It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMCS Fredericton on way to Mediterranean for NATO mission

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
You can add me and mine to the list. We should just call Canada Harperville, since he has been dictating our image all over the globe. Who gave him a mandate on Russia?

Apparently you missed both of my posts providing evidence of Harper having a strong majority of support for his actions surrounding the situation in Ukraine. That is a mandate in a democracy...when the majority supports you.

This has been a topic of discussion at work lately. Have you ever known anyone that was asked a question for a poll above a civic level? I'm sure that someone can pop on a forum and claim they get asked all the time but that won't change the FACT that nobody I have met in real life, when asked, has claimed to be part of a "poll" that was broadcast nationally.

Harper has snuck through the last 3 elections simply by lack of a better choice. I really doubt he will win this time even if his opponent is a spring chicken and his new vision on foreign policy is going to be the reason why.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: noeltrotsky
This poll is flawed, they did not poll all canadians. i was never polled and neither was anyone living here.I do not support the goverments position on the ukraine, and i do not support any ukrainians. the ukraine has not and will never join nato.therefore there is no threat to us or nato. russia is not a threat.
I will reply u with that. Yeah a poll which asked just 1,000 people where again? its funny how i have never being phoned for a poll on such cases.

You Russians living abroad are absolutely CLASSIC! When presented with facts that your opinion isn't in the majority suddenly "this poll is flawed". Seriously? They never called you so it's flawed? Too funny!

I know lots of Canadians that support Ukraine and wish Harper was sending them weapons already. I am positive when Ukraine asks to join NATO that Canada will support that application as long as they have cleaned up their political mess first.

And yes, Russia is a threat. Any country that annexes part of it's neighbour and splits off parts of Georgia and Moldova as protectorates is a worldwide threat. Canada is reconsidering joining the US missile shield because of Russia's actions and rightly so. Russia is a rogue state with nukes and a much bigger problem than some fundamentalists running around the desert with some guns.
edit on 1-1-2015 by noeltrotsky because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Do we have any other data on those polled? Heritage? Location in Canada? Political party affiliation? Age? Sex? How well informed are they?
It would be interesting if they noted that as well. The reason I ask is that informal polls are very biased depending on world events. (my title for the link, not the actual link title) It would be interesting if they actually conducted a scientific poll to see how close the numbers are.

Edit: Every thing that you said about Russia in the last paragraph, also applies to Israel, but they aren't considered a threat. Wonder why?

edit on 1-1-2015 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Do we have any other data on those polled? Heritage? Location in Canada? Political party affiliation? Age? Sex? How well informed are they?
It would be interesting if they noted that as well.

Everything you want to know about the people polled are IRRELEVANT. Why? Because Canada is a DEMOCRACY. You get a vote no matter your Heritage, location, political affiliation, age and sex. Pollsters don't publish it because it is irrelevant.

Wow you guys reach new lows every post. It's actually amazing cause I have no idea what you Russians living abroad will come up with next. I'll be waiting thou cause I know it will be worth a laugh.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Everything you want to know about the people polled are IRRELEVANT. Why? Because Canada is a DEMOCRACY. You get a vote no matter your Heritage, location, political affiliation, age and sex. Pollsters don't publish it because it is irrelevant.

Wow you guys reach new lows every post. It's actually amazing cause I have no idea what you Russians living abroad will come up with next. I'll be waiting thou cause I know it will be worth a laugh.

What does a democracy have to do with wanting to know what demographic they polled? It is relevant no matter how much you claim it isn't. My daughter claims monsters are real, that doesn't make it so.

If they polled senior citizens on if they believe 20 year olds are entitled little crap heads vs if they polled 20 year olds the same question the answers would be remarkably different.
Democracy does not mean what you think it means if you are applying it to polling demographics...

I was only asking as it would be INTERESTING to note. Seems you reached a new low, please also explain your calling us "Russians living abroad" when we don't agree with you, or ask VERY simple questions?

