It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bikini sports bar owner criticized after ‘Undercover Boss’ appearance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Who cares about "opinion programming" when you can see CEO's scrub toilets and hose down parking lots??

I see it as confirmation that what folks do IS valuable and absolutely disregard any incidental feel-good marketing these companies are trying to pawn off on me. Noticeably I still haven't set foot in a Hooters, bought a Subway sandwich, or purchased any golf gear.

If anyone thinks viewers are so unintelligent that we will all be brainwashed let me assure you some people can actually enjoy a program for their own reasons and just enjoy it.

GEEZE!!!!

Who care about "opinion programming"? Really? Really? You discount what I have found to be a concern of a large segment of the ATS community.

You then say that you absolutely disregard any incidental feel good marketing. Again you offer not additional thought to a conspiracy forum other than to ignore any possible man behind the curtain.

You offer assurance that some people can actually enjoy a program for their own reasons and just enjoy it. Is this not exactly what TPTB want? For us to think that what they want us to think is really nothing more than what we want to think in the first place?

And please let me assure you that the brainwashed will deny up and down that they have been brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And for a member who calls themselves Denyobfuscation you obfuscate abundantly.

That's a lie and you know it, unless it's just a case of you using a word outside your vocabulary.

Enjoy your solo lacrosse tournament. After you're finished with that, perhaps you could share with us your reviews of the worst movies of 2015 that you haven't seen yet. Happy new year.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I have seen other episodes of the show and it is for me an advertisement/opinion programming for the power pyramid system where money trickles up in different ways by trying to make people feel connected with the owners of businesses.

It is a cheap way to advertise when it only cost $200,000 of goodwill for a company that normally have over a thousand employees. A propaganda piece telling us all is fair and you get what you deserve from the corporate machine if you just buckle down and work hard for the corporate machine.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I don't watch the show, but actually did see a bit of that one, since The Mentalist follows, and was airing late here due to a stupid ball game. The employee wasn't fired just for that, but for an overall attitude that wasn't what he wanted to see. She didn't seem to really like her job, and it showed, and he actually offered to help her find work elsewhere, which she blew off. She chose to work in a place where that was the uniform, too, so that's her decision. If it bothered her, she should have looked elsewhere. As for the implants, the girl was a good worker, and really into her job, and SHE wanted that, so he offered. Another employee got a nice raise and back pay, and another medical help and more for her child. The boss wasn't any sort of jerk, at least from what was shown on the episode, and it sounds like people are getting bent out of shape for nothing.

Now, I think the girl might be a bit shallow, being so concerned with chest size, but its her decision.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

And for a member who calls themselves Denyobfuscation you obfuscate abundantly.

That's a lie and you know it, unless it's just a case of you using a word outside your vocabulary.

Enjoy your solo lacrosse tournament. After you're finished with that, perhaps you could share with us your reviews of the worst movies of 2015 that you haven't seen yet. Happy new year.

Now you out and out call me a liar. To obfuscate

a : darken
b : to make obscure
: confuse
intransitive verb
: to be evasive, unclear, or confusing
— ob·fus·ca·tion noun
— ob·fus·ca·to·ry adjective
See obfuscate defined for English-language learners »
Examples of OBFUSCATE

Politicians keep obfuscating the issues.

You several times made claims of things I had said that I had not said. You obfuscated. You pointed to things I had posted in an obscure manner which completely redefined my meaning and intent. Yes that is obfuscation.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In my opinion, all that show does is illustrate how out of touch these business owners are with what is happening on the ground. They are used to just sitting in their ivory towers, bean counting and squeezing every penny so they can pay for those extra vacation homes and their yacht.

Ultimately, they try to play the good guy and the victim, while they use the air time to get free advertising. It's a show I never watch, however, the bikini babes got me to watch this one, not the whole episode though.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Now you out and out call me a liar.
Not true, I gave you an out. I never said you didn't know how to copy and paste a definition, I implied you may not know or comprehend the definition of obfuscation. Your reply supports that possibility.

Examples of OBFUSCATE

Politicians keep obfuscating the issues.

Here's another example, You're obfuscating like a politician.

You several times made claims of things I had said that I had not said.

Nothing I said was not true. I did not say what you've claimed I said. If I did you could be specific, but you can't.

You obfuscated.

No I didn't, but you have sharted on this thread. Please cease and desist. Discuss the topic, if you wish.

You pointed to things I had posted in an obscure manner which completely redefined my meaning and intent. Yes that is obfuscation.

No, you're giving me far too much credit. Seems to stem from your misperception of my extremely simple point.

