It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's new year message to Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Russian and Chinese"

You know...

I hear this alot from some members here. *Trying to bolster Moscow by tying them to Beijing.

China looks out for China, they'd be more than happy to throw Russia under the bus if it get's in their way to becoming a Global power.

Make no mistakes.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Seriously, who gives a sh#@ what Putin thinks or says? Is anybody really that stupid to think it's not for his own self-interest?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Or they'd be happy to BUY Russia and expand their territory not through military conquest, but via economical conquest.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Perhaps Expat888 you are correct, hopefully however there is some substance to this gesture and not the usual business.
And maybe that substance can help calm areas of unrest in various regions of EA*RTH...

1 knows many have extreme doubt in many high ranking officials in the political arenas, but I still try to remain optimistic that the leaders of some of the Super Powers of the planet can get together and find better ways to upkeep and manage the responsibilities upon them.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I hear this alot from some members here. *Trying to bolster Moscow by tying them to Beijing.

Yah, bummer that alternate opinion thing.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Seriously, who gives a sh#@ what Putin thinks or says? Is anybody really that stupid to think it's not for his own self-interest?

You can tell that by looking through some threads about Russia and their little conquests as of late.

And to answer your question...Yes there are.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Obama and Putin are besties, you all know this. Remember a couple few years ago he told Medvedev that he'd have more latitude to help Russia in his second term. Medvedev promised to, "transmit this information to Vladimir."

BAM!!! Crimea and Ukraine. And Syria, sort of.

Just because Russia is having a little economic blip doesn't mean Obama is some harda**. Whenever either one of these guys needs to look tough to their nation they spit some vitriol at the other. But, life goes on as usual.

It's all good, let them posture, it's kinda what they do.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, bummer that alternate opinion thing.

Freudian slip?

edit on 31-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that good comes from this. Even if just a chess move, at least Putin appears to care. And while I respect Mr Obama Hussein Barry Barack Soetoro(or whatever the heck its name is) as Commander In Chief, I feel he lacks not only the intestinal fortitude to even approach the situation at hand, but the intelligence level and the ability to overcome his arrogance so he could reach a mutual agreement and not just dictate one. I can't help but to grimmace at the OP's photo as Mr Obama stares at his empty accosting hand while Putin maintains direct eye contact. The lies are in the eyes. Our leader doesn't even have the social skills to perform effectively on a global scale imho. Hopefully our next elected President brings a big broom to sweep up this mess. :/

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TopCat1

Same as Bush I suppose, he was not a commander in chief as well.. he's just doing what's being told/ordered and I guess he doesn't got another option even.
Why Bush always looked so silly, now you now why.. it's a big joke.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Putin demanding equality with the US is a complete joke. It isn't even close.

And therein lies the problem.

1. If we are a 'democratic republic' as we claim,respect and equality should be given to other countries in the world due not to a] How big an army they have or b] what they're GDP is. They should be given equality simply because they are another country sharing this planet with us.

Also,while we may have a larger military,it has been done at the cost of our infrastructure and social services.In other words,the people have suffered for this military. Then on top of that,in order to justify having this military and its upkeep and gross wastefulness.We must keep wars going to keep the masses believing that this is necessary.

When the Europeans first got here,they felt that the Indians were savages because they ate with their hands instead of having forks etc. to use. We have gotten no better at our thinking by claiming that another country deserves less equality due to them not having as large a military or GDP. Those countries that are our 'allies' are such not because they feel we are wonderful people,but because they have been subjugated to us. Britain($578.6 bl) still owes us money,Germany($174.4 bl) still does,other countries owe us money as well and we will wring every last dime out of them no matter what else it costs them.

Putin has been asking all year for America to give respect and equality to Russia,why should you even have to ask? I don't care if its The Solomon Islands,each country has a right to be treated equal.This is basic human rights 101. If we were to show each country respect and equality,a]they wouldn't be so happy to see us fall on our faces,and b]we wouldn't be having so many problems getting along with others.

We have yet to learn to 'play nice' with other countries due to our 'exceptionalism'. We need to realize and in a big hurry that one country does not make up a world. There are another 198 countries out there,and though they may not have as much money ,or as large an army or whatever the case may be,they deserve the same rights as all countries.Ruling out of fear only lasts so long before others tire of it.

