It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMCS Fredericton on way to Mediterranean for NATO mission

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Harper makes no Decisions without Obama promising something in return.

I believe Canada is being used to poke the bear so as to make it look like the US isn't the one. If Russia strikes out then the US gets what they want while looking like an innocent.

Why would Canada think they can go up against Russia when they can't, so why this move? A scapegoat maneuver for the US is the only logical scenario.

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: juniperberry

a fellow Canadian. No matter my opinion of Harper

Judging by your post i would assume you support Harper. no doubt you support his actions in Libya to.

It's best if you just stick to the title of the actual article and give your own opinion.

I did.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

No actually I don't, neither do I support Trudeau. But I also don't like people making assumptions about me either.

Also, you changed the title of the article to reflect your opinion, which does not reflect what the article is actually about.

But I think my whole point is lost on you anyway, so carry on.

Peace out.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
False headline. The article does not talk about angry Canadians.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: stirling

The fact that they are sending the ship in the Mediterranean Sea no doubly near the Syrian waters is a very stupid suicidal political gesture.

Thus this just proves Russia's point about the west.

But hey Syria is the real agenda here right now

Nothing like letting Islamists ISIS win right even under the MSM lies that they were supposedly fighting them ? surprisingly how the MSM are all quiet now on the ISIS.

Or you can post the truth that there is already a ship there and this Frigate is merely replacing it so that one can come home. Total forces being added .. 0.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Im canadian and proud of harper. Hes not sitting on the fence being a pansy like so many others.
Ruining canadas image? So a country that stands for democracy and fights for others to share the same rights as us canadiand have is ruining the image?
Do you think the Canadians in ww1 and 2 would say this is ruining our image or restoring it to its former grace?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: drfresh
Im canadian and proud of harper. Hes not sitting on the fence being a pansy like so many others.
Ruining canadas image? So a country that stands for democracy and fights for others to share the same rights as us canadiand have is ruining the image?
Do you think the Canadians in ww1 and 2 would say this is ruining our image or restoring it to its former grace?

Harper needs to invade and annex another nations territory, then he will prove he is about peace. ATS logic.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

While I totally agree that this thread in and of itself is a bit of a mess due to the OP's word twisting, I can't really stand by and watch someone say that Canada is "defending democracy". Canada are hired guns doing extended dirty work for the US/NATO/NWO. If Canada is defending anything, it is corporate interest...money tied to resources.

The W5 news clip posted on page 1 by another member basically outlines this in the exposé on CSOR/JTF2. Why is Canada's special forces in Niger? Well, being an unstable neighbor to the Niger Delta, oil is once again our main reason for military participation. Much like Afghanistan and now Iraq.

You're right, Harper isn't sitting on the fence. He doesn't have to as a puppet for the NWO. He just does as he is told.

Also, why you would be on a conspiracy site and not already figure this out on your own is beyond me, but I have my suspicions. Also, the current missions around the globe are despicable in comparison to the actions in WW1 & 2. Although there isn't much to be proud of with those wars either. War is war. Fought by the lemmings, for the elite.
edit on stpamWed, 31 Dec 2014 04:58:50 -0600k1412America/Chicago3158 by Sparkymedic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Canadians Are Angry,Canadian frigate departs for Mediterranean Sea over Ukraine crisis

Why is it not surprising that you make up your own headline.

How about being truthful sometime and actually posting the true title...Amazing.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

First of all, it's Stephen Harper, not Joe...unless you meant to say Joke Harper then I would agree with you.
Second, I don't know anyone here that agrees with what Harper is doing (being Obamas butt puppet).
Third, I don't think we have a choice, being a part of NATO there are certain obligations that we have to meet.

I wish Harper had the balls that Chretien had when he said no to Iraq. Unfortunately, Harper is just looking to have a legacy...too bad he has already killed it.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So going to a place that democratically voted to not be a part of the Ukraine and fighting for it to remain so is fighting for democracy!? Is that you George W. Bush?
Let's bomb the democracy into them! lol

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I think you were one of the few people who actually caught what i was implying by linking that video. Bravo.

Also, It's good people think Canada does not have an Army.

But it is a known fact that like the commandos in the U.S Canadian Commandos train grunts in other countries.
Are basically masters of all weapons and terrains. With divisions for anti-terrorism and Assassination.

