It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Non-Mexicans Than Mexicans Were Apprehended at U.S. Borders in 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Seen this and just knew I was in trouble but after I poured thru the stats..."Whew"! Not Canadians!

On a more serious note...WoW! Who could see this coming? All my life I've known of the Mexican flow into the US and I remember the news this year about S. American children coming in numbers but never thought of the outcome.

Pew said the recent increase in non-Mexican apprehensions can be attributed in part to a surge in illegal immigration from Central America.
www.pewresearch.org...

The recent increase in non-Mexican apprehensions is due in part to a surge in unaccompanied Central American child migrants crossing the border without their parents. In fiscal year 2014, nearly 52,000 unaccompanied children from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras were apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border, more than double the total from the previous year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection data. By contrast, the number of unaccompanied Mexican children apprehended slightly declined over the same time period, from 17,000 to 16,000.

About 229,000 Mexicans were apprehended by the Border Patrol in fiscal year 2014 compared with 257,000 non-Mexicans during the previous year, according to recently published Border Patrol data.
www.cbp.gov...

What is the US going to look like in 10 years and how will it survive? It's barely hanging on right now as it is. Or is this what the FEMA camps are for? Bring in the people, give them 3 hots and a cot in exchange for slave labor? I'm starting to think that's the long game.

I know one thing. If I were facing the same fate as these people I would enter any Country illegally so as to make a better life for my family.

AND so would anyone here.

Peace

edit on 30-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I know one thing. If I were facing the same fate as these people I would enter any Country illegally so as to make a better life for my family.

Without a doubt.

AND so would anyone here.

You would have thought so wouldn't you...
But with the way some people here treat this topic with such vitriol, I'm sure they will deny that.

& they'll be the very same people claiming that Turkey is a disgrace for blocking entry to refugees who flood the border to avoid beheading...
Then I think to myself, "don't the Cartels do that in Mexico to these poor people as well?"...

I guess it's different...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

From your graph it seems like total apprehensions have fallen. So are less people trying to come in or are they intentionally looking the other way as of late?

join