You've [said] that you have not and will not watch the show. So, I will simply refrain from reading your posts in this thread.

Have a good one.

edit on 31-12-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: omitted a word. it's in the [brackets]

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Hey DO. Maybe we can start here in hopes of reconciliation.

You said this

You began your post with "I've never watched this program" then proceed to tell us all about what's wrong with it.
Incorrect. What I said was this.

I have never watched this program as it easily could be nothing more than a

The use of the word "could" in this sentence does not point out what is wrong with the show, but rather offers potentiality. Speculative possibility.

You reply with

Nothing I said was not true. I did not say what you've claimed I said. If I did you could be specific, but you can't.

But yes you did. And by taking a speculation and implying it as a statement of fact, and true to this one specific situation, you accidentally obfuscated the clarity of my earlier statements

In my next reply in our conversation I said

Right. I get it. Viewed from this perspective, yeah fine, more tv pablum.

If this were all there was to TV programing then so what? But is it?

Here I offered clarification on my earlier statement. My use of the term pablum was used in the context of one of possibly many different perspectives from which the program might be viewed. I then went further by asking is this all there is to the program. Might there be something more. Again not saying that there was but asking if there might be.

Later you said this.

to which I replied

Now you out and out call me a liar

to which you replied

Not true

You say you did not call me a liar,(one who tells a lie and knows it), yet DO, there it is right there. You did. Clearly.

But here is something more that could (note, could, which means might, not necessarily does, but from at least one possible perspective might) indicate deeper than just a conversation about a silly tv show. This something is what has an appearance of over the top impugning my integrity and intelligence.

You said

Enjoy your solo lacrosse tournament. After you're finished with that, perhaps you could share with us your reviews of theworst movies of 2015 that you haven't seen yet. Happy new year.

Finally you end your last reply by saying

No, you're giving me far too much credit. Seems to stem from your misperception of my extremely simple point.
And that extremely simple point as I make it to be was (full circle)

You began your post with "I've never watched this program" then proceed to tell us all about what's wrong with it.
Which I did not do, as explained somewhere up above.

If you wish to leave this conversation at this point it is fine by me. I have spoken my piece as clearly as I could by using words from within my vocabulary.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Having heard about this and looked at the place in question the following can be stated:

1) Why is it that this person, the employee who was fired, had no compulsion about being in front of total strangers all day long in the employee uniform, but when it comes to her being in front of camera, she then bulks? It makes no sense what so ever. At lease with a camera, you are not going to be pawed at, or touched or even have to deal with snide remarks. Places like Bikini's and Hooters, men go there for one reason, and it is not for the beer or food, but to look at the waitresses and their endowments.

2) As long as he made it a business purpose, and not for his own personal entertainment, then it would be that the breast augmentation was for the purpose of attracting more customers which would result in better tips for the wait staff.

It's not to sit mindlessly at stare at body parts. Men can do that for free on the Internet. It's the interaction that men feel they need and want in a place like Hooters, without the scuzziness and filth of a strip club. Men like the attention and flirtatiousness of a place like Hooters. And the girls can make good tips dishing it out within reason. I think it's perfectly ok. Me? I have no desire to go to a place like that. I'd have more fun flirting with the milf standing in line at checkout in the grocery store I go to. But then again I'm of above average looks and "game" when it comes to the opposite sex. For socially awkward men who aren't total pigs and don't want to go to a topless club or strip club it's a great alternative.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Hey DO. Maybe we can start here in hopes of reconciliation.

Sure, why not? Oh, maybe because I READ THE REST OF THE POST!

Everything is on display for anyone to read and make of it what they will. Not going down another long dead end road like this.

edit on 31-12-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: caps lock f's with bb code and i'm a bad editor

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscationWell ok then.

I made a reply to the OP.
You, for some reason, took umbrage with my statements.
You then disparaged my opinion and belittled my comments as baseless.
I replied in wonder at your criticalness.
I continued to read your replies and offer clarification of my thoughts which you continued, for reasons I no longer wish to surmise, to misconstrue and ridicule.

At that point I suggested that you might be obfuscating, which I found interesting as you call yourself DenyObfuscating.

You then continued to make insulting remarks and cute little slights, digs at me.
You then called me a liar.
You asked for specifics which I posted as plain as day and you passed them over and continued with your attacks and dismissive remarks. Subtle thought you might have considered them.

And yes, from your final reply, posted above it IS all there in public for any who wish to follow.

And what have I learned from this conversation? What I learned, and I will leave this squabble with this, is best described by using your own words which sadly I must surmise describes this whole exchange most succinctly.

No, you're giving me far too much credit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join