It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might as well leap in feet first! G'Day!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi... so, I've been lurking that long (so many years, it might be embarrassing admitting to how many) that I feel comfortable here already, recognising so many of the members in different threads and enjoying their opinions, views and knowledge on a wide range of topics. The big surprise is seeing all the avatars. I decided to join since I just celebrated a milestone birthday. The Dutch refer to this as the Sarah birthday - it's a delightful tradition that my family are embracing to recognise me and my life to date. We don't mind borrowing traditions from all over the world.

I live Down Under and I often read the aussie threads here.

My interests are eclectic, as I imagine most people's are. I've had some unusual experiences in life and I accept that I'm not "normal" but I still feel blessed regardless of everything. I know that I am empathic and have a good amount of compassion.

I read a lot (maybe that's why I keep coming back to ats) about a wide range of subjects including, but not limited to folklore, traditions, pop culture, psychology, languages, nature in general, and animal behaviour. I have just begun a love affair with learning languages and I'm interested in medicine; Western, Eastern and alternative. I was home-educated and the love of learning is still strong. I hope to learn Auslan at night school next year, which will depend upon other factors.

I'm rather shy and rarely voice my opinions, but we'll see how I go, after all, I did join.

Only a short while to go for us aussies, so, Happy New Year. May 2015 bring us all an abundance of blessings!
edit on 31-12-2014 by Leanansidhe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Welcome .. have a drink .. your in time for happy hour .. enjoy your visit ..

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Thank you for the welcome, Expat. I may need some more ice in this tequila.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Welcome and Happy New Year!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Leanansidhe

Oops .. always forget some use ice in drinks .. always make em strong and neat .. and drink beer warm .. almost forgot .. watch out for Ballys roo he taught it how to shoot .. and ya gotta watch pronto he'll nick ya beer .. think they off celebrate new years not seen em in lately ..

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Thanks DAVID. Enjoy your celebrations.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I appreciate the warnings.
I'm not into warm beer, cold beer, any beer, so you're welcome to have all my share, as well. I will guard this tequila as if it were the last one tonight.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!
No need to be shy.
If you see something that gets your interest! Get in there and say what's on your mind.

Get some popcorn and a tin foil hat..
You're gonna be up for hours reading.

It is addicting..

edit on 31-12-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

A huge, warm welcome to another sidhe! I'm so glad you leapt in!

Happy Hogmanay and look forward to seeing you again.

B x

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Related?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Welcome, great way to start the New Year!

Click on the link and wax lyrical about what sort of Avatar you would like and then be a little patient.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The wonderful artists will provide a startling Avatar just for you.

Happy New Year mate!

P

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

She's my cleverer, kinder big sister who guards the Southern hemisphere. Just don't upset her....

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Thank you Bigburgh. I'm going to try. I'm afraid I'm already addicted. It has just taken me a devil-may-care moment for me to throw myself off the deep end. And thanks for the reminder that I need a tinfoil hat. I can imagine mine will be quite the fashion statement.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Thank you, beansidhe, for the welcome. Happy Hogmany! I'm delighted to meet you, too.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thank you, pheonix. Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to 2015 and hope you are, too.

Thanks for the link, as well. I will need to give what I want in an avatar some consideration. The avatars are amazing in that thread!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I see P has already provided the link to the avatar thread, cheers P

As of tomorrow us artists are moving home to the 2015 avatar thread, you can find it here BTS Avatar creations 2015 The old link will still work, and we'll patrol it to redirect errant requests.

Having said that

Welcome to ATS, enjoy your time with us and a Happy New Year to you.

I look forward to working on your AV

Cody

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome!!! Cheers to Your Compassion and Empathy!!!

Two of the most Honorable of Human Traits in my Book!!!

Very Noble Indeed!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Hello Hello.

Welcome to the community. It's a great place to be.

CdT

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You're too kind! I do like the fact we're sisters now.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hi Cody, and thank you for the warm welcome. You make amazing avatars and I still haven't given a lot of consideration to what I may like yet. I do appreciate your generous offer. Happy New Year to you, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join