Edit: you left, not laughed.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Also, still waiting for your answer from my earlier post here.
If it was a baseless and unfounded claim on your behalf, I understand. Your cohort also left without answering anything.
Us Russians are very understanding.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

That is not true. I live in B.C. the election is called before my ballot goes in the box. Democracy? Maybe for the eastern half.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

If it was a baseless and unfounded claim on your behalf, I understand. Your cohort also left without answering anything.

Despite the pointlessness of discussing issues about Russia with you and your ilk here is your reference. Skip to section 4, read and follow those citations listed
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

That is not true. I live in B.C. the election is called before my ballot goes in the box. Democracy? Maybe for the eastern half.

Again, failed to address the point I made but shifted to a different issue to try to prove your point. Sadly another fail at it, because your vote IS COUNTED. It is not democracies fault that you live in a lower populated area far behind the timezone of the largest populated area.

As always, blame it on anything that makes you feel better of course.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What does a democracy have to do with wanting to know what demographic they polled? It is relevant no matter how much you claim it isn't. My daughter claims monsters are real, that doesn't make it so.

If they polled senior citizens on if they believe 20 year olds are entitled little crap heads vs if they polled 20 year olds the same question the answers would be remarkably different.
Democracy does not mean what you think it means if you are applying it to polling demographics...

Contact CTV, get the polling agency that conducted the poll, call them and ask about their methods. Or simply claim they are wrong like you have been doing with no proof.

please also explain your calling us "Russians living abroad" when we don't agree with you, or ask VERY simple questions?

Get a dictionary, learn to google or go back to school.

Many people complain about any thread about Russia exactly because of the constant garbage posted by a small group of people. It's unfortunate that discussion is getting lowered and reduced to claims of 'Nazis' and etc. When confronted by proof the argument goes on and on just shifted slightly with more stupid America responses. Hell even THE NAME of this thread was unproven and ultimately changed because it was wrong. One example of many posts of garbage.

A mod's life is tough. Opinions naturally are different. Threads about Russia need extra attention IMO to start temporarily banning some who go well past T&C's.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Again, failed to address the point I made but shifted to a different issue to try to prove your point. Sadly another fail at it, because your vote IS COUNTED. It is not democracies fault that you live in a lower populated area far behind the timezone of the largest populated area.

As always, blame it on anything that makes you feel better of course.

LOL. Thank you for making my point better than I could.

And Polling and voting are 2 separate things with completely different rules.

Polls can be deliberately misused and misinterpreted if the technical information accompanying them is too sketchy to permit assessment of the validity of the results. As in many other democratic societies, the treatment of polls by the media therefore remains an important issue in Canada, with many calling for increased efforts on the part of the polling industry to ensure that opinion surveys are reported with the necessary background information. The dilemma for the media, in turn, is how to provide good polling information without overloading their audiences with less interesting technical data. Some have argued that the media are not trained in the interpretation of polls.(58)

I think it is funny how those that do not want it regulated argue it when it comes to affecting election results...

Many who oppose regulation base their arguments on the rights of free speech. They also assert that there is no evidence that polls have significant or undue influence on voting, that polls are reasonably reliable, that they are a more systematic means of gathering public opinion than methods traditionally used by journalists, that they add to the public's understanding of the dynamics of a campaign, that they provide interesting (if not useful) information, and that the publication of many polls is sufficient to ensure that the information presented is a true reflection of public opinion (at least until the election results are known).(34)In a related vein, a prohibition on the publication of poll results would not prevent governments, parties, candidates and others from conducting their own polling; thus, a ban would confer a considerable advantage on those interests who could afford their own private surveys.(35) Some also argue that opinion polls provide a legitimate counterbalance to the pressures brought to bear on government by special interest lobbies or pressure groups.

Well, they acknowledge the idea that wealthy interests can afford their own polls. But that is not what is going on?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I just thought I would post a list of warship's enetering and leaving the Black Sea in 2014...

turkishnavy.net...

You'll see that HMCS Toronto was in the Black Sea for just a couple of weeks. No other Canadian warships entered, or left the Black Sea. The vast majority of traffic was Russian.

