It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prime Minister Of Turkey Is Now Having Talks About Invading Jerusalem, In A Major World War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavmas
a reply to: pavmas

If you lived in Israel and heard this threat about a coming war and you had you children in bed' what would you want your Government to do' considering what happend to the Jews in WW11, If It was me I would say take them out now and send a message to these fckers. I believe in peace but its not going to happen. Your kids are in bed you are surrounded by hostile nations what do you do. You evacuate your kids and then you say lets see what you have got' if not then this is the rest of your life not knowing when an attack will come' for the first time I understand what it must be like for the jews.

If you were so worried about you kids would you move them into a war zone? Would you move them into a place that you knew was a hostile occupation of another nation? This has been going on for decades so what person in their right mind would move there knowing there was a good chance for their kids getting killed. Also please don't drag the Jews into this these people are Zionist not Jews they use Jews for human shields so they can get away with their decades of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Bet they get stage fright.

If they do it would be because of America. When it comes to military might Turkey has nothing to worry about when it comes to Israel. Turkey ranks 8th while Israel is 11th.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The Turkish military considers itself to be the guardian of Kemalism, but Erdogan made some changes to their constitution a few years back that took away quite a bit of its power.

Turkey's constitutional referendum

As you can see from the article, it was largely trumpeted as being good for democracy by the EU and other PTP, as well as their journalistic lapdogs, but I personally have my doubts about that, since it seems to lead to less secularism. For example until then it was forbidden to wear a headscarf in any public building (like universtities or public offices) to make it clear that state and religion are seperated. Not anymore though.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

That's what they said before the six-day war, too.

According to all the military analysts and pundits, it was to be a lopsided match. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) consisted of 275,000 troops, compared to the 456,000 soldiers of the combined Iraqi, Syrian, Jordanian and Egyptian armies. The united Arab forces also had a decided edge with regards to weaponry and military equipment: they boasted more than double the amount of tanks, and close to four times the amount of combat aircraft. The three-week period preceding the Six-Day War was one of dread, shock and fright for the residents of the Holy Land.
Link

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Does Turkey want the ottoman empire back

That's the revived Roman Empire of the Bible, the beast empire. People narrow-sightedly look at the western leg of the Roman Empire and totally forget the eastern leg which outlived the western by 1,000 years.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

If they do it would be because of America. When it comes to military might Turkey has nothing to worry about when it comes to Israel. Turkey ranks 8th while Israel is 11th.

LOL!!! Yes, nothing to worry about except those nukes.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Interesting, I've wondered what the hook in the jaw of Russia would be for the Ezekiel 38 and 39 war. The pipeline could be it.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The Ezekiel war cant happen until the end of the Tribulation, since Christ's return is what puts it to an end. If there is an invasion of Jerusalem in the near future (on this side of the rapture), it will be a decoy pseudoprophetic event. The antichrist rises very soon after the rapture, but when Jesus returns, there will be a removal of non-believers (baptism of fire). If a war is concocted against Jerusalem just before the Rapture, then the antichrist could claim that the Rapture was really the baptism of fire, and that his rise ended the war. It would be a bait and switch situation.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

That's what they said before the six-day war, too.

According to all the military analysts and pundits, it was to be a lopsided match. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) consisted of 275,000 troops, compared to the 456,000 soldiers of the combined Iraqi, Syrian, Jordanian and Egyptian armies. The united Arab forces also had a decided edge with regards to weaponry and military equipment: they boasted more than double the amount of tanks, and close to four times the amount of combat aircraft. The three-week period preceding the Six-Day War was one of dread, shock and fright for the residents of the Holy Land.
Link

Turkey wasn't involved in the six day war. Turkey is far different than the ones that were involved.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The Ezekiel war cant happen until the end of the Tribulation, since Christ's return is what puts it to an end.

That's not accurate, the Gog-Magog war happens prior to Daniel's 70th week. I like to call it "WWIII".

THIS IS NOT THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON

There are no references in Ezekiel 38-39 to the conflict between Jesus Christ and "antichrist" (the false Christ), a battle that will end with antichrist's defeat at the notorious battle of Armageddon (Rev.16:16). Armageddon takes place about seven years later at the conclusion of the tribulation with the"glorious appearing," i.e., the second-coming, of the Lord Jesus Christ (Rev.19:11-21).

Ezekiel 38 & 39

edit on 30-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

LOL!!! Yes, nothing to worry about except those nukes.

