow members.

If you have an issue, please use the "alert" feature. Otherwise, keep responses to this thread based on the topic and not each other.

Further posts after this notice that are off topic will be removed.

Thank you and happy posting!

[Do not reply to this post].

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Looking at all the ads and the commercial I see white girls, black girls, asian girls, etc. Apparently they tried to get the Annie actress for the ads but they could not work out a deal. People complaining are hyper focused on one picture of a white girl in the red dress. Get over it. Target did just fine. If I hadn't known the pics were for Annie, I might have thought they were for American Girl, which offers a very diverse range of dolls and toys. Target is also known for including Downs kids in their ad campaigns, I love that!

edit on 31-12-2014 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here's the update...

Target tried to get the black actress for their ads. She DECLINED doing the ads.

Black woman complains that ads are not "fair" and demands Target remove the ads. She starts an online petition.

MSM sees chance to drive traffic and pick up ad revenue with race-baiting, story based on total ignorance. Once MSM picked up story, online petition jumped to 10,000 signatures demanding that Target not "disrespect" actress who refused to appear in the ads.

Same pattern as the "Hand up, don't shoot" story that was proven to have never happened. The reason the black actress wasn't in the ads was because SHE decided NOT to be in the ads. But hey, why let that stop the race-baiting?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think the most frighting aspect of this entire discussion is that some people out there are so massively influenced and hyper-sensitive about marketing campaigns regardless the race, class, creed, etc...of the models used within.

It's marketing for chrissakes! Designed to attract the broadest swath of customers to the product.

If the product is crap - who cares what color the model is?

No offense to Target, but I get better quality clothing at the thrift stores for a fifth of the markup and I'll guarantee I'll look much more like a ragamuffin Annie-esque orphan than any brand spankin' new product line fresh off the rack.

OP is right. It's about whiny entitled people. Not race.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

OK An from whence will all the redheaded gingers start there complaints aghast that there were no redheaded actors /models considered for this campaign?
FROM NOWHERE.
I watched a low budget movie called BLACKULA ONCE .
I DID not except all future Draculla pariphinallia to be the exclusive domain of people of African extract.
WELL That's a lie because we are all of African Extract.

As far as race colour or creed I am an always have been colour blind,

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yeah I am fed up of all these stupid people claiming racism.

They all throw it in our faces on a daily basis now.

Slavery stopped long ago....but you can't please some people!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I have to agree with you on this. Complaining that the girl in the adds is not black like the movie is totally racist in itself. A person is a person and if a black person feels poorly represented by a white person then that is their own problem and to incite an action against it is to incite racism.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I have to agree with you on this. Complaining that the girl in the adds is not black like the movie is totally racist in itself. A person is a person and if a black person feels poorly represented by a white person then that is their own problem and to incite an action against it is to incite racism.

Someone gets it!

It's really not that hard. It's just the "cool" thing now days to hate on whitey, and be racist assholes, even the MSM encourages it. I hope this stupid fad ends soon because it's way out of hand.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I doubt if I'll be shopping at Target. This controversy means nothing to me, I just hate big box corporate rip off prices for second rate products and crappy service.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I doubt if I'll be shopping at Target. This controversy means nothing to me, I just hate big box corporate rip off prices for second rate products and crappy service.

The market disagrees. $72 billion spent at Target stores in 2013 because people like the products, convenience, variety, and service.

Now I love Target even more because they thumbed their nose at whiny, entitled race-baiting attention whore trying to stir up more racial problems based on her complete ignorance of the situation. She should start a petition demanding the black actress be forced to appear in the Target ads. It's the actress who chose not to be in the ads, not Target.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

I tried to ignore this but twice is too much... fiction vs actual persons. Really?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

The market disagrees. $72 billion spent at Target stores in 2013 because people like the products, convenience, variety, and service.

I don't particularly care what the market, you or the status quo thinks. I can determine for myself where I want to spend my hard earned dollars and it's not ****** Target.

I also don't give a **** about your goofy crusade.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

I don't particularly care what the market, you or the status quo thinks. I can determine for myself where I want to spend my hard earned dollars and it's not ****** Target.

I also don't give a **** about your goofy crusade.

Of course you can pay more for less variety and go out of your way to visit 5 stores instead of one. I thank you for your participation in this thread that you don't give a **** about it.

I still love Target. I'm drinking my latte now that I got there, along with my groceries and cat food. The workers were incredibly friendly, and diverse. Young, old, black, brown, yellow, white... old and young.

Did you know Target employees 371,000 people? And is ranked 22nd in the world's most admired companies?

That's why it's total bullsh#t that some dumbass entitled black woman is trying to wrongfully attack an organization based HER racism and ignorance, not Target's.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Wow.... just wow. Typical, from page one of the liberal playbook. When race-baiting is exposed, ACCUSE the messenger or race-baiting.

Page one of the racist handbook, anyone who dares to talk about racism shall be painted as a race-baiter.

Congrats btw, you sure showed that woman who won't ever know of your bravery in these trying times of being white. Nor will Target know or care. But yaaaay you, your non-racist support is truly appreciated by the Chinese slave laborers that should be Americans earning decent incomes to support their families.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I tried to ignore this but twice is too much... fiction vs actual persons. Really?

Not to fan the flames, but what about...say....Fat Albert as a white guy? I don't think that would fly, lol just sayin.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Is it just me or is this thread starting to read like a veiled advertisement?

Seriously.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: Kali74

Not to fan the flames, but what about...say....Fat Albert as a white guy? I don't think that would fly, lol just sayin.

Yeah, cuz that's what we need...

...more white characters.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join