It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Sci Fi Be Based On Real Technology?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Fringe the TV show had some good tech in it. I dont doubt that much of it is possible.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

"The best diplomat I know is a fully-activated phaser bank." - Montgomery Scott (TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")

Oddly enough, I used to say that at times. You notice that Scotty never got their asses kicked when he was temporarily Captain, either.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well we are seeing more and more of this tech, thus the question should be - How long until we can have it all?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManMasquerade
Well we are seeing more and more of this tech, thus the question should be - How long until we can have it all?

Probably when the public gets the ability to move through time, however the big question is will that ever be allowed?
edit on 7-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Here is some more tech from Star Trek that has become real.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Cmon this is pretty much the same technology.
edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Thought this technology was thought provoking. . . .

Just think a machine that can manipulate reality. . . .
edit on 17-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I dont doubt that everything from Inception is totally possible now that we actually have dream recording technologies in the real world.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There's a couple of points, it's quite well know that a lot of people are inspired to try and create the things they see on TV, especially things they have grown up with. This is a key thing to consider when it comes to technology you've seen on TV that later becomes a reality, out of the millions of viewers some are or become amazing scientists, engineers and innovators that turn the concepts into reality.

Another thing, and it's funny seeing the Fringe clips, is that a lot of writers for these shows frequent various sites on the Internet including right here at ATS. I'm trying to find the old threads talking about this but the only post I have at the time of writing is this one, I'll add any more I find:

originally posted by: Dave Rabbit
...*snip*...

Now that would be interesting. And I quite agree with you, Just as 24 and numerous other top rated shows frequent AboveTopSecret.Com for plot ideas, etc., I can assure you that it would not surprise me a bit if future shows of Fringe would seem all too familiar to the ATS Family.

Dave

The funny thing is a lot of people don't seem to realise that writers of top TV shows and Movies visit this site for ideas, so when they see it on TV they think it's a sign or something LOL!
edit on 28-1-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
There's a couple of points, it's quite well know that a lot of people are inspired to try and create the things they see on TV, especially things they have grown up with. This is a key thing to consider when it comes to technology you've seen on TV that later becomes a reality, out of the millions of viewers some are or become amazing scientists, engineers and innovators that turn the concepts into reality.

Another thing, and it's funny seeing the Fringe clips, is that a lot of writers for these shows frequent various sites on the Internet including right here at ATS. I'm trying to find the old threads talking about this but the only post I have at the time of writing is this one, I'll add any more I find:

originally posted by: Dave Rabbit

...*snip*...

Now that would be interesting. And I quite agree with you, Just as 24 and numerous other top rated shows frequent AboveTopSecret.Com for plot ideas, etc., I can assure you that it would not surprise me a bit if future shows of Fringe would seem all too familiar to the ATS Family.

Dave

The funny thing is a lot of people don't seem to realise that writers of top TV shows and Movies visit this site for ideas, so when they see it on TV they think it's a sign or something LOL!

Lol I liked Fringe, none of the technology from the show seems impossible to me. I wonder if they look at ATS for ideas lol. . . .

Heres another good one that is most likely possible:

DARPA seeks new methods for analysis and decoding of neural signals in order to understand how neural stimulation could be applied to facilitate recovery of memory encoding following brain injury. Ultimately, it is desired to develop a prototype implantable neural device that enables recovery of memory in a human clinical population. Additionally, the program encompasses the development of quantitative models of complex, hierarchical memories and exploration of neurobiological and behavioral distinctions between memory function using the implantable device versus natural learning and training.

www.fbo.gov...

Now everything is possible without adding the dues ex machina aliens they have in the movie. You just need a clone body and then upload the information to them at the previous space time. So to make it work correctly you would need a worlmhole to tunnel through space time so to say. . . . .
edit on 28-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

There is no doubt about it.

The works of Arthur C Clarke, George Orwell, and even George Lucas have lead to significant breakthroughs in the world of science for good or bad.

Be sure to watch 'prophets of science fiction.' It covers all the great sci-fi geniuses and how their ideas helped shape the world as we know it.

Let's just imagine for a moment that Dante's Inferno is real. Then that would mean we're going around this cycle about nine times, right? And let's say if that's true, then anyone of us could be a seer, a soothsayer, and any writer could eventually seem to be "onto" something that's really and truly already occurred.

Just my particular hypothesis, for all those kids out there who may have forgoteen, or even adults…..

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

There is no doubt about it.

The works of Arthur C Clarke, George Orwell, and even George Lucas have lead to significant breakthroughs in the world of science for good or bad.

Be sure to watch 'prophets of science fiction.' It covers all the great sci-fi geniuses and how their ideas helped shape the world as we know it.

Let's just imagine for a moment that Dante's Inferno is real. Then that would mean we're going around this cycle about nine times, right? And let's say if that's true, then anyone of us could be a seer, a soothsayer, and any writer could eventually seem to be "onto" something that's really and truly already occurred.

Just my particular hypothesis, for all those kids out there who may have forgoteen, or even adults…..

For all we know we may have an infinate number of incarnations working towards figuring this universe out. . . .

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Yes, that's one way of looking at it, and a nice way of casting it. But if that's true, then someone is pulling the strings.....and from my point of view, at least, it's making a mockery of human life....

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Then in movies they just come out and say it sometimes. . .

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

This reminds me of the terminator movies, comming to a reality near you.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Ugh, which tech in star trek is from real life tech?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Ugh, which tech in star trek is from real life tech?

I think the cell phone was from Star Trek oh and the big screen tv lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join