It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Christian fundamentalism in the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Tangerine

You and everyone else will discover He is real when He returns.
Behold He comes riding on the clouds,shining like the sun at
the shofar call.

And Gandalf, too! Yeah, sure.

As He said "Behold, I come quickly and my reward is with Me".

Oh wait, you have nothing to come, nothing to care about, nothing to rely on, nothing to love you because your universe is harsh, cold and unfeeling. You came into existence randomly and you will go out as ordered when your body decides to quit working.

If you don't mind that, then don't worry, be happy. If we are all random byproducts of a non-caring and non-loving universe, then you shouldn't even be concerned or worried about what we say, because we aren't obligated in any way according to the laws of nature to even be worried about you. If we are random by-products, then who cares?

But you do worry and you do think about it because you still desire to be loved and cared about. The universe can't provide that.

You're projecting your worries and needs onto me. You've conjured up an imaginary friend who's going to save you and you so deeply want to believe in that imaginary friend that you insist that others do, too. If they do, it makes it more real to you. Bottom line, it's really just you who's going to save you -- or not, same as everyone else.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

the shofar call.

You know all religious texts are spiritual teachings right? You are not one of these people who read the whole Bible literally are you?

You know that Christ already returned for tons of people when they found Him in their heart, right?

Those who are obsessed by the literal return of Jesus as a sign for the end times have a quite unhealthy relationship with religion and spirituality and miss the point entirely.

The point of spirituality has always been : personal transformation.

And in personal transformation there is personal.

Any claim about prophecies regarding the return of Jesus as a literal and physical event is just an indication that the person is missing the whole point of spirituality, and will be stuck for a very long time (if not forever) trying to make sense of the bible as a book to read literally instead of a manual to achieve personal transformation, like religious and spiritual texts have always been designed to be.

HTH.
edit on 2-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

the shofar call.

And Gandalf, too! Yeah, sure.

Oh wait, you have nothing to come, nothing to care about, nothing to rely on, nothing to love you because your universe is harsh, cold and unfeeling. You came into existence randomly and you will go out as ordered when your body decides to quit working.

If you don't mind that, then don't worry, be happy. If we are all random byproducts of a non-caring and non-loving universe, then you shouldn't even be concerned or worried about what we say, because we aren't obligated in any way according to the laws of nature to even be worried about you. If we are random by-products, then who cares?

But you do worry and you do think about it because you still desire to be loved and cared about. The universe can't provide that.

You're projecting your worries and needs onto me. You've conjured up an imaginary friend who's going to save you and you so deeply want to believe in that imaginary friend that you insist that others do, too. If they do, it makes it more real to you. Bottom line, it's really just you who's going to save you -- or not, same as everyone else.

See, now you made the claim I have an imaginary friend, now prove my friend is imaginary.

Just because you don't want Him for a friend doesn't mean that you have to pretend He is imaginary.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

the shofar call.

You know all religious texts are spiritual teachings right? You are not one of these people who read the whole Bible literally are you?

You know that Christ already returned for tons of people when they found Him in their heart, right?

Those who are obsessed by the literal return of Jesus as a sign for the end times have a quite unhealthy relationship with religion and spirituality and miss the point entirely.

The point of spirituality has always been : personal transformation.

And in personal transformation there is personal.

Any claim about prophecies regarding the return of Jesus as a literal and physical event is just an indication that the person is missing the whole point of spirituality, and will be stuck for a very long time (if not forever) trying to make sense of the bible as a book to read literally instead of a manual to achieve personal transformation, like religious and spiritual texts have always been designed to be.

HTH.

And the kingdom and the throne are not literal?

Egads, that means you'll only be judged for allegorical deeds? You mean your works are allegorical, therefore you will only by allegorically judged. Is that how it works in your world?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Great thread my friend is all I got to say for now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join