In WW2 we were seen as the conquering heros and welcomed by oppressed countries,not so now.Now I'm afraid that we are looked at more like the relative from hell that won't go back home after the holidays are up. No matter how big our army or how much money we have,if we want to live in this world and have REAL respect,we need to give other countries a say in how things go in this world. Or we can simply act like Pinky and Brain and try to take over the world. And then crawl back in our hole when we fall and all the other countries are laughing at us.

* All number quotes from 2011 from this site:www.bbc.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don't recall Russia calling for Equality in military..... Is that what Putin said? Did I miss something, or is a mans worth still measured by the size of the gun he carries and nothing else.

I must remind you, young one. Your gun is a tool, it is only useful if the hand it's attached to has a mind to match.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Smart move on Putin's part. A transparent move but smart. Putin knows the West's demands. They want Russian troops out of Ukraine and they want Russia to stop supporting the rebels. They'll even probably let Russia keep Crimea. We also know Putin won't except to these demands. At the same time this lets him claim that the West is being unreasonable and all he wants his peace. Of course the rest of the world will see through this move. At the same time this lets Russian media spin it in Putin's favor and make take some pressure off him.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx
I don't recall Russia calling for Equality in military..... Is that what Putin said? Did I miss something, or is a mans worth still measured by the size of the gun he carries and nothing else.

When dealing with Russia on the international stage the size of your gun is critical. You should read about the country sometime.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
They should be given equality simply because they are another country sharing this planet with us.

In the Utopian world people dream of this is exactly how it works!
In the Real world we all live in the size of your economy and military determine your standing and how much 'equality' you are given.

Sorry, I didn't want to be the one to burst that bubble. Oh well, soon it's 2015 and you'll be believing in Utopia again I hope.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: KeliOnyx

And by "get on the same page" what do you mean exactly? I believe Putin has played it perfectly as of right now. Obama is the one seen scrambling recently...

Yeah, Obama... man he's got it rough right now...

To quote Chris Rock:

Only President Obama could get gas to $2.50, end 2 wars, get bin Laden, bring unemployment below 8%, then be told he's failing as president.

How's Russia doin, Putin?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

There really are people that believe Putin is looking out for more than his own personal interest. He is looking out for his own countries interests, which happen to overlap with some of the west's interests, which by default is serving some of MY interests because it is throwing a stick in the spoke of the west's monopoly on interests.

Like Putin or not, he is the boss of his lands and he can make deals at the table where his western counterparts have no real authority to male deals, they are nothing more than salesmen for banks and corporations.

Putin is basically carrying the world on his shoulders at the moment. And in that respect, I would say he is holding up quite well. If he moved out of the way, the west's monopoly on interests would carry on and we all know that where the west sees interest, there are many dead bodies to follow.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DrJunk

Bin Laden has been dead for over a decade, Obama didn't end any wars(he started a couple to boot, remember Libya?), gas prices are the result of Big Oil corporations playing economic warfare against Syria/Russia, and the 8% unemployment figures are a complete joke. Try 20%, after factoring in people who haven't been looking for a job for over a few months.

Civil liberties are at an all-time low, he signed the NDAA, gutted healthcare, lied about almost every campaign promise, etc etc etc.

Total failure, although he is no more than a puppet.
edit on 12 31 2014 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: intrptr

"Russian and Chinese"

You know...

China looks out for China, they'd be more than happy to throw Russia under the bus if it get's in their way to becoming a Global power.

Make no mistakes.

No. China knows full well that to maintain (at least a semblance of) global balance of power, the #2 and #3 nations must maintain economic and military ties so the #1 power can't achieve total domination. It's geopolitics 101. They need Russia for their own survival.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Russia really did help win WW2 but instead of helping rebuild Europe they became the very thing they were fighting. How many people died after the war because of Russian land grabbing? And it seems they are trying to gain back some of the lost power..........They should be worrying about how to make life better for Russians.

You had better believe the Russian people are going to figure this out in short order as the Russian economy falls apart. They are at best a regional power.......That is being kind. Italy is a bigger world power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join