It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm Going to Target To Shop Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Black woman complains that Target using a white model for Annie ads isn't cool because current Annie in the movie is black.

She demanded Target apologize for this affront to her race.

Target's reply:

At Target, we appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests. We’re proud of our Annie for Target collection, which was inspired by the recently released remake of the family classic and designed by the film’s costume designer. The limited-time only collection launched Nov. 16 and is currently marked down, making way for new merchandise in 2015.

With regard to the marketing of the collection, girls from a variety of backgrounds were featured within the campaign, reflecting that anyone can embody the spirit and character of Annie.

Target 1, Race Baiting Mom and MSM 0

I'm not going to post the link to the story. They don't deserve additional traffic and ad revenue for race baiting.

I'm going to Target to buy groceries and get a latte.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 1/1/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I wasn't even aware that this was an issue until you posted the followup reply.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Target: ...reflecting that anyone can embody the spirit and character of Annie.

Even a white kid!

Thanks, Target!
edit on 31-12-2014 by DrJunk because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I wasn't even aware that this was an issue until you posted the followup reply.

Yes, it's apparently an issue because a character who was originally white, is now black in a movie, and some woman demanded Target apologize because they used a white model in an ad. Allegedly her daughter saw the ad and said something like,"Mommy, Target used a white girl instead of a black girl. Does that mean I'm not good enough?"

I applaud Target for not caving to the race baiting attempt to stir up trouble where there is none.

I am going to visit Target today and buy stuff there in a small show of support for them not caving to the "oooh.... something offended me.... you better change what you're doing!" world we've devolved into.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Can I buy a shirt from Target like you are wearing in your avatar pic? I want one for my wife! I love seeing through shirts...sexy!

Anyways, where was I?? Oh yes, Target! I do shop there but the issue is, they don't supply tons of groceries there...I can't buy a lot of things there that is at Giant Eagle or Wal-Mart (yuck!)...

But I will shop there more now, I love when bug business stands up for what they say or do...Not cave like a sissy! Good post OP!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrJunk

Target: ...reflecting that anyone can embody the spirit and character of Annie.

Even a white kid!

Thanks, Target!

What? You think there are not white kids in foster homes or orphanages?

There were 164,971 white children in foster care in 2012. That's 42% of all kids in foster care.

The site's motto is Deny Ignorance, not demonstrate it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

Can I buy a shirt from Target like you are wearing in your avatar pic? I want one for my wife! I love seeing through shirts...sexy!

Star for posting what I didn't have the balls to say.

Jamie - I'll take a tall vanilla latte (Oh!, that might be racist!!)

Oh well.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

And after you finish shopping, could I buy you lunch and perhaps a movie afterwards?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh I get the gist of what's going on. It just wasn't on my radar as something I should care about. A woman being stupid. Check. A corporation standing by its decision. Check. Alright, time to move on.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Black woman complains that Target using a white model for Annie ads isn't cool because current Annie in the movie is black.

Target's reply:

At Target, we appreciate the opportunity to hear from our guests. We’re proud of our Annie for Target collection, which was inspired by the recently released remake of the family classic and designed by the film’s costume designer. The limited-time only collection launched Nov. 16 and is currently marked down, making way for new merchandise in 2015.

With regard to the marketing of the collection, girls from a variety of backgrounds were featured within the campaign, reflecting that anyone can embody the spirit and character of Annie.

I'm not going to post the link to the story. They don't deserve additional traffic and ad revenue for race baiting.

why does the opinion of this one person, affect you so much as to bring it up for discussion on ATS?...I'm sure I can find one white woman somewhere, who would say nothing would be better than to kill all black people....there are going to be crazy, fringe people, out of a country with a 330 million population.....they do not represent the vast majority.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

Target's reply:

why does the opinion of this one person, affect you so much as to bring it up for discussion on ATS?...I'm sure I can find one white woman somewhere, who would say nothing would be better than to kill all black people....there are going to be crazy, fringe people, out of a country with a 330 million population.....they do not represent the vast majority.

My dear, you missed the point.

The point isn't the woman's self-centered entitlement mentality. It's that a major corporation had the balls to stand up to a race-baiting attention whore using her daughter's alleged "offense" to put herself into the spotlight.

That's what I'm thrilled about today. Go Target! Yeah!!!

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Hate to burst your bubble Chrisfishenstein, but that particular picture has been around since before 2009 and is definitely not a picture of the member Jamie1.

From what I gathered, it is just a picture (and very attractive) used as an attention grabbing start to a bunk thread and subject. Now, I am not one to stab conspiracies in the neck, but I will tell you that this avatar isn't genuine and has been used all over the 'net in various forms and on various sites.

Want proof? Proof is in the pudding!

Even I was smitten at first...but didn't catch on until I saw the join date. Those with sultry avatars usually aren't who them seem. Nothing wrong with having a good looking avatar, but don't let it sway your thoughts on the matter.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

Nice!

Perhaps Jamie1 'works' for Target...

dun Dun DUNNNNN!!!

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Why is Annie black now?

Can the next movie that features someone who was originally black, like Rosa Parks, or MLK, or Mandela, be white next time? I think some diversity in those areas would be nice, too.

Or would that be "racist"?

Just wondering....

edit on 12/31/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Like I said, nothing wrong with having a great looking avatar. I just wouldn't let it sway my opinion. Especially since we know there have been and currently will be plenty of members on here from the MSM that will try and start problems.

Not saying you are anything of the sort Jamie1. I just don't want other members to believe that the avatar you are using is a picture of you in real life.

Sorry to spoil the moment.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Annie was definitely A ginger. Poor gingers, the most oppressed minority in America

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
a reply to: six67seven

Like I said, nothing wrong with having a great looking avatar. I just wouldn't let it sway my opinion. Especially since we know there have been and currently will be plenty of members on here from the MSM that will try and start problems.

Agreed... I mean, my avatar is obviously good-looking

Side note -- who goes to Target for a latte? -- a woman, I suppose...

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Hate to burst your bubble Chrisfishenstein, but that particular picture has been around since before 2009 and is definitely not a picture of the member Jamie1.

From what I gathered, it is just a picture (and very attractive) used as an attention grabbing start to a bunk thread and subject. Now, I am not one to stab conspiracies in the neck, but I will tell you that this avatar isn't genuine and has been used all over the 'net in various forms and on various sites.

Want proof? Proof is in the pudding!

Even I was smitten at first...but didn't catch on until I saw the join date. Those with sultry avatars usually aren't who them seem. Nothing wrong with having a good looking avatar, but don't let it sway your thoughts on the matter.

Of course that avatar isnt a pic of the actual poster.

Whenever one of those avatars comes up, I dont know about anyone else, but I immediately think the actual person is more along the lines of this:

...than anything else.

You guys probably just ogled a neckbeard

edit on 12/31/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: grammar

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I will never shop at Target! A company who caves to PC demands, I will not shop at a place that sacrifices the product of many for the voices of the few.

Like when they took GTAV off the shelves because it offended the femenazi's, ya know, a product that people have the right to buy/not buy with a big M plastered on it showcasing it was to be played by adults.

I hope they keep making their PC statements about their company and eventually go bankrupt from peoples boycotts or loss of revenue!
edit on 3111America/Chicagoam31America/Chicago315 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Baahhhahh!

That was excellent!

In regards to the original post, this is a non issue and really not even a story. The MSM will try to make it about race because that seems to be their MO, but all in all the story is over.

Let's not draw this out. Woman complained. Corporation told their side. MSM got ahold of it. Becomes a thread on ATS with a sultry avatar and a few wolf whistles. No objective at all. Done.

/thread

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join