If Israel were to use a Nuke against Turkey over Jerusalem then it would be the end of Israel. Turkey is a member of NATO Israel is not so by the treaty we signed if Israel were to attack Turkey then they would have to face America and the rest of NATO as well. This means Israel gets turned into a sand pit. Do you really think Israel can withstand an attack such as that? Remember Jerusalem doesn't belong to Israel they are hostile occupiers.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If Israel were to use a Nuke against Turkey over Jerusalem then it would be the end of Israel. Turkey is a member of NATO Israel is not so by the treaty we signed if Israel were to attack Turkey then they would have to face America and the rest of NATO as well.

Ahhh, yes, just like they were all quick to assist Ukraine against Russia?

I hear they did get some nice blankets and socks.

NATO believes that a sovereign, independent and stable Ukraine, firmly committed to democracy and the rule of law, is key to Euro-Atlantic security. NATO and Ukraine’s partnership dates back to 1997 and has, since then, developed into one of the most substantive of NATO’s partnerships. The formal basis for NATO-Ukraine relations is the 1997 Charter on a Distinctive Partnership, which established the NATO-Ukraine Commission (NUC), and the Declaration to Complement the Charter signed in 2009.

NATO.int

Having nuclear weapons is a COMPLETE game-changer.

edit on 30-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sirrurg

yes that is a change from when I was there. I knew he made some changes but unaware how far he had been able to tip the scales. I still don't feel he has as firm a grasp on the military/Jandarma as he would like. However since the times are changing and a younger more non-secular minded population is exerting pressure, who knows.

I still do not believe they have what it would take to invade Jerusalem but certainly could stir the pot more, its a shame as the whole area once was a beautiful moment in time, from Afghanistan to Turkey to Syria and Egypt, let us hope one day in our future that all will return to what it once was.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

There are two reasons why the Gog of Magog war cannot happen before the 70th Week.

1). The Rapture ends the Church Age and begins the 70th Week, so no prophecy concerning Israel can occur during the Church Age.
2). The Gog of Magog war is terminated by a world wide earthquake that starts in Jerusalem, followed by brimstone. This is a description of Jesus' Second Advent. The entire earth shook at the Flood and can only shake once more.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

There are two reasons why the Gog of Magog war cannot happen before the 70th Week.

1). The Rapture ends the Church Age and begins the 70th Week, so no prophecy concerning Israel can occur during the Church Age.
2). The Gog of Magog war is terminated by a world wide earthquake that starts in Jerusalem, followed by brimstone. This is a description of Jesus' Second Advent. The entire earth shook at the Flood and can only shake once more.

That's a great point so I'll grant you number 1, but not number 2. The God-Magog war is not the Battle of Armageddon. Now that you mention it, perhaps Gog-Magog is described in Revelation 8:7?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I do have one objection though to this, and that is Isaiah 11:11-16. Or did you mean nothing prophesied for Israel for the 70th week can happen before the rapture of the church and the end of the Church Age?

Thoughts please.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Interesting. Sign of the times? Prophecies indicate such an attack would not go well for the aggressors. I have suspected for some time that Turkey would be involved in some aggressive action in that part of the world. Had a friend that called them peaceful, but that never seemed to fit.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Read Ezekiel 39. Its a Millenial passage. It declares that the Jews will once again worship Christ unanimously, and the remaining Gentiles will marvel and humble themselves before God. This cannot occur near the beginning of the 70th Week, as there is still a lot of blasphemy to be done by Jews and Gentiles alike.

Isaiah 11:11-16 is another Millenial passage. As Christ stifles all aggression, the all 12 tribes will be lead back to the land. During the 70th Week, there may be some Jews in Judah, but the majority of the 12 tribes will still be scattered. Israel is regathered by Christ at His return, not by man before hand. Notice how Ezekiel and Isaiah both say "in that day". That is a poetic clue...in what day?...on Yom Yehwah, the Day of the Lord. The Day of the Lord is only one day, its the day the Lord returns, not the entire 70th Week. When you tell a Jew, "in that day", they know that it is the day that every Jew should be looking forward too, the day God ends sin for Israel.

No prophecy concerning Israel can be fulfilled during the Church Age. Since Israel only has 7 years left, that restricts prophecy to the 70th Week.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I don't really care for Israel due to their actions, but if Turkey actually did something of this nature they would be far, far worse in my book. But honestly I do not care for any of the predominantly Muslim nations, not really because they are Muslim, but also because of their behavior. Although I do hold a certain disdain for Islam, despite the fact that I support religious freedoms. It has more to do with the fact that Islam is the predominant religion that has followers who attempt to violently oppose their religious beliefs on individuals with different beliefs than them. There is no room in this world for intolerant people who would resort to violence because someone does not believe the same thing they believe. IF a war broke out between such nations, Israel would not lose, plain and simple. The only nations that would attempt to gang up on Israel are some of the Muslim nations, as no western nation would get involved against Israel if Israel did not start the invasion. Even then it is unlikely.

