It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing The TPP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Exposing The TPP- It's Not What You Think It Is

Presenting this as is, asking for collaboration to expose the The Trans-Pacific Partnership, known as the TPP in short.

It seems the media, and even on this site, that it is being promoted as a positive aspect. I really implore you take the time to see for yourself instead of rallying around what is being promoted. Here's some info to work with starting off.

We only know about the TPP's threats thanks to leaks – the public is not allowed to see the draft TPP text. Even members of Congress, after being denied the text for years, are now only provided limited access. Meanwhile, more than 500 official corporate "trade advisors" have special access. The TPP has been under negotiation for six years, and the Obama administration wants to sign the deal this year. Opposition to the TPP is growing at home and in many of the other countries involved.
- Citizen.org-TPP

If they become aware – that's the key. One of TPP's most abhorrent elements has been the secrecy under which it's been negotiated. The Obama administration's fondness for secret laws, policies and methods has a lot to do with a basic reality: the public would say no to much of which is done in our names and with our money if we knew what was going on. As Senator Elizabeth Warren pointed out, in a letter to the White House:

I have heard the argument that transparency would undermine the administration's policy to complete the trade agreement because public opposition would be significant. If transparency would lead to widespread public opposition to a trade agreement, then that trade agreement should not be the policy of the United States. I believe in transparency and democracy and I think the US Trade Representative should too.

The Gaurdian

In short, the concerns of this:

"Who's interests are U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and President Obama really protecting?"

This "free trade agreement" is being negotiated, and has been for the last five year, behind the scenes. From the US and 11 other countries, including Australia, Canada, Japan, Mexico, etc.

Keep in mind of the TPP's draft, only give of the chapters deal with trade. Others covered in the deal will include factors that affected us daily:

Internet freedom -

Should be a major concern here, quite possibly affecting sites such as ATS, not only that but the net overall
Such as; ISP's would be required to watch your internet use monitoring for piracy. More:

Under this TPP proposal, Internet Service Providers could be required to "police" user activity (i.e. police YOU), take down internet content, and cut people off from internet access for common user-generated content.

Violations could be as simple as the creation of a YouTube video with clips from other videos, even if for personal or educational purposes. Mandatory fines would be imposed for individuals' non-commercial copies of copyrighted material.

So, downloading some music could be treated the same as large-scale, for-profit copyright violations.
- Source
continued... affecting user generated content.

SOAP/ PIPA v 2.0s?

Wyden fears the TPP has the potential to, like SOPA and PIPA, lead to a drastically more censored Internet in its pursuit of greater online copyright enforcement. The key word there is potential. Though chapters of earlier drafts have been leaked, the current text is held only by the negotiating nations’ trade representatives and their advisors. And while members of Congress are technically granted access, it’s not exactly a fair fight, as Wyden’s staffer Tom Caiazza told the Daily Dot:

“[T]hey have to go to a secure room without notebooks or even their staff to read what is being negotiated. They are then not allowed to discuss those documents with their staffs[...] All this information is in legalese and unless they’re an expert in the issues being addressed, it is going to be difficult for members to truly understand without the help of their expert staff just what these documents mean.”

Source

-Also,

-Job loss and less pay
As it would provide incentives to offshore jobs to low-wage countries.

-Food Safety
Allowing corporations to sue governments- even locally

-Civil Liberties

-And more

References: Various sites on the net sharing about this, not sure I can share some because of including petitions and such.

Citizen.org-TPP
StopTPP

edit on 30-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: images

edit on 30-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: Added more/on Wyden's concerns

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you for raising this issue!

There are plenty of issues going on in the background, but this is one of their final chess pieces to be moved in bringing about more of their global control.

The fact that this is such a closely guarded secret is very telling indeed.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Nope, this is the big one.

Here's a thread I started back in July when I first learned of it.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership Could 'Establish a War of All Against All'

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CloudsTasteMetallic

Nope, this is the big one.

Here's a thread I started back in July when I first learned of it.

The Trans-Pacific Partnership Could 'Establish a War of All Against All'

Thanks has some good points to add to this thread.

Grayson is ferociously clear about what the effect will be: “The TPP would destroy our ability to govern ourselves. In large part, what you’d see is something between corporate rule and anarchy… It establishes a Hobbesian war of all against all.”
-thread above
edit on 30-12-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
A lot of information to sift through, but in case you missed Wikileaks update release of TPP

Updated TPP leak

Lengthy indeed!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You cant tell me a government made the TPP. This agreement is bigger than that.
edit on 302am3130up86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatsup86
You cant tell me a government made the TPP. This agreement is bigger than that.

Would it be more accurate to say "the" government made it?

I'm assuming that you've noticed by now that there's not a single country in the world using a currency that's backed by anything other than fairy dust and privately owned central banks.
Well, there might be one, somewhere. They won't last long though.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good on you to share this!

I'm following TPP since it was leaked in 2012.
This is Indeed one of the most dangerous endeavours of the fascist centralists we've seen yet.

I don't believe my country will obey to it though- there is way too much resistance in commerce and society.
The scum can fasttrack as much as they want... this will not stand.

originally posted by: elementalgrove
The fact that this is such a closely guarded secret is very telling indeed.

Indeed.
I'd say the fact that almost all MSM are silent about this since it is publicly known is also very telling.
edit on 1-1-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the shared links all. I'll share more as it comes out. And a bump for those who may have missed it. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

join