It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once upon a time......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Once upon a time in the bold new world of ATS, the couragious members could acceces a moderator as if he or she was a real person and post a question.
Once upon a time one could find ones old postings.
Once upon a time I had an Avatar.
Many years have past and all this is gone, where is my beautiful avatar?
Where are the moderaters who kindly answered questions?
Where are my old postings?????
AND where is spell check?
Pardon me, I'm a dinasuar, haven't logged on for years, kind of like a migrating whale.

ATS was a universal "family" site, what happened? Money?
Thank You, WIS

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

ATS was a universal "family" site, what happened? Money?

Considering the length of time ATS has been around, it was bound to grow, with growth comes all members of society...

Including the likes of which, I doubt the Site Owners wanted to attract...

As for your posts, that's one for the Mods to answer pal, only one listed on your profile, I've seen it before, but I'm not sure how it happens.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Well, if you are looking for an avatar, the Avatar Creations thread and it's many fine artists and creators will be able to help.

As for moderators, the site is very large these days, consisting of a great many members, and so although they do a bang up job, there may not be quite the mod to member ratio that you are used to. As for your old postings, you should try looking at the top right hand corner of the page. There should be a small green magnifying glass icon up there somewhere. If you click that, and type in the username that you posted under, it should technically give you some results. Also, if you look at your profile (which can be accessed by clicking the fourth icon from the right at the very top of the page, which ought to be a green speedometer looking thing) it may also have some of your old postings.

I will try and find a link for the avatar folks...

Here it is! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go to that thread, ask questions, people will help you!

edit on 30-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added detail

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its a link to your profile page. It is accessible via the route I mentioned before, but I thought it would be a nice gesture to offer an alternative while you get your bearings.

And regarding what you said about ATS being a "family" site... It is. Above Top Secret IS the family!

edit on 30-12-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical/spelling error removal.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Well, welcome back WalkInSilence!

If you click on 'forums' above, you can scroll down to see which mods are currently online. It's been months since I've heard of a biting, so feel free to contact them. If you click on a moderator's name in the forum list, that will take you right to a set-up U2U (now PM or private message) to them.

See the little downward arrow on the top right of your screen? Click that and you get a new sub-menu. Click on 'profile' and you'll see that your avatar is still there. You might have to go to 'upload' to find the URL of your avatar and then 'account
' to resubmit your avatar so it is visible in your posts.

'Profile' also shows you your old threads, posts, wall, etc. Nice avatar BTW.

Anything we can do to help you out with finding things, feel free to send a mail to any moderators. See that little person icon under everyone's avatar? That will send a U2U/PM to that member.

kick off your shoes and get comfortable again. You might want to use the half-moon icon on the upper right of the screen -- that changes your view from light to dark. I like the dark view myself. YMMV.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Welcome back from uhh skidrow?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

ATS Posts.

Argentus, you may be able to assist WalkInSilence...
If you go to the link it only shows one Post (the OP)...
All their previous Posts seem to have disappeared.

At least I think that's what the OP was asking anyways.

YMMV.

I've seen this from others and was meaning to ask what it stands for?
Gracias.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That's strange. When I click on WalkInSilence's name at the top of this thread, I see many threads, and in clicking on those threads, see many posts. Not sure why the posts didn't come through. WalkInSilence

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Your mileage may vary...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

It is strange indeed.

Also strange is WalkInSilence's Avatar is visible in the profile, but not on the thread.

Maybe a few glitches having not been here for a while?

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you my friend.

edit on 30-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Ahh, Yes this is the ATS capital I recall.
I do hope you are chugging Guinnes or a proper whiskey!!!
WHERE is spell check? Please. Seriously.
So there are real people here still? How comfy. Well "you" could still be a robot and be polite and funny.
I used to, well still do, recomend the site to off the grid, interesting, awkard, inquisitory, high IQ, people.
May All Be Well
WIS

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Perhaps because he didn't post from May 2008 until now.

During then was the switch to the new version and new photo's etc. chances are that the switch missed some stuff from profiles. Like when it messed up the points system.

People were asked to check in during a period for transferring images from the old version, if I recall correctly.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It is neither Guinness nor whiskey, but Rum! Indeed, if I recall correctly, that is approximately four shots of either Kraken, which is a dark, spiced rum with some very pleasant caramel like undertones, or possibly the same amount of Bacardi 8 year matured Gold, which is somewhere between a light and a dark rum, with all the heat and sweetness that you would expect, but with a smokey, whiskey like after note.

Spell check, as far as I know, is activated on ones web browser, rather than as a mechanic of the site itself. For example, I am using an iPad at the moment, and it has its spell checker turned on. I also use a laptop to access ATS, but the spell checker on its web browser is set to "off", and as a result, when I use it to get onto the site, I have to be a tiny bit more careful with my spelling!

As for real people on the site, oh yes indeed there are! In fact, some of the most charming, affable persons I have had the pleasure of conversing with, can be found within the august body which comprises this membership! I have made some very firm friends here, and hope to make more in the future, along side nattering about the affairs of the day, the space weather forecast, and Christ knows how many other things! This site is still eclectic, appropriate for eccentrics, and a pleasant place to be!

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I do wish I could read your name but it is hidden in your marvolous Avatar.
Thanks, not skid row just "Time" same thing.
WIS

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

p.s. the envelope on the upper right side of your screen lights up when you have a message.

edit on 30/12/14 by argentus because: because 'envelop' isn't a noun

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

All...each and every one...is still here. Except maybe your avatar...they dont stay forever. The mods do...the posts do....we've grown since you left.

We've matured, we've grown, we've shaped and shifted, added to and taken away...but everything is in its place. The mods are always right here just a U2U away...even moreso than a few years back.

Maybe the issue for you friend is that you've been gone too long. Next time...and hopefully for you...and us, there wont be a next time...you dont stay away so long? We all need each other.

For ATS is the sum total of all. Good, bad, insightful, inquistive, knowledgable and informative. Without any one of us...we are a bit less than whole.

Glad youve found your way back....MS

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

WHERE is spell check? Please. Seriously.

I don't know anything about your other issues here, being fairly new, but that one's easy.

Get Firefox. You'll have spell-check anywhere you're able to type text, not just this forum. Chrome probably has it too.

IE does not have spell-check and likely never will.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The facts are that when there was a switch in ATS versions, it messed up the points system and also the old images area. Members were asked to transfer images from the old system if they wanted to keep them or something like that. If you weren't active for years maybe it affected your profile as it did others.

Perhaps you object to genuine advice or can't handle it.

Personally I couldn't care less about your opinions so I suggest you go mention it to ATS staff that you are offended about how the site messed up your profile.

Perhaps because he didn't post from May 2008 until now.

During then was the switch to the new version and new photo's etc. chances are that the switch missed some stuff from profiles. Like when it messed up the points system.

People were asked to check in during a period for transferring images from the old version, if I recall correctly.

edit on 1-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
With out any one of us ... we are a bit less than whole.
I like that line, one day in cyberspace ATS will be a little Universe of its own .
You know what I'm saying.
There is no other forum with such a diverse open conglamarate of people.
Any way I hope I can find my Avatar.
WIS

a reply to: mysterioustranger

edit on 1-1-2015 by WalkInSilence because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join