It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird of Prey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hello.

I was just wondering of the following picture of Boeings, 'bird of prey' is real, or fake. It's an odd picture..

www.boeing.com...

Thanks.

Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I recall having seen that somewhere before. It looks like its from a boeing website right? I have to say that for some reason the pic looks totally fake, like, really really badly made, like 'MS Paint' kind of fake. But I am almost certain I've seen that before.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge its real...maybe someone has the correct answer for this topic?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
From what I have read the actualy aircraft is real and has flown over 30 missions from 1996-1999, but other than that, the picture i raised seems very fake; it's just too "cool" looking.

But, then again, I am quite sure the B-2 must have aroused such animosity as well..

Deep

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
From what I have read the actualy aircraft is real and has flown over 30 missions from 1996-1999, but other than that, the picture i raised seems very fake; it's just too "cool" looking.

But, then again, I am quite sure the B-2 must have aroused such animosity as well..

Deep

You just answered your own question lol, plus it looks "cool" in all its pictures below for example

[edit on 13-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I have always wondered if it was the wild aircraft being manufactured to cover the UFOs or if the UFOs were created to cover the wild aircraft. The proverbial chicken egg thingy

Nevertheless cool airplane.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes, its real.

It was black for a few years then released because its technology no longer needed secrecy. It was stealth and was said to have visual stealth capabilities.

I think it was more of a demonstrator.

-Its a sad day when people think a real picture is a fake-

[edit on 13-12-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
-Its a sad day when people think a real picture is a fake-

Uhmm, aren;t you the guy who thought that they had finished building a public use tunnel in the atlantic sea bed frm england to new jersery? ANd that people could buy tickets for it?

And, Idon't know about anyone else, but I said that the first picture -looked- like it was fake, but only made note of it because it was weird, because I had seen the plane before and knew that it -was- real. There -is- something about the first picture that is just fake looking. Its -not- fake, I said that I had seen the plane before, I was just noting that it looked fake. I thought it was interesting because it shows that you can't just go by looks.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
www.zap16.com...

Some more info on the Bird of Prey. It is a strange photo. The aircraft's landing struts look real to me, but the rest is a dead ringer for a computer-generated image from a flight sim or the like. I wonder if that could be an effect from visual stealth?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's real ....... the lighting for the display just makes it look fake. Those pictures have been around for sometime now I believe.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My two cents says although it looks like they photoshop'd it, I think it could be a real image of the bird of prey. The reason is that the aircraft was purportedly designed and built to test rapid design and prototyping as well as test new methods of manufacture. Might be that it simply has an amazing finish.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by balrog]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
SOME of the pictures are actually CG concept or what not, the others are 100% real...

This plane would have been sexy if it was a near complete delta...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'd say its a high resolution picture. most of the high resolution photos people see are of distant objects. one of my friends has a high res camera, and if you have the developing capabilities like she does, and obviously boeing would at least have access to, close up high resolution pictures almost always look fake. I would have never believed if i hadnt been there when some pics were taken and seen the end result while spending time in her dark room/graphics suite. thats not saying that that particular pic coulnt be a "fake" for publicity sake.

new topics

top topics

join