It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Claims the U2 Was Responsible for All or Most of 1950's and 1960's UFO Sightings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

To be fair some of the stuff thats "ours" is pretty BAD ASS.

Wonder if equilateral flying triangles people tend to see sometimes are the U2 also.

Also since when did the U2 travel as insane speeds?

I guess they think the population is that dumb that they'd believe this crock excuse.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is one of the most ridiculous assertions I've heard.

Not even gonna expend any energy pointing out how flawed this claim is, on the face of it this is just a very obvious bold-faced lie.

What happened to the Alien & UFO forum anyway? Seems no-one even believes there's anything to the phenomena around here these days.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The U2 flight envelope is so tight that there is virtually no room for maneuvering. Venus is a much better explanation. Those disc shaped, silvery planets that pace commercial aircraft and fool experienced pilots even during daylight hours.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Sine when did Venus pull off the kind of manoeuvres or aerial acrobatics some of these things(UFOs) have apparently displayed? Possibly swamp gas, but if that's the case we really should be researching the potential of said gas considering its apparent characteristics.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Yes, but up near where it cruises, it's not going to look like a plane. Especially the early ones with silver paint on them.

But its also not going to be making lots sharp angle UFO-like turns and changes in altitude. that thing has long wibbly wobbly wings that need training wheels to get down a runway without breaking the wings off.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Its all bullsh@@ and horsefeathers! Goddamn! How crazy stupid are people supposed to be? Don't answer that

As if! As if the CI frickin A had even the manpower to be appearing all over the damn world. Ha! Thousands and thousands of reports. No-sense lmfao.

Military manouvers like mainbrace? RB47! Low level 'fly over your head' and police-chasing light clusters? All of these are supposed to be a high altitude aircraft? By god those pilots must have been hotdogging and flying drunk. Yeehaw!

No sonic booms over town and countryside? The central so-called INTELLIGENCE agency musyt have gotten high on christmas eggnog this year. If they have said it was witches and ghosts it would be just as laughably, stupendously WRONG.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
No it wasn't and would they just stop with their nonstop lies and attempts to reset this world to the dark ages. DISCLOSE AND FREE THE WORLD AND DISTRIBUTE HOME, FOOD, LAND, ENERGY, MEDICAL TO EVERYONE ON EARTH. STEP DOWN. ABOLISH THEOCRACIES AND FASCISTS SYSTEMS. EQUALIZE. FREE. STEP DOWN.

Think micro and macro. If they can do anything, its because something else is already doing something. Anything they're doing comes from a greater source of it. And ET has been interacting with earth since the beginning of earth, if earth actually has a beginning, and its not just a dvd that gets played on regular rounds. Which is literally what I believe, a simulation.
edit on 31-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I always liked the ARV story/conspiracy/etc. Perhaps not the U2, but would certainly account for sightings!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh look, the CIA was here, too!!

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

I've handled them, so I know. But there were a lot of sightings when the U-2 started flying of shining lights going in a straight line across the sky.

There were a lot of other things going on that are still classified, but the U-2 fits quite a few sightings.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
IIRC there were lots of sightings along the lines of 'right before dark I seen this disk thing flying silently against the wind'.
in poor light, if with poor eyesight (1950s not everyone had or could afford good specs) any plane tends to look flattish. At height there's no way one would hear a U2. And ground-level wind could be different than the plane's heading. And of course at altitude the plane could be reflecting light, hence the metallic/ball sightings.
Doesn't explain the hover sightings, no.
I always figured the Skyhook spy balloons inspired a fair amount of sightings (and yes, they could hover).

www.csicop.org...

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Another CIA whitewash. Whilst I expected that a lot of sightings were Cold War related, it does NOT explain UFO sightings that go back to at least the Middle Ages and the time of the Romans for example! Nor does it explain well documented cases such as the UFO sighted in New Zealand which was captured on radar and seen by very experienced pilots in 1978/79 I think it was. Another classic case was in 1976 in Iran where an Iranian jet was fired upon by a UFO. Or more recently the Phoenix Lights in Arizona. I do believe the Governments of the world know far more than they are letting on. I also believe some sort of agreement was made at or following on from the crash at Roswell with ETs and the USA. And what about the reports of UFOs shutting down and indeed firing up nuclear missiles in BOTH the USA and the former USSR. And I bet you dollar bottom that still goes on. We the public are not and should not be treated as being thick or gullible. We are NOT alone. I suspect we will see First Contact within the next 10 years. And then the media, and sceptics will not be laughing anymore. The truth is coming. You may think I am crazy, fine, that is your opinion. But do the research, read history books and the you will fit many of the pieces of a very complicated jigsaw puzzle. And don't be surprised if within the next 18 months there will be an announcement of molecular organisms found on Mars. We are being prepped for Disclosure of some sort.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i'm surprised they came out with it
we can only guess what else they've been keeping top secret
does the nsa know about this

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaffo

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: jaffo Thoughts?

i'd say possibly some but surely not all. not even most. to the best of my knowledge the U2 didn't hover. and was not silent. and most crucially, it was a plane, that looked like a plane. even then.

Yeah, I can hear that. Although A LOT of the pics from the 50's really, really look like a head-on shot of a U2 or a Blackbird. Both of which could easily appear to be floating if they were in the right position, I would think. Not disagreeing with you per se, just thinking it through.

Really? Head on shots from what? Whats up there flying with Blackbird and U2? Head on at mach-what?

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I get the feeling that we are going to see a lot of UFOs.
um! US spy ufos?!
so I guess all the circle ones are russian?

so we are going to get nothing but
"SEE! they are Not UFO's they are Just US test plains".

just another trick to fool the rest of you.
WHY are they trying so hard?
Why tell us this at all?
dont they have any New Secret plains
they want us to think are UFO's???

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Those U2 pilots landed in New Hampshire and abducted Betty and Barney Hill? They sure were busy.

Anyway, it can account for some of the sightings, but not the ones with high strangeness, which are the ones worth concentrating on. Lights in the sky don't add up to much.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I've handled them, so I know. But there were a lot of sightings when the U-2 started flying of shining lights going in a straight line across the sky.

There were a lot of other things going on that are still classified, but the U-2 fits quite a few sightings.

There's also the frequent CORONA satellite launches and film drops & chase plane pickups.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I always liked the ARV story/conspiracy/etc. Perhaps not the U2, but would certainly account for sightings!

I figure if ET ever comes along, they'll tool around in something that looks almost like a Southwest Air 737-800.

Look for the fake landing gear doors.
edit on 3-1-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yeah I guess the guy in North Bergen, NJ who saw little aliens running around the park, that traumatized him for the rest of his life, was the CIA having a picnic…

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Very good point. I can't help now but to deny ignorance and consider the possibility that the CIA statement could be true. They never stated ALL sightings were U2, and I'm pretty sure any non traditional aircraft would appear out of the ordinary to an untrained observer be it then or now. But as a UFO unthusiast I must say I still think some at the CIA have been huffing the very swamp gas they been trying to disperse on us. But that's just cuz I'm mad they won't tell us about the good stuff.

edit on 3-1-2015 by TopCat1 because: phrasing

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join