The US would definitely come to Israel's aid, and they would be correct to do so if Israel was invaded. Allies of the US would likely also come to Israel's aid. No Muslim nation is sophisticated enough militarily to put up a protracted fight against such nations. Especially if they are the ones doing the attacking. A defender, even in a hastily prepared defensive position, has at least a 3 to 1 advantage against the attacking forces. If the attack is a surprise then that advantage is absolutely negated, but I do not think that an invasion force could be assembled in total secrecy, not in this day and age. An invasion large enough to pose a threat to Israel would also be large enough to be noticed. And Israel WILL use nuclear weapons if they started getting the worst of it, and it seemed like all conventional military methods had been exhausted. I've said it many times before, that this is the only real time that a nation would choose to use nuclear weapons.

One reason that many nations would line up to help Israel is this: if Israel were attacked by a conglomerate of the Muslim nations, this would mean that those supporting Israel would be justified in actually pushing back the invasion and then subsequently invading those attacking nations. The resources that could potentially be won would be enormous, and because of this there would be many nations who would participate so that they could get some of the spoils of war. Take a nation like Saudi Arabia. There would never be enough justification for invading and conquering such a nation. But if they outright started a war in the Middle East, suddenly such a scenario seems much more plausible. It would not be easy by any means, but it could be done. Even a defense of Israel against multiple nations would not be easy, but the odds would not be bad. Israel will never be conquered militarily however, at least no time in the near future, precisely because of the nuclear option. With all that said however, there is absolutely no way that Israel is going to be invaded. I'm sure that many Muslim nations would LOVE to invade and conquer Israel, but they know they would have their butts handed to them. This has happened before, remember? Israel had only existed for a very short time when this first happened.

The main problem for an invading force is that they will not be able to gain air superiority, which is essential to a successful invasion, if you are talking about invading forces composed of multiple armies from a single nation. We are talking hundreds of thousands of soldiers. And pretty densely packed considering the small borders of Israel. Aircraft could literally rip these forces to shreds, because they will never be able to prepare adequate defensive positions in the necessary locations, especially not unnoticed. And then there is the fact that Israel, being relatively small, can launch certain pieces of ordinance from within their own territory. Artillery alone would prove deadly to any invading force, again because artillery can reach every possible invasion point around Israel. And there is not really any opportunity for maneuver warfare on a large scale, again due to the size of the country in question. It would be a slug fest between an attacker and a defender, and the attacker would get the worst of it for sure. Something like artillery would just be a tool, and it is not as if there would be enough guns to put a huge dent in hundreds of thousands of men, but combined with surface to surface missiles, and most importantly dumb bombs dropped from bombers, combined with other tactics and explosives, the kill ratio would prove enormous. None of the Muslim nations possess technology to stop these sorts of military measures. The main threat would come to aircraft, with things like mobile anti-aircraft missiles, but these would be one of the first things to be knocked out, again with the intention of establishing air superiority. Anyway, despite the relative sophistication of some Muslim nations' militaries, their main force would come from their numbers. But numbers alone are not a primary factor in warfare much of the time. In certain situations numbers are very important, say when two sides are evenly matched in technology, production, materiel, etc., or if you are fighting a war of attrition. A war like we are discussing very well could be a war of attrition to a certain extent, but it just depends on how the various forces chose to handle such a conflict.
edit on 12/30/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

But that's just estimated mainly on the number of active soldiers and active weaponry.

It takes nothing into consideration regarding the discipline or training, tactics, or experience of the soldiers. It also doesn't factor in who is defending, who is attacking, and in which places or terrain the battles take place.

I'd think 8th and 11th are pretty dang close to each other in regards to numbers.

As we've seen in previous Middle Eastern wars involving Israel in the 1960's and 70's, numbers meant little, and a heavily outnumbered Israel was victorious in defending as well as attacking.

I think the Turks would have their hands full.

I also think if the Turks attack Israel, it'd be along with other entities also attacking Israel, as this would be the only way to have a chance of victory.

I think the chemical, biological, and possibly nuclear weapons would get deployed and used, and it'd be very ugly.

Kind of like the prophesied war of Gog and Magog described in Ezekiel 38.

Ezekiel 38:7-9 (New International Version)

7 “‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8 After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9 You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

Doesn't that sound about right?
edit on 12/30/2014 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join