It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Egyptian Artifacts Discovered In Jerusalem. Hoax? Thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Alien and UFO circles are abuzz with claims of remarkable ancient Egyptian artifacts discovered in the former Jerusalem home of the famous Egyptologist Sir William Petrie, items that “could rewrite ancient Egyptian history” and indeed the history of the world. A YouTube video released by the website Paranormal Crucible purports to show ancient Egyptian sculpture artifacts originally found in the “Giza complex,” but reportedly taken away from Petrie’s Jerusalem home by representatives of the Rockefeller Archaeological Museum shortly after they were found, according to the website UFO Sightings Daily.

www.inquisitr.com...

According to the Shepard Ambellas, editor-in-chief of the “alternative news” website Intellihub News, the alien Egyptian artifacts were discovered hidden in a secret room behind the Egyptologist’s bookcase.

en.wikipedia.org... (Sir William Petrie)

www.youtube.com...

seems too cool to be true

Either way, crazy and outlandish. (Or the greatest discovery since Marmite)
Maybe we can get to the bottom of this.

edit on 31-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

a dream come true...if only.

But if such a discovery is true...would it be covered up according to today's paradigm ?

I say...most likely.

edit on 12/31/14 by Hefficide because: Keeping things under an R rating.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ok, so who lives in London then? I wanna see pics of this stuff.

From the link in op,

However, Ambellas claims that some of the relics may be seen at the Petri Museum of Egyptian Archaeology in Malet Place, Camden, near Gower Street, London.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Not buying it. Seems like a waaaaay to convenient package. Body, carving complete with a UFO and a typical interpretation of a "gray" alien. Sorry, but nope.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Even if that is truth staring me in face, my vast stores of collected swamp gas refuse to let me believe- lest I be struck by another case of vicious buyer's remorse when it is shown to be a hoax.

So who's to say our ancestors weren't even more imaginative than modern man, carving and making all kinds of things that resemble grays and spaceships?

If they were here, they probably are STILL here, or visit once in a while- and only deal with top governments, through some kind of secret pact to keep them from interacting with commoners.

Nonetheless, when you add this evidence(?) to everything else found in history, it fuels the flames of belief. Calling all fire extinguishers...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

There are two massive red flags in this story , Paranormal Crucible and UFO Sightings Daily.
I think it likely they are one and the same and this story is another from the Hoaxer Scott Waring.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I have some thoughts on this subject that are, I think are pretty interesting, I don't have time to share them right now, I have to go to work, and it's to much for me to type out right now, but I wanted to mark this thread so I can find it easily later, but the bottom line to my thoughts on this, is that there are other examples of depictions of aliens in ancient Egypt that still have not been defaced or destroyed, so it would stand to reason that these artifacts could be real regardless of which supposed unreliable news source posted this article .

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: KEMIK
Not buying it. Seems like a waaaaay to convenient package. Body, carving complete with a UFO and a typical interpretation of a "gray" alien. Sorry, but nope.

I have to agree. As much as I've searched and hoped for this kind of "proof," the collection is just too neat. The alien device in particular strikes me as a human interpretation of an alien artifact would look like if Jules Verne described it.

My intuition says it may be opening chapter of Project Blue Beam.

Either way, it could portend something very interesting.

Great find. Much effort went in to it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think the only way that talent could be found to 'find' 'collect' these items is IF the 'artifacts' were Movie Props or Stage Props for a entertainment project...
~a failed attempt to make an Alien genre movie by a obscure foreign film group... but the funding never came to complete the film project...... perhaps a Romanian independent film crew in Egypt ?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Part of me wants to believe these artifacts are indeed real, and Sir William Petrie hid them away, knowing what would happen to them if he did show anyone else. Someone else must though, because he couldn't have gotten them out of the pyramid on his own.

It's true what DonVoigt said though. These are the first REAL depictions of something alien from Ancient Egypt. I'm sure if there were others, but they were either destroyed or hidden away somewhere. Zahi Hawass would have made sure they never saw the light of day.