It must be depressing for the Russians to realise that Turkey could stop so much Russian traffic, so best not antagonise NATO too much! No wonder the Russian's are obsessed with keeping Syria's dictator Assad in power, because without Assad they could lose the naval facilities at Tartus, Syria.

Regards

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You said your vote isn't counted. I told you that your vote is counted. Your point fails as I've explained.

Agreed that I did explain the situation better than you did.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

You said your vote isn't counted. I told you that your vote is counted. Your point fails as I've explained.

Agreed that I did explain the situation better than you did.

You claimed POLLING information does not need to be collected because we are a democracy. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Canada is a democracy
lol

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Despite the pointlessness of discussing issues about Russia with you and your ilk here is your reference. Skip to section 4, read and follow those citations listed
en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps you need to not exaggerate when describing situations. Not all were far right. Not any were "hand picked by Russia". The OCSE was allowed to observe, but chose not to. You lying, kills your credibility. Major fail.
Baseless and unfounded as I supposed.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You claimed POLLING information does not need to be collected because we are a democracy. You speak out of both sides of your mouth.

I never claimed that. I said that the information about the people in a Poll a poster was wondering about isn't relevant because everyone gets a vote in a democracy. The poster was trying to imply the Poll was wrong due to who was asked the question, but provided ZERO facts to support that implication...like usual in any thread about Russia. Of course NOT ONE POSTER in this thread has provided ANY EVIDENCE to support the claim they made that the majority of Canadians are against Harpers actions in regards to Ukraine. There have been a few individuals that claim personally to be against it, while another agrees with it, namely myself.

Any chance you are going to provide any proof whatsoever or just continue on the with the never ending silly posts?

Now YOUR post about you not getting democracy has also been proven false. Of course you never presented any proof that your vote doesn't count. Just your feeling due to time zone issues in a large country giving you 'a feeling'.

Any chance you are going to provide any proof whatsoever or just continue on withe the never ending silly posts?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Contact CTV, get the polling agency that conducted the poll, call them and ask about their methods. Or simply claim they are wrong like you have been doing with no proof.

I never once claimed they were wrong [snipped], I said it would be interesting to know, and that you were using democracy in a completely different meaning, making it seem like you don't know what it means. The methods don't matter, I was merely wondering what cross section they polled. But you know that and are trying to deflect away.

Get a dictionary, learn to google or go back to school.

Many people complain about any thread about Russia exactly because of the constant garbage posted by a small group of people. It's unfortunate that discussion is getting lowered and reduced to claims of 'Nazis' and etc. When confronted by proof the argument goes on and on just shifted slightly with more stupid America responses. Hell even THE NAME of this thread was unproven and ultimately changed because it was wrong. One example of many posts of garbage.

When did I mention Nazis? Why do I need a dictionary, learn to google or go back to school when you evade or outright lie when asked a question?? I have asked you questions and rather then answering them, you call me a "russian living abroad". I just wanted clarification. If you wanted to obfuscate what you were discussing and claiming falsely, that isn't my fault. Know what you are talking about before you attack people please.

A mod's life is tough. Opinions naturally are different. Threads about Russia need extra attention IMO to start temporarily banning some who go well past T&C's.

Agreed. I, however, chose not to alert when you called me names because it just proved my point that you don't know what you are arguing about. No skin off my back. No hard feelings. You tried.

edit on 1.1.2015 by Kandinsky because: Snipped ill-mannered comment

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

As in Crimea, the OSCE's decision not to participate was about their feeling the elections lacked legitimacy. The OSCE does not get involved in farcical elections.

Regards

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I just thought I would post a list of warship's enetering and leaving the Black Sea in 2014...

turkishnavy.net...

You'll see that HMCS Toronto was in the Black Sea for just a couple of weeks. No other Canadian warships entered, or left the Black Sea. The vast majority of traffic was Russian.

It must be depressing for the Russians to realise that Turkey could stop so much Russian traffic, so best not antagonise NATO too much! No wonder the Russian's are obsessed with keeping Syria's dictator Assad in power, because without Assad they could lose the naval facilities at Tartus, Syria.

Regards

If they lost Syria, that would be a major blow for them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join