Their budget is classified, The officers who work with them. Also Classified. The number of members within these groups hand picked from the Army are also classified.

They use unmarked vehicles, We may say hey. Canada has this many ships, jets, helicopters ect.
However, We cannot say how many of these items CSOR/JTF2 has at their disposal.

As far as the rest of the world knows. We don't have a Secret Army.

If we are really getting into a confrontation with Russia. You could expect these groups to be participating 100%.
And these arn't your average commandos.
As a Canadian citizen i really should not be posting about it.
But it is only a rutine patrol. I should hope no major attempts are done within the region.
It sucks Nato is dragging us into this conflict and harper is thumbing his face at Putin.

The OP did twist the words Yes, but this is undoubtly occuring right now.

All i can say is if we did have to engage in operations, Covert or not.
Canada takes it at a professional level. If i were Russian i'd be worried. Many of our soldiers are compariable to Russian Spez and are even trained in things the Spez are not.

The bulk of the Canadian army is classified. That is why the rest of the world for the most part has no idea.
Except for those that Revere the CSOR Or the JTF2. You know how they say canadians have the best snipers in the world? Those snipers are in those regiments.
edit on 31-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
Canadians Are Angry

No, they are not Angry about it. Pure BS

Canada has the largest group of Ukrainian immigrant populations outside of Ukraine itself. Supporting Ukraine has a long and strong tradition in Canada. The country has sent lots of useful non-lethal military supplies to help Ukraine defend itself...beside money it has given and loaned Ukraine.

Your post is pure garbage.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
So going to a place that democratically voted to not be a part of the Ukraine and fighting for it to remain so is fighting for democracy!? Is that you George W. Bush?

Which vote is that? The Crimea vote that didn't have a stay with Ukraine option on it or the Donbass vote collected by the guys with AK47's?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Second, I don't know anyone here that agrees with what Harper is doing (being Obamas butt puppet).

Last poll taken Canadians support Harper's action on the Ukraine invasion overwhelmingly. 48% approve and 28% somewhat approve.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Ah the BS is getting deep around here...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Last poll taken Canadians support Harper's action on the Ukraine invasion overwhelmingly. 48% approve and 28% somewhat approve.

www.ctvnews.ca...

I would counter that with a question. How many actually know of the history and the reasons for what happened over there? Many just believe that Putin invaded Ukraine with his army, potentially shot down a plane and ignored Crimea's pleas to be left alone. I blame the people that don't know for participating in polls, but the government does know...that is what pisses me off about Harper.
Chretien questioned the OS about Iraq and made sure people knew about both sides. The US population was all for bombing Iraq as they had "Aluminum tubes". Can't blame people for being passionate, but they sure can be held to task when they are ignorant.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Which vote is that? The Crimea vote that didn't have a stay with Ukraine option on it or the Donbass vote collected by the guys with AK47's?

So a vote with over 80% turnout that voted to secede (97%) isn't right? You have a source?
AK47's, did you bother to find out why? lol
Very large group of international observers checked it all out, no violations were reported by them. In fact, they observed that everything was very well put together.
Propaganda won out on you too, eh?

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Propaganda won out on you too, eh

And that coming from someone who used the Kremlin propaganda machine for a source.

Looks as though it won you over even more...eh.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Very large group of international observers checked it all out, no violations were reported by them. In fact, they observed that everything was very well put together.

The 'observers' you talk of were all far right politicians and newly created agencies by same, hand picked by Russia, whom many actually came from. The OSCE was not allowed to observe, and they are the Gold standard.

Wow...you call out the BS and get more dumped on the floor!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

www.ctvnews.ca...

I would counter that with a question. How many actually know of the history and the reasons for what happened over there? Many just believe that Putin invaded Ukraine with his army, potentially shot down a plane and ignored Crimea's pleas to be left alone. I blame the people that don't know for participating in polls, but the government does know...that is what pisses me off about Harper.
Chretien questioned the OS about Iraq and made sure people knew about both sides. The US population was all for bombing Iraq as they had "Aluminum tubes". Can't blame people for being passionate, but they sure can be held to task when they are ignorant.

Ah the standard reaction when the BS gets exposed. Squirming then shifting to 'comparable' things.
So funny!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join