It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what did I see?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
While back I was looking into the sky like I always do when outside. When I saw a light that looked like a star pulsate than went away. Saw it for bout a second....did I see a fallen star? I don't think so what I saw was way up in space with the other stars. And everytime I seen a fallen star it streaks across the sky. Keep in mind I was in a city wasn't many stars maybe a handful. Do I think I saw a ufo? Don't think so..I think it was something to do with stars but who knows. : shrugs:
edit on 30-12-2014 by truehumandna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Could be Iridium Flares, or an UFO.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think it was a reflection from a satellite or a meteor.
Or a UFO.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here's a video from a guy called Babak Tafreshi, and he has more in the description.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It is extremely difficult to make an accurate determination based upon your description, unfortunately. However, a piece of debris entering our atmosphere cannot be ruled out, because it is possible for these shooting stars to be seen from a certain angle, which can change their appearance. So you might not see it shoot across the sky every single time, and the amount of time it is visible will not always be the same. And the smaller it is, the less energy that will be released for the most part. The large the mass the greater the amount of friction that will be created. If the particle is relatively small it can even disintegrate with very little heat in comparison to a larger object, and less heat will equal less light in such a scenario.

What is important to determine is whether the light flashed brightly and then died out, or if it was bright, dim, and bright again. This does not necessarily rule out debris from space, but it would be less common in my opinion. So from the description you've given I think a natural explanation is more sufficient than something like an alien explanation, and this is not really an unidentified flying object in the sense that is has no earthly explanation, although it is technically a UFO considering that we cannot be certain as to its origin. Then we can consider that the vast majority of UFO's seen in the sky, those where natural explanations seem lacking, are visible for quite a length of time; this is opposed to just a flash of light followed by nothing. So all things considered, again, you likely saw a natural phenomenon, most likely a shooting star.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
It is extremely difficult to make an accurate determination based upon your description, unfortunately. However, a piece of debris entering our atmosphere cannot be ruled out, because it is possible for these shooting stars to be seen from a certain angle, which can change their appearance. So you might not see it shoot across the sky every single time, and the amount of time it is visible will not always be the same. And the smaller it is, the less energy that will be released for the most part. The large the mass the greater the amount of friction that will be created. If the particle is relatively small it can even disintegrate with very little heat in comparison to a larger object, and less heat will equal less light in such a scenario.

What is important to determine is whether the light flashed brightly and then died out, or if it was bright, dim, and bright again. This does not necessarily rule out debris from space, but it would be less common in my opinion. So from the description you've given I think a natural explanation is more sufficient than something like an alien explanation, and this is not really an unidentified flying object in the sense that is has no earthly explanation, although it is technically a UFO considering that we cannot be certain as to its origin. Then we can consider that the vast majority of UFO's seen in the sky, those where natural explanations seem lacking, are visible for quite a length of time; this is opposed to just a flash of light followed by nothing. So all things considered, again, you likely saw a natural phenomenon, most likely a shooting star.
you know that's what I was thinking I seen the shooting star at a different angle. It flashed real.bright than died out looked like a bright white light not flickering like a star

new topics

top topics

join