It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Year's Resolution is...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This year I'm keeping it simple. I need a job. I will be employed by the end of the year.

And to stop eating so much fast food.

What's yours?
edit on 31122014 by ChefSlug because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
quit smoking
drink less wine
stop chewing my nails
call my parents more often
put more money aside

Probably will only manage 2 of those, i don't even know exactly which

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
None.

I've made them in the past and never once stuck to them. What I tend to do now is assess my life every 6 months or so, make a list of what I need to do next and tick each one off as soon as they have been achieved.

I hate New Year, ring in the changes bull shine.

Best of luck with obtaining gainful employment.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
mine is

1) Lose Weight
2) Go Gym more
3) Spend more Time with the Wife
4) Stop Playing computer Games
5) Re-decorate The House
6) Stop capitalizing random words in Sentences
7) Complete, GTA 5 and Call of Duty
8) Eat all of the bad food left over from Xmas so i can make space for the good stuff
9) spend more time on ATS!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Eat .. Drink .. Smoke Cigars ... Chase women at pubs on my annual trips back to "civilization" .. and in general be the same cynical old bastard I always am ..

Why not open your own restaraunt ?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefSlug

To try and do better in every way possible.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
How do you plan do do both no. 4 and 7?

originally posted by: Phatdamage
mine is

1) Lose Weight
2) Go Gym more
3) Spend more Time with the Wife
4) Stop Playing computer Games
5) Re-decorate The House
6) Stop capitalizing random words in Sentences
7) Complete, GTA 5 and Call of Duty
8) Eat all of the bad food left over from Xmas so i can make space for the good stuff
9) spend more time on ATS!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm hearing you about getting a new job brother.
I got paid off on December the 3rd due to lack of work.The building industry always slows down at this time of year but getting the boot then came as a shock due to the job I was on is due to run until April and is three months behind.The telehandler driver that I worked with said that our company has paid him off over the winter period twice on the four years that he has worked for them.
So mine isn't so much of a resolution but a must find employment within the next few weeks.
Contrary to popular belief the benefits system in the U.K. doesn't let you live like a king- I signed on to job seekers allowance on December the 3rd and so far have received £31,I am due a fortnights money today which is £145.
You get nothing for the first seven days of a claim.
So yeah call it a resolution but it's more of a necessity to get a job asap.I have even applied for minimum wage labouring jobs even although I am a time served wood machinist,banksman(my last job) and worked as a postal worker in the Royal Mail twice(which is highly vetted,full disclosure, counter terrorism checks and you have to sign the official secrets act!)
I even while doing my last job attained two new qualifications-Cross Country Pipelines(H.S&E.) and SHEA Utility Gas cards to work in places like the national power grid or anywhere that gas is pumped ashore from the North Sea.
Good luck in your job hunting.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

RAK it Forward.
Decide if after 10 years of being single, if I'm just going to stay that way.
Move to a beach.... preferably Puerto Rico or south America.
Get to Asia and tour around. Maybe see Expat888

Actually just paint custom shoes for very ill children as I have been doing.
Love my 3 dogs.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Bow bow to our reptilian overlords!
Well maybe not.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
My resolution(s) will be to do MORE of the positive stuff...like smile more, give out more hugs, try and do one random act of kindness every day....that sort of thing.....so if I focus on the positives...the negatives should take care of themselves.

Jane

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Bow bow to our reptilian overlords!
Well maybe not.

Your going to bow twice?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Travel more
conquer fears
stop biting nails
drink more coffee
finish projects I've been putting off for a long time
go to the gym more than once a year!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

It's now 2015 in my part of the world so I wish you a happy new year.

My resolution is to not make any resolutions-there are still 364 days left to make good on my promises. NYE is not the best time to be making a resolution anyway.

'I'm gonna *hic* I'm gonna start my own *hic* mail order taco business. We are totally gonna do this. I love you guys, you are the *hic* best pals a *hic* guy could have.'

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Forgot to ask,what is the state of unemployment on the East Coast of the U.S?
I read the other day in an article on A.T.S. that the U.S. unemployment is falling.Is this just the normal government B.S.?
Don't be too proud to take what some would deem a job which is 'below' them.I was labouring for an agency(minimum wage) and someone I met through that got me a job on the books with my last company who then paid for my Banksman training and ticket,nice easy job with decent pay and paid holidays etc,which you don't get working for agencies in this country.
So basically take any job,no job is beneath anyone and you might meet someone who will see you working hard and get you a better job.It worked for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Sarcasm!

i always fail my New Years Resolutions....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As I have failed to find something to live for in my life, I hope in 2015, I will finally manage to find something to die for.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
As I have failed to find something to live for in my life, I hope in 2015, I will finally manage to find something to die for.

Treaure your life .. its the most valuable thing you have .. strive to improve yourself .. take time to enjoy the little things in life .. help those you see in need around you ..
Not a damn thing in this world worth dying for .. no government .. no leader.. no religion .. dont waste the most valuable thing you have.. life .. do what you can to try and make the world a better place ..

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I was thinking about finding a soulmate maybe, or moving to someplace far away from the western civilisation, maybe if I drop school I will look towards some spiritual stuff - meditation and like.
Or finally grabbing some of my ideas tightly enough and make something out of it as I seem to struggle with expressing myself.
I feel very obedient at University and everywhere I go in academic terms, but I scream inside, if you know what I mean.
I meant something more akin finally finding a solution to not be a slave and have a good life simultaneously, maybe not bound to money and wealth, but rather spiritually.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Necrose,

do you feel like you should be doing more than what is given to you? like your supposed to do more but don't know how to start?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join