It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMCS Fredericton on way to Mediterranean for NATO mission

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: superman2012

As in Crimea, the OSCE's decision not to participate was about their feeling the elections lacked legitimacy. The OSCE does not get involved in farcical elections.

Regards

Source?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012

As in Crimea, the OSCE's decision not to participate was about their feeling the elections lacked legitimacy. The OSCE does not get involved in farcical elections.

Regards

Source?

www.osce.org...

The OSCE said the 'elections' were not following the Minsk protocol that was SIGNED BY ALL INVOLVED PARTIES, thus the elections are farcical.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Which word do you not understand? Russian? Living? or Abroad? Which one of them do you find insulting? Can you provide a definition that supports your feeling of insult because I don't get why you're insulted.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Deleted my post as I noticed that noeltrotsky already oprovided a link.

Regards
edit on 1/1/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Regards

Source?

www.osce.org...

The OSCE said the 'elections' were not following the Minsk protocol that was SIGNED BY ALL INVOLVED PARTIES, thus the elections are farcical.

Hmmm...I did not see that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. So because Ukraine did not want nor consent this vote to happen, it is illegal. That makes a point for both our arguments. One, they were indeed illegal. Two, how do you secede without it being illegal? The US would still be part of Britain if that were the case. It seems it is a power struggle between two people in power...

ps- I gave you a special star for that post!

edit on 1-1-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Hmmm...I did not see that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. So because Ukraine did not want nor consent this vote to happen, it is illegal. That makes a point for both our arguments. One, they were indeed illegal. Two, how do you secede without it being illegal? The US would still be part of Britain if that were the case. It seems it is a power struggle between two people in power...
ps- I gave you a special star for that post!

Nothing to do with Ukraine approving the vote to make it legal. All the parties in the conflict signed the Minsk agreement, then one party went and specifically violated it by declaring a unilateral election. You should read the Minsk agreement, it specifically discusses how to have an election. Because of that violation the OSCE refused to be a part of monitoring. So is an invite to monitor an election that doesn't follow the rules you agreed to really an invitation? Personally I don't think so, but you can accept it if you like.

Nothing to do with nor even relevant to America leaving Britain of course.

(post by MALBOSIA removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

One could argue that Ukraine kept breaking the Minsk protocols in order to deem the election illegal by the OSCE. If, taking that stance in the argument, they didn't want the election to happen, that would be the perfect way to do it, no?
It was a comparison, not a direct correlation, but you knew that right?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a reply to: noeltrotsky

One could argue that Ukraine kept breaking the Minsk protocols in order to deem the election illegal by the OSCE. If, taking that stance in the argument, they didn't want the election to happen, that would be the perfect way to do it, no?
It was a comparison, not a direct correlation, but you knew that right?

The OSCE is independent of Ukraine and made it's decision based on the Minsk agreement. If they had felt Ukraine wasn't following the Minsk agreement towards the election they would have said it...like they have reprimanded Ukraine on many other issues.

Your comparison is irrelevant to the situation, speculative as well because you provide no evidence Ukraine broke the Minsk agreement with respect to the election held in Donetsk. No surprise you shift off into comparisons and speculation though instead of dealing with facts.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!

Name-calling and bickering is not the way to start the New Year.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Those who continue to flaunt polite discussion may want to consider a Resolution for 2015:
Community Announcement re: Decorum

ETA
**Do NOT reply to this post**
edit on Thu Jan 1 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

According to the OSCE and the UN elections held in Ukraine must conform to Ukrainian law. Since the elections in Crimea, and now the East and South of Ukraine did not conform to either they are not valid and not recognized.

The OSCE pointed this out in Crimea when they had to decline.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Wasn't it because of the Minsk protocols being broken that the OSCE declined to go to Donetsk?
The ceasefire wasn't maintained, both sides claiming the other broke it. All I was saying was that would be a very clever way to make the elections illegal.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Representative democracy huh? Who TF is this assclown representing? It sure isn't the people of Canada. Obviously harpernista is in bed with the mil/industrial complex and sees there is money to be made for him and the other vultures by killing off probably most of the world. Sending a Canadian ship with Canadian soldiers (I salute them) into harm's way for what? Greed? Resulting in death by political misadventure?

Canada used to be such a good place, we were neutral, we were polite, we were peacekeepers NOT soldiers, we always worked with diplomacy rather than bullets, we welcomed everyone believing they would show us the respect we showed them. We had hope in the peace in our fellow man/woman, rather than the despair that goes with constant conflict.

Every politician, Trudeau and afterwards has destroyed Canada, in little pieces as a time. We've been nickel'd and dime through legislation and treaties, a death by a thousand cuts, and now we have come to this, a shadow of what we once were.

Personally, I think the lot of them (politicians, BOC, etc.) should charged with treason, tried by a jury of normal citizens and if found guilty, hung for crimes against Canada. Just my opinion though...

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Sending a Canadian ship with Canadian soldiers (I salute them) into harm's way for what?

Of course you ignore the fact that Canadian ships has been in the same area doing same job for about a year already....
edit on 3-1-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
Sending a Canadian ship with Canadian soldiers (I salute them) into harm's way for what?

Of course you ignore the fact that a Canadian ship has been in the same areafor about a year already....

No, there is a difference between a monitoring mission and an active campaign. You ever been in an active campaign? They're bloody, people die.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
You claimed POLLING information does not need to be collected because we are a democracy. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

I never claimed that. I said that the information about the people in a Poll a poster was wondering about isn't relevant because everyone gets a vote in a democracy. The poster was trying to imply the Poll was wrong due to who was asked the question, but provided ZERO facts to support that implication...like usual in any thread about Russia. Of course NOT ONE POSTER in this thread has provided ANY EVIDENCE to support the claim they made that the majority of Canadians are against Harpers actions in regards to Ukraine. There have been a few individuals that claim personally to be against it, while another agrees with it, namely myself.

Any chance you are going to provide any proof whatsoever or just continue on the with the never ending silly posts?

Now YOUR post about you not getting democracy has also been proven false. Of course you never presented any proof that your vote doesn't count. Just your feeling due to time zone issues in a large country giving you 'a feeling'.

Any chance you are going to provide any proof whatsoever or just continue on withe the never ending silly posts?

Noone has posted any evidence for SUPPORT!

Noone was even told this was happening till a small snippet showing the ship leaving the dock with a small handful of family and friends UNENTHUSIASTICALLY and SADLY for the most part waving.

I have not heard anyone around here have anything to say about it other than, GREAT that is gonna help the world isn't it.

Not one person outside of the Bible Thumpers who want Russia to start WW3 so we can all die for the Coming Christ shows any support at all, and even that is muted!

posted on Jan, 4 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Noone has posted any evidence for SUPPORT!

Let another person that doesn't read the whole thread. A CTV poll was conducted when the operation was first started and announced by the government. Read the thread to find the multiple times the link was posted.

Noone was even told this was happening till a small snippet showing the ship leaving the dock with a small handful of family and friends UNENTHUSIASTICALLY and SADLY for the most part waving.

Nobody ever makes announcements about a SHIP ROTATION, which is exactly what this current event was. The first ship was announced and has been out to sea for over 6 months. This ship launch is simply a replacement ship to spell off the current ship and maintain the operation. If you have ever said goodbye to family for 6 months then you might understand the lack of cheering.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join