Like I said, I want to believe, but part of me doesn't because of all the hoaxes before it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

A disgrace to use the name of Flinders Petrie for a silly hoax.

He was a very honourable Egyptologist and to attach the name of such an honourable true academic to a fallacy like this is very beneath the belt.

Shame on you whoever is responsible for this hoax; not for the hoax itself, but for putting the name of a good archaeologist through mud like this.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

ok - some one has to ask the obvious :

in the absence of any notion of " aliens " in the 19th century , why would petrie hide these

if [ BIG IF ] its genuine - the alledged " grey alien " carving would IMHO have been interpreted by petrie as an deptiotion of an egyptionan god , NOT " alienz "

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Exactly. In the 19th century these would just be chalked up as another weird-headed Egyptian deity, and there is absolutely no reason why they would have been hidden back then.

100% a hoax.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KEMIK

However, even IF true, and that's a huge ass 'If' there, if true, people would deny it's validity.

Hypothetically speaking, I've often wondered what would it really take to prove to people that an artifact was real?

By what methodology?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

in the absence of any notion of " aliens " in the 19th century , why would petrie hide these

Unless....

*Foil hat time*

TPTB have known what the 'Grey' overlords looked like going back hundreds if not thousands of years

edit on 31-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It would be no surprise to me at all.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
No concept of extraterrestrial life in the 19th century?

Are you kidding me? In the age of enlightenment?

Here are a few links, to put to rest any notion that our generations a few generations ago, didn't have aliens on the mind just like we do today.

UFOs in the 19th Century

Japanese Folk Tale of Visiting ET in 19th Century

James Lumley's UFO Report

Not to mention Jules Verne wrote in that era to...

CdT

edit on 31-12-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: fix

edit on 31-12-2014 by CirqueDeTruth because: word fix

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm with most others on this--IF it were a genuine find, that would really be awesome. BUT, the odds are that this is a relatively elaborate hoax. I mean, even the 'broken' edges of the 'carving' appear to me to be a cast object that has been painted to look like stone. I could be wrong, but I could also be a woman and just not know it yet, but I doubt it.

I always like to keep an open mind to things like this, and it is slightly--ever so slightly--feesible that, if more of these artifacts had been found, they would be suppressed by Hawass and the Egyptian Antiquity folks before him. Of course, money and tourism always seems to guide the efforts of these people, and would would bring more visitors to egypt than the actual discovery of alien artifacts?

It always makes one think, for sure, but I'm banking on a hoax on this one. And like lonesomerimbaud says, if this is a hoax, it is pretty much slander/lible against a dead, respected archaeologis, and that's pretty tasteless if this is the case.

But seriously...if only "Stargate" turned out to be a documentary...if only...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
No concept of extraterrestrial life in the 19th century?

Are you kidding me? In the age of enlightenment?

Here are a few links, to put to rest any notion that our generations a few generations ago, didn't have aliens on the mind just like we do today.

UFOs in the 19th Century

Japanese Folk Tale of Visiting ET in 19th Century

James Lumley's UFO Report

Not to mention Jules Verne wrote in that era to...

CdT

The concept goes back thousands of years and depictions in old caves and artifacts etc are surely indicative of past visitations. If the concept, reports and sightings span 5 or more thousand years then surely that supports the concept. It seems to me that concepts that span thousands of years do so because they are continuous and empirical, thus more likely reality than not!!

I don't care about hoaxes because there's enough indicative evidence and reports to suggest we are truly not alone and have never been so. On top of this we have the "good old common sense factor" which I put more faith in than others may!

Welcome to the real world. We are not alone and certainly not the centre of everything or as important as our blind ignorance depicts!

I also find it fascinating that there is so much belief put into religious bunkum which has far less indicative evidence of its credibility than the concept of ET!!

Time to wake up skeptics!!!!

edit on 31-12-2014 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You know. if you're going to hoax something.

At least provide better pictures.

This can't be real.

edit on